• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MapleStory Online RPG Inspires TV Anime in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartears

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I tried it once. Never really cared for it after that.
Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
YES! I've been playing this game for years and always wondered when they would make an anime. I'm so excited! :D
Clodus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
tried it a couple months back, was fun at first but I've been busy so it kinda strayed off somehow. alot of my friends are hardcore at the game and talk about it tons. ill be sure to tell em theres an anime
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leahfu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
this is my character in maplestory(oooo finally i can post this where people will GET what i did!!)

i'm wearing a cat suit and yes my panda's name is Genma. <3
(oh and the spam is because i used this pic for my video on youtube)
sheba

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
^I LOVE your character.

This is mine:
(I don't always wear those but they just look more jestery for hanging around.).

I've been playing Maple for 2 years now...and somehow the idea of a Maple anime doesn't seem too appealing. It reminds me of those lame ass Korean commercials that they do all the time Anime hyper With the noob warrior, mage, archer and thief against a jrog.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
Have you ever seen any of the live action commercials for Maple Story?

They will make your eyes bleed.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:
Have you ever seen any of the live action commercials for Maple Story?

They will make your eyes bleed.

I dunno. I think dancing Korean girls are awesome. Surprised

Nevertheless, 6 of the episodes will be dedicated to stabbing pigs, 11 of the episodes to stabbing dogs in the face with Korean Fans, and the rest of the series dedicated to stabbing Zombies.

I guarantee it. D:

On a somewhat related note, for something as insanely popular as Maple Story, there's like, absolutely no dirty art for it at all.

That's something that makes me blink rather much at it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I've been playing it since about the first week they released the international English version of it, but I had played on the Korean servers before then back when it first make its debut a LONG time ago as an anime-style chat server.

YOU WERE A BETA TESTER, I was around during patch 0.07 (during the "Dark Ages/Pre-GameGuard" of gMS) my account has been around since then.
Here's what i look like over at Bera:
i broke the news about the anime on MapleTip (MapleStory fansite), and ToonZone was the first site that the news broke out (Shouts to calimike over at TZ for breaking the news over there first)
better keep an eye on the show now, and probibly, wait for the dub to show up...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
polished_soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quote
Wow.. I haven't played in a while, but i would like to see this "anime of MS" that they plan to come out with... I wonder if the characters be NXed out of their minds?

Maybe they'll have OC... and then Cameos of characters from other animes since they have characters like that in the real game...
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quote
I can't believe it. -.-" It's not a surprise though seeing as it's been here for a long time. I think I'll check it out when it comes and see if my love with it will be reborn. I quit because it was tedious having my friend come back every time when they want to play. But now my love belongs to <3Lunia, unfortunately the problems with the OB is annoying.

If some of you haven't checked it out already, here's a Death Note parody made with MapleStory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2