• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interest: List of Winter 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Aside from Wolverine nothing seems to appeal to me. But I've got a lot of shows from past seasons to catch up with so I don't think I'm going to have any trouble finding stuff to watch.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does the winter season usually suck?

Beelzebub: Probably the one I'm looking forward to the most, haven't read the manga, but it's Jump so yeah!

Cardfight!! Vandguard: Looks very generic, might have checked it out, but since there's Dragon Crisis(another card based anime that looks way better), I probably won't even preview this one.

Dragon Crisis: Just the fact that Ito-sensei is involved will make me check this out. His story/art are better than Takahashi-sensei's imo.

Fractale: Looks like a hit or miss to me, the vague description doesn't help. Art looks nice, could be something great....or not?

Freezing: Looks pretty b/a, at least art wise. But why is it the Fractale system?^?

GOSICK: Will definitely be watching this one. Read the first Light Novel a while back and loved it! But anything set in early twentieth century Europe catches my attention, so I may be a little biased.

Hourou Musuko: Trap?

Infinite Stratos: Break Blade anyone? It's mecha so I'll check it out, but the synopsis sounds like a total BB ripoff!!

KnT S2: Couldn't even get through the first couple eps of season one, won't even bother!

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Moe-Zombies....'nuff said!!!

Level E: Togashi-sensei...'nuff said!!!

Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica: As long as it's not just a bunch of loli-ecchi I'll probably watch this one. But I'm a sucker for Mahou Shoujo!

Mitsudomoe Zōryōchū!: First season was horrible, could only get through a few eps, won't even bother!

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! : And we all wonder why they're cracking down? Come on now, won't even take the chance of downloading/streaming as I might get arrested afterwards!! LOL

Rio - Rainbow Gate!: Just the fact that she's from gambling games, not to mention DoA character designs should make this some wonderful eye candy. Doesn't seem like it'll be much else though.

Wolverine: Just like Iron Man, I'll be waiting for the G4 dub!

Yumekui Merry: Hit or miss, will at least watch ep 1.

Not on ANN's list...

Haiyoru! Nyarlko: Remember My Love(Craft-sensei): Already watching, just wish it wasn't all flash!

Starry Sky: Will not be watching, seeing as how I have a penis, and I use it the right way!

Suite Precure: Maybe if I ever get that far, still trying to finish the first series.

OVAs...

Only gonna put the ones I'll be watching...

Supernatural: Never watched the American show, but I'll check it out, always willing to support collab shows.

Koisento: You had me at Sunrise!

Tailenders: You had me at T-Rex on Rollerblades!

And, that pretty much sums it up, overall looks like a pretty crappy season, but hopefully a few gems will shine through!

Urahara Out!!
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
You know, each time I see people mention "trap" with Hourou Musuko, I die a little on the inside.
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Why? You can instantly pinpoint their generation. Like in the new Call of Duty. There are pokeballs everywhere, thus telling me the age range I'm playing against. It's sad.

I can't wait for Freezing. I want more Queen's Blade type action, and this looks like it's going to be good.

Hourou Musuko Why are there stories like this? Are they really pushing the envelope that much. Or does the new generation love controversial over conventional? Better than Moe I guess.

It looked like GOSICK is the most demanded. Bones always animates really well.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'll have you know I'm 26, and sorry to me the description made it sound like Trap!
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote
It's o.k.; I was just being snarky.
fire_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Other forums seem to confirm some crunchyroll simulcasts as being

Beelzebub
Cardfight!! Vanguard
Dragon Crisis!
Gosick
Hourou Musuko
Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Level E
Rio - Rainbow Gate
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
fire_ wrote:
Other forums seem to confirm some crunchyroll simulcasts as being

Beelzebub
Cardfight!! Vanguard
Dragon Crisis!
Gosick
Hourou Musuko
Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Level E
Rio - Rainbow Gate

Some of those are based on very uncertain methods, and are far from "confirmed." At this point it's just speculation.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Some of those are based on very uncertain methods, and are far from "confirmed." At this point it's just speculation.
Precisely. There is a big stretch between "plausible story" and "confirmed". Its all tea leaf reading until announcements start to be made.

We've got the tease from Rob Pereyda, but with the caveat that there is no Crunchyroll stream on one of the preview pages on the UK site ... but different assumptions lead to different conclusions.

The biggest assumption is whether the two shows that are subscription only in the UK are NipponTV shows (Yumeiro was a NipponTV/Shueisha series that was one of the few series that was not available in the UK) ...

... or TBS, which following its first experience with simulcast streaming when Gonzo uploaded Linebarrels of Iron to Crunchyroll, has not had an actual simulcast of any series it premiered.

Assume TBS premiers are out takes out Infinite Stratos and Merry, assume that the unusual UK subscriber-only restriction is part of a deal with TBS (or, perhaps, the merchandiser in the production committee), by definition rules them in. And then the two different assumptions lead down different paths.

All of which is why its such a good tease.
llamaben

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I was the one who first posted that list, and I've only posted it in 2 places. While they are definitely not confirmed, I wouldn't exactly call the methods to be "uncertain."

The good old Document not found trick (which works on all of that list) always used to work. However, it seems that since my first viewing, it no longer works for Wandering Son.

In addition to that, Beelzebub and Gosick had Publishers listed as "fans" on certain CR pages.

Level E has a character page which lists "Publisher: TV Tokyo". Rio also has one which lists "Publisher: PONY INC."

Wandering Son has a full cast of characters with images in CR's simulcast style, and a feature which can not be added by normal users.

Also, if you wander into the realm of speculation...
Gosick and Kore wa Zombie desu ka? are Kadokawa titles.
Level E and Cardfight!! Vanguard are TV Tokyo titles.
Beelzebub and Dragon Crisis are YTV titles.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
llamaben wrote:
Wandering Son has a full cast of characters with images in CR's simulcast style, and a feature which can not be added by normal users.
Is that the manga page? That was uploaded by shinji 12 days ago, and I presume that shinji can add features that can't be added by normal users.

Quote:
Also, if you wander into the realm of speculation...
Gosick and Kore wa Zombie desu ka? are Kadokawa titles.
Level E and Cardfight!! Vanguard are TV Tokyo titles.
Beelzebub and Dragon Crisis are YTV titles.
Beelzebub is on the chart as an NipponTV series, with both YTV and NTV listed as broadcasters at ANN, Dragon Crisis is listed on the chart as a ChibaTV series, with YTV (and several others) listed as broadcasting on the same date at ANN.
llamaben

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
llamaben wrote:
Is that the manga page? That was uploaded by shinji 12 days ago, and I presume that shinji can add features that can't be added by normal users.
There doesn't seem to be a manga/anime page for it, however the characters appear when you search for "Wandering Son". Those pictures are also from the official site, however on the official site they are tagged around the legs. The ones on these pages are raw...

Quote:
Beelzebub is on the chart as an NipponTV series, with both YTV and NTV listed as broadcasters at ANN, Dragon Crisis is listed on the chart as a ChibaTV series, with YTV (and several others) listed as broadcasting on the same date at ANN.
I only noticed this last night, but Beelzebub and Dragon Crisis are listed in YTV's program catalog. http://www.ytv.co.jp/english/program.php?s_cate=Animation
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
llamaben wrote:
agila61 wrote:
llamaben wrote:
There doesn't seem to be a manga/anime page for it, however the characters appear when you search for "Wandering Son". Those pictures are also from the official site, however on the official site they are tagged around the legs. The ones on these pages are raw...

Click through the main character. manga page, added by Shinji based on Wikipedia entry.

Quote:
Quote:
I only noticed this last night, but Beelzebub and Dragon Crisis are listed in YTV's program catalog. http://www.ytv.co.jp/english/program.php?s_cate=Animation
Well, there you go. So far, the shows that YTV has uploaded (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu and its sequel and the Tono to Issho shorts) have been available in the UK. If they are the ones licensing the rights to Beelzebub and Dragon Crisis, the analogy to Yumeiro might not hold.
llamaben

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Click through the main character. manga page, added by Shinji based on Wikipedia entry.
Ah that. That's just random stuff copied straight from wikipedia whenever a new page is created. Also, Shinji is listed as the creator for every page, even for ones publishers create.

Take a look at the nonsense that appears on this official character page

That hardly means that it's for a manga entry, plus it has the official anime artwork... It wouldn't make any sense if a fan added it, as not only would it be impossible to get the 2 pictures, but why would a normal fan add all those characters with edited official pictures while adding copyrights...? Especially when there isn't even a page for the anime.

However, the removal of the page which appeared to users as "document not found" makes me wonder...

Edit: I have found the "document not found" page for it, under a different name.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
If Crunchyroll gets one of the noitaminA series, that would be a surprise. I wonder whether that would that be as a shared simulcast or an exclusive.

einhorn303 wrote:
Also, to elaborate on the "page not found" ~ its been observed that in the run-up to an announcement, pages would disappear, to be replaced by official publisher pages, and then further on that searching for titles that there was speculation about, even if a page did not exist, the status that was returned changed in the run-up to its introduction.

Now, its still not 100% confirmation ~ IOW, patterns like that are reliable until they aren't ~ but the odds are high that a number of titles on the list are presently having their simulcast pages getting set up in preparation for an announcement that they will be streaming at Crunchyroll.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14