• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
Lol, no. You'll find me on page 29, or click my www link below the post.

No worries about that. I recall reading your introduction like 1 year ago. I also remember your hairy yourself in dah pictures. Razz
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I like to assess new posters for their potential willingess/ability to lend me money.

A little bit late... but, where do I start "donating"? I have 2 pennies, 1 dime, a quarter, a McDonald's coupon* - Buy 1 Get 1 free for any McCafe beverage - and some lint. The coupon also has a $1 off for Fruit & Maple Oatmeal. So, where do I mail it to? You have to mail me a stamp and envelope as well... I don't have any of those at home.

*Coupon's available till 4/14/11, valid only at participating U.S. McDonald's restaurants in Metro and Souther Hudson River Valley, NY area; Northern and Central NJ; and Fairfield County, CT. - Reads on -...

Ok, I can't give you the coupon, but you can have the 37 cents, and lint.
Speedy Cerviche

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Well...
Male
Dislikes: School
Favorite Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats
Favorite Manga: Cardcaptor Sakura
Favorite Game: Kyatto Ninden Teyandee
Favorite TV Shows\Movies: Meh.
Favorite Drink: Water
Bedhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
Sex: Male

Blood Type: A Positive

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Too many to list, just know I've got pale skin and burn easily. So I wear SPF 110 when out in the sun, and that this is one of the reasons I chose to live in Seattle.

Religion: Spiritual, but eyeing Buddhism. I just don't beleive in a god.

Pets: One Dachshund :3

Drink/Smoke: Social Drinker, but rarely. Non-Smoker, usually. I have periods in time where I just don't care enough not to smoke and smoke a Djarum Black.

Likes: Stargazing, Anime, Music, Guitar, Piano, Deejaying, Mixing, Computers, Singing, Silence, Meditation, Happiness, etc...The smaller things in life Very Happy

Dislikes: Crowded spaces, annoying people, and not being able to escape away from people. I need alone time.

Favorite anime: Serial Experiments: Lain; Darker Than Black; Ergo Proxy; Dragon Ball Z

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I haven't read Mangas in a while, since I was in Junior High. Last ones I sat down to enjoy was Chobits and Ranma.

Favorite Books: Philip Pullman, Jane Yolen, Dan Brown

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VII

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I honestly couldn't tell you. I don't watch movies and TV much. Tron is good, and the Twilight series. Those are probably the best movies I've seen in the last 6 months, since I've been out of the country since November.

Favorite Drink: I don't really like alcohol Razz

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Alo, Juice, Tea, Water

Favorite Foods: Musubi, Yakisoba, Caesar Salad, Tofu, Sushi

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Kotaku, Engadget, Wired, Ebay, Amazon, Facebook, and various computer security websites that cannot be mentioned.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Parkour

Favorite Sport (to play): Snowboarding and Parkour

Favorite Music: Varies from time to time, but I like almost everything.

Job: Naval Computer Geek

Hobbies: Photography, Martial Arts, Computer stuff, Snowboarding, Swimming at night, Stargazing, Parkour

Fun facts about Bedhead:
Is *trying* to maintain a vegan lifestyle.
Is very honest, even in person, and it tends to cause him problems.
i.e. Last person he dated, he broke up with them after 9 days because they were annoying and he told them the reason for breaking up with them was because that person was annoying.
Then that person hooked up with his older brother...
Has a tendency to have interest in some things for a while, but gets distracted between things he has strong interest in.

Favorite Quotes:
"I will write peace on your wings and you will fly all over the world."
- Sadako Sasaki

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."
- Albert Einstein

"Every time [some software engineer] says, 'Nobody will go through the
trouble of doing that,' there's some kid in Finland who will go through
the trouble."

- Alex Mayfield

"People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is a
justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we
should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this
has also been done since the earliest of times."

- Isaac Singer

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the
good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

- Mahatma Gandhi

"To understand everything is to forgive everything."
- The Buddha

Pictures: On my facebook, I'll add some later.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Bedhead wrote:
"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."
- Albert Einstein

Or discovering internet forums, whichever comes first.

Bedhead wrote:
"To understand everything is to forgive everything."
- The Buddha

The Buddha obviously never met an internet troll. Pity, really -- it would be interesting to see how long his forgiveness lasted as a forum moderator.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirema

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, guess I'll take a stab at this.

Name: Tim Collins

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Completely forget, I feel like not knowing this is bad...

Ethnicity: As far as I know I'm half Italian and half Irish

Religion: Catholic, though I can't say I'm a very religious individual.

Pets: Don't have any at the moment, but I'd love to get a cat at some point.

Drink or Smoke: I love me some alcohol, preferably beer, but that doesn't mean I'm gunna say no to the hard stuff Laughing . I can't stand people smoking and having asthma is definitely a big part of the reason for that.

What I Like: Gaming, Running, Drinking, Cars(or anything I can go very fast in), Anime(of course), Horror Flicks

What I Dislike: Smokers, People who play their music to loud when I'm working, People who fly by in their junk heap of a car blasting their music... only I'm allowed to do that Laughing

Favorite Anime: Man, this is a hard one, lets see, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Blue Gender, Fate/Stay Night, Gunslinger Girl, Gundam 08th and War in the Pocket, Martian Successor Nadesico, Evangelion, Slayers(everything), Tenchi Muyo and Universe, Higurashi and the list just goes on.

Favorite Manga(Light Novels): Well, I only own some Fairy tail and Negima manga and I'm enjoying them very much right now. I also have the first books for Spice and Wolf and The Melancholy Haruhi Suzumiya and enjoyed them both. Last but not least i have the 8 Slayers books that were released over here and loved all of them, just wish the rest had been brought over Sad .

Favorite Games: Oh boy, where to start, Counter-strike 1.5 and 1.6, not source, Battlefield 1942 and 2, Diablo 1,2 and the expansion, Half-Life 1 and 2, WoW(which i finally got myself to kick to the curb after 5 years, thank god), Dynasty Warriors original and Gundam, Final Fantasy, Valkyria Chronicles, BlazBlue, Gran Turismo and I guess I'll end it with Hyperdimension Neptunia, I just find this game hilarious.

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: Futurama, Family Guy, South Park, the horrible syfy movies since they're just so hilariously bad, tosh.0

Favorite Drink: Gunna have to say my good buddy Budweiser the King of Beers.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: I'd probably go with Coca Cola in the glass bottles, no soda can come close to the deliciousness of that taste.

Favorite Foods: Chicken, Chicken Stew, Chicken Chili, Meatballs made with Turkey/Pork. See, I'm allergic to beef so chicken tends to be a big part of my diet Laughing .

Favorite Sites: ANN, Youtube, Amazon, ebay, newegg, gamespot

Favorite Sports to Watch: Football, Baseball, Racing, Soccer

Favorite Sports to Play: Soccer, Football, Racing(I wish)

Favorite Music: I'm all over the place when it comes to music, though I can't stand rap, country or hip-hop for some reason.

Job: Lowly grunt at an Engineering Company, pays the bills!

Possible fun facts about me:
I tore my acl back in high school and now feel like an old man whenever the seasons change due to my knee acting up.
I have numerous nicknames including Old Navy and Nutmeg to name a few.
One year I discovered my car can run under water for a short period of time(and I mean very short Laughing )

Pictures: I'll have to dig up a few and post them some other time.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
FateProxy wrote:
What I Dislike: Smokers

It... it's not like I like you either. You should, at the very least, be grateful that I don't hate you.

Things egoist dislikes: People who dislike smokers by default.
Kirema

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
FateProxy wrote:
What I Dislike: Smokers

It... it's not like I like you either. You should, at the very least, be grateful that I don't hate you.

Things egoist dislikes: People who dislike smokers by default.

Hmm, I guess I shouldn't say that I dislike smokers, but instead dislike the smoke produced through the act of smoking and that smoking is more of a turn off if anything for me. I guess that would better describe how I feel about. Hell, if I disliked smokers I'd probably be on bad terms with half my family now that I think about it lol.
Listeria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Sex: Female

Blood Type: AB+

Marital Status: Married

Ethnicity: Filipino

Religion: Methodist
Pets: Angelina, red-eared slider turtle

Drink or Smoke: Social drinker but never smoked

What I Like: romance novels, choral singing or solo, watching anime (catching up!), shopping!!!

What I Dislike: Liars, people who play their music loud in their car with their window down (I keep my window up you see Wink )

Favorite Anime: (sigh) This is hard...well...Voltes V, Daimos, Romeo x Juliet, Ghost Hunt...I'm still catching up after a long hiatus...

Favorite Games: I have a Wii system so the Wii Sports and Wii Sport Resort are my favorites but when I had the 1st Sony Playstation I used to play Final Fantasy (I forgot which one though...)

Favorite Drink: Not a beer drinker nor do I go for hard liquor. I have red wine here and there

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Hmmm, this is hard...milk?

Favorite Foods: Anything chicken

Favorite Sites: ANN, Youtube, Amazon, Facebook, Rightstuf.com

Favorite Music: I have varied tastes. Right now I'm listening to the full opening song of Full Metal Panic: the Second Raid and I have Christian songs mostly on my music files but I also have several pop artists too.

Possible fun facts about me:
Uhh, I'm at a loss on this one...What's fun about me? Dunno
Valamist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone! Embarassed

Sex: Male (I think)

Blood Type: O+

Ethnicity: British

Religion: Atheist. I like to believe that all life in this universe was created out of a random accident billions of years ago. It makes all things kind of beautiful I feel. Saying that, I do like to believe in the supernatural and in things we cannot, I just dont think there is a God or creator as such.

Pets
: Nine Tarantulas of varying species (Rose, Spooky Coconut, Doris, Troughton, Hairy Dalek, Nugget, Nancy, Orihime, Darth Vegan) Five Snakes (Two Corns, Torchwood and Scyther. Two Boas, Sugar & Spice and one Hognose, Tachikoma) A Cat (Dink) Three Ferrets, Four Rabbits (Bubble, Squeak, Pie/Archimedes, Henry) A Cockatiel (Bart) and a lot of Stick Insects…

Drink/Smoke: Take the odd cigarette puff but nothing serious. I used to drink a bit my youth at the odd social occasion but now I rarely touch the stuff. Seriously, all but Cider seems to taste awful to me…

Like: TV, Anime, games, Films, Books, Writing, the odd bit of Game Workshop painting, looking after my animals, sleeping, eating, drinking.

Dislikes: People who are vain, spiteful, and selfish and don’t even try to be optimistic about the world. Those who are still prejudice against homosexuality and expressing one’s self or beliefs, or people who discriminate against a person race and I also don’t like people who cannot understand a person’s privet space, I do like my alone time.

Favourite Anime: Death Note (Best thing ever!) Ghost in the Shell, Elfen lied, Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Noein, Bleach, Naruto, Soul Eater, Romeo X Juliet, Burst Angel, Witchblade, Moon Phase, Dragon Ball Z (It’s what got me in to this wonderful world of anime! Wish they would release the DVDs over here…) and so many others...

Thinking about it there are very few Animes that I have watched that I could not call my favourites, but these are my big favourites I guess.

Favourite Manga: The only manga I really have is the Death note books. Can’t say I am that in to Manga, to me there is no way they can equal animes but maybe I should read more.

Favourite Books: His Dark Materials, The Mistborn Trilogy, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, H.P. Lovecraft to name a few.

Favourite Games: I am an avid World of Warcraft player, I am addicted to RPGS though my favourites including Dragon Age: Origins & II, The Final Fantasy series (IX is my favourite) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and the Pokémon games. Also really enjoy horror games such as the Resident Evil series and my favourite game of all time Haunting Ground (This was back when horror games were more than just slightly gory shooters…) I do enjoy many other types of games, such as the Half Life games, Tomb Raider, Mario and the Metal gear series.

Favourite TV Shows: Big fan of Doctor Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The X Files, Last of the Summer Wine, Only Fools and Horses, Keeping Up Appearances, Twin Peaks, Farscape, Costume Dramas (Like Bleak House, Upstairs, Downstairs and Downtown Abby) Lost, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, The Simpsons, American Dad, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Reboot and many others.

Favourite Movies: So many to pick from… let’s just say I love all genres but my favourites include The Star War films (Yes, all of them!), Animations (Animes of course, but I do enjoy Disney and Pixar's films very much) Musicals such as Fiddler on the Roof and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Horrors (Let the Right One In is currently my favourite film) the odd Romance and a good comedy from time to time (Airplane! Is the king in that department!)

Favourite Drink: The only one I could just about drink would be Cider.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Can’t go wrong with Milkshakes I think Very Happy

Favourite Foods: Lately I have gained an addiction for all this cheese related but I also love beans, Potato’s, Vegetables in general, and Pizza.

Favourite Sites: Gallifrey Base, Crunchy Roll, YouTube, BBC News, Amazon, MMO Champion and various other sites.

Favourite Sports to Watch/Play: Not a sports person, the only one I enjoy doing is swimming and I never watch any sport on TV. They just seem very mind numbing…

Favourite Music: I like a bit of everything (Except Country… stay away from me!) though lately I have been expanding my love for classic music a lot more than anything else.

Fun Facts about me:

My left leg is around an inch or so smaller then my left due to a hip operation when I was younger.

I am an avid blood donor and so far have given blood 13 times so far.

Favourite Quotes:

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”
The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who.

I try to live my life by that quote Anime smile
Pink Bismuth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote
Hello all, guess I'll be polite and take stab at this.
Name: Julia or Pink Bismuth here.

Blood Type: A Positive

Ethnicity: Er... I'm not entirely sure, lets just go with American.

Religion: Atheist, though I used to be a Roman Catholic before that.

Pets: I have a cat named Runt, named so due to her being the runt of the litter.

Drink/Smoke: Nope don't drink or smoke, just boring that way.

Likes: Watching Anime, reading manga (or just about anything, definitely a big reader), baking, making paper mache artwork (or in other words I like to make Halloween decorations out of paper mache), horror movies.

Dislikes: Sports (specifically when I have to participate in them), reality TV, er... Nazis? Okay I can't think of anything else.

Favorite anime: It's difficult to pick amongst favorites but I'd say a few would be: Black Lagoon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball/DBZ (the first anime I ever saw, to this day I love it.), Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (the series up until Rei because that was just filler), Skip Beat, Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Skip Beat (even better then the anime), Gokusen (love it like crazy), Yankee-kun to Megan-chan, Black Lagoon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, From Far Away, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Warau Kanoko-sama, Hellsing, Beauty Pop and the list could go on and on so I'll end here.

Favorite Books: Pride and Prejudice, World War Z, Jurassic Park, The Harry Potter series (what can I say I grew up with the those books), The Anne of Green Gables Series, basically anything by Edgar Allen Poe (I'm disturbingly obsessed with his writing), H.P. Lovecraft.

Favorite game: Not much of a game player (much to my gamer brother's dismay) though I have played pretty much every Pokemon game that's ever come out since I was old enough to play it. I've played a game named Amplitude with an avid and most likely unhealthy obsession before beating it. Played the Kingdom Hearts games too. Oh and Phoenix Wright, I played Phoenix Wight like crazy.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I like watching Law and Order (the original and SVU), Bones, House, Gilmore Girls, Dexter, Breaking Bad (my most favorite TV show ever), Chopped (and an assortment of other cooking type shows), Kill Bill, A Nightmare on Elm Street (but mostly only the first and last one), Halloween (only the first original one), Trick r Treat, Con Air (I've no idea why I like this movie I just do), Back the the Future, Brain Dead, Evil Dead, Wiseguy.

Favorite Drink: Coca-cola original recipe

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Again Cocoa-cola original.

Favorite Foods: Dessert foods in general are my favorite (my love of baking may influence that though). I used to love Pizza but I have a stomach condition that prevents me from eating it anymore and really something that gives you crippling pain no matter how delicious just can't be a favorites contender. I think oranges and no yolk egg noodles are rather high on my favorites though.

Favorite Sites: I suppose AllRecipes.com would be a favorite.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Not really interested in sports, though I did enjoy watching a figure skating competition once if that counts.

Favorite Sport (to play): Don't like to play sports but I must admit to enjoying badminton (if that counts as a sport).

Favorite Music: I have rather eclectic tastes in music but a few particular favorites of mine would have to be classical, Nerd-core rap, Horror-core pop/rock/punk, Synth pop, Ska, Jazz, Punk, and Big band type music.

Job: A student currently, though I plan to pursue a career in baking.

Hobbies: I make paper mache sculptures (mostly Halloween decorations). I also bake (it's my favorite hobby) and Read.

Fun facts about me:
I like to dye my hair odd colors off and on, my favorite being bright fuchsia.
I don't eat sandwiches, something about the odd combination of bread, lettuce, meat, cheese, excreta bothers me.
I have an abnormal fear of vacuum cleaners (I'm not joking, though I rather wish I was.)
I'm rather clumsy and I color coordinate and label just about all of my belongs.

Favorite Quotes:
"I like not being dead. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake. My undead cake of livingness." - Jhonen Vasquez-

"It must be nice to still have the opportunity to save the cohesion of your pretty mind. The best some people can hope for is to better manage their damage." -Johnny from JTHM by Jhonen Vasquez-

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe-

If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Pictures:
Don't have any current ones at this time.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
Pink Bismuth wrote:

This may come as odd, but what part of PA do you live in? I don't think there are too many from PA here in the forums (me being one of them).

Don't worry I am going to stalk you or anything it is more out of curiosity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pink Bismuth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Pink Bismuth wrote:

This may come as odd, but what part of PA do you live in? I don't think there are too many from PA here in the forums (me being one of them).

Lol, well if you promise not to stalk me I'll specify (not that I'd be a terribly interesting person to stalk in the first place). I live in Northwest PA, in one of the many tiny towns of Crawford County specifically. How about yourself?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
Pink Bismuth wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Pink Bismuth wrote:

Lol, well if you promise not to stalk me I'll specify (not that I'd be a terribly interesting person to stalk in the first place). I live in Northwest PA, in one of the many tiny towns of Crawford County specifically. How about yourself?

South Central PA for me, small town about 10 minutes west of Harrisburg.

I meant to say not stalk you. If even if you lived near me I wouldn't do so.
Skidaruzutall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Hello ANN! I’ve been reading the forums here for over 2 years. I joined back in May 2009 and only posted once and that was to answer an anime quote for the guessing game. I figured I would start with an introduction before making an attempt to post more than once every 2 years. Sorry my intro is so long. It's just that I always have a lot to say.

Name: My name is Megan, but most people shorten it to Meg or sometimes even mistakenly call me Maggie. My coworkers call me Megabyte.

Blood Type: O negative

Location: Another from Pennsylvania! I’ve lived here all my life and can’t imagine moving anywhere else.

Marital Status: Single, not really looking. I don’t like having to consider anyone other than myself when making plans.

Pets: I have two pets. The one, Lucy, is the family cat who dislikes me and doesn’t hesitate to show it. She enjoys torturing me, especially in the mornings. I’ll wake up choking on fur because my face is her preferred resting spot. I can almost see the disappointed look on her face when she realizes that I’ll live to see another day.

My other pet, Spot, is an 18 year old corn snake. My mom got him when I was a Brownie in Girl Scouts (I was about 8 years old at the time). He was about the size of a #2 pencil; at 18 years of age, he’s now around 6 feet long. He’s incredibly gentle and is considered a member of the family. His favorite resting spot is inside the shirt of whoever is holding him at the time.

Drink/Smoke: I have one random drink a year, and that’s at my company’s Christmas party. This year, my coworker talked me into trying a Sex on the Beach. I’ve always liked those peach gummy rings, and this drink tasted exactly like one.

I used to be a heavy smoker. I started young, and by the time I was 23, I was smoking at least a pack a day, more on the weekends. As of March 13th this year, I’ve been smoke free for two years.

Likes: My friend Nessa. She’s been there for me since we were both in middle school and is the only one outside my immediate family that has ever seen me cry.

My other likes include: the sound of my fingers hitting my keyboard, roller coasters and theme parks in general, the smell and heat of a campfire, going to new restaurants, going to the zoo or the aquarium, pretty feet, thunderstorms, hugs, older couples that have been married for 20+ years, and hot showers on winter days.

Dislikes: Poor customer service. I’m appalled at the lack of friendliness and the attitude of most of the people trying to help me. I’m not an annoyance, but someone who helps make up your paycheck. Without customers, you wouldn’t have a job. So stop trying to avoid eye contact and greet me.

People with dirty fingernails bother me. I sit at a counter, and usually the first thing I see of my customers is their hands. If your nails are nasty, I’m betting the rest of you is too. This is why I don’t let you use my pen, even when you reach for it and are embarrassed when I pull it out of reach.

People who respond to my “May I help you?” with “I’m beyond help!” You might think you’re funny, but you’re not. I’ll still laugh like you made a grand joke, but on the inside I hope there’s an issue with your paperwork that makes me unable to process.

I dislike highways. It’s not that I mind driving. On Sundays, when the weather is nice, I enjoy taking a drive on back roads down to the river about an hour or so away. But highways are another story. Merging makes me nervous, especially on I-83, and keeping with traffic while avoiding the other cars trying to merge really stresses me.

Love triangles. Someone is always left alone at the end.

Other dislikes include the feel of newspaper and cardboard, the sound of Styrofoam, the sound of chalk on a board, itchy bug bites, gum, pot holes (I try to dodge but drive my poor car into them instead), parents who can’t control their children, cheaters, and people who cross the street without looking both ways first.

Favorite anime: I’ve never been able to pick just one, so here’s a list of my favorites: Beck, RahXephon, His and Her Circumstances, Whisper of the Heart, Eureka Seven, Last Exile, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Spirited Away, Lovely Complex, Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Itazura Na Kiss, Junjou Romantica, and Samurai Champloo.

Favorite Manga: The local library doesn’t have much, so I’ve only read a few. What I have read, Kare Kano and Fruits Basket, I didn’t really enjoy much. I like the stories, but I was never one for words and pictures. I like to put my own images to books that I read. If these were novels, I’d have liked them better.

Favorite Books: Right now I’m working through Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series for the third time. I’m on the sixth book and it’s just as good as I’ve remembered. I also enjoy romance, especially books written by Betty Neels, Julia Quinn, Julie Garwood, Elizabeth Lowell, and others.

Favorite game: I don’t have a favorite game, but the ones I’ve enjoyed are: Final Fantasy IX, X, and XIII, Grandia I and II, Lunar: Silver Star Story, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Breath of Fire III and IV, all the Spyro, Odd World, and Sonic games, Lemmings, Kingdom Hearts I and II, Fat Princess, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Guitar Hero. I used to play Final Fantasy XI about 6 hours every day until I quit a year ago.

Favorite TV shows: Merlin, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Firefly, Farscape, Dead Like Me, Law and Order the original, SVU, and Criminal Intent, CSI, Criminal Minds, Scrubs, 1000 Ways to Die, and World’s Dumbest Criminals.

Favorite Movies: Zombie flicks, Jet Li flicks, almost anything Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks, The Departed, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Bourne Trilogy, The Guyver 1 & 2, Stardust, and the Chronicles of Riddick.

Favorite Drink: Fountain cherry coke or the cherry coke made with the grenadine juice. The two of those taste better than canned or bottled any day.

Favorite Foods: I wish I could say a nice healthy salad, but that’s probably my least favorite food right beside Spaghetti. My favorite would have to be a toss-up between a medium rare steak or fall off the bone pork ribs. With Chili’s, Bill Bateman’s, and Texas Roadhouse, and my dad’s grill chef cooking skills, I can always eat a good steak or ribs.

Favorite Sites: I mostly frequent animenewsnetwork.com, mania.com, therightstuf.com, amazon.com, youtube.com, Wikipedia, and Netflix.

Favorite Sport (to watch): I don’t enjoy watching sports on the TV. I do like to go to the local baseball games though.

Favorite Sport (to play): Fishing? Or maybe bowling? I wouldn’t say I’m a pro at either one, but I do enjoy going out on our boat at 5 AM in the morning trying to catch dinner with my dad. It’s peaceful and I love the wind in my hair when we’re really moving. With bowling, I’m lucky to score even a 100, but it’s still fun. At our company bowling party this past Saturday, I beat my old high score with a new score of 118 (low for professionals, high for me).

Favorite Music: I’m willing to give anything a try. Right now, as I type this, I’m listening to Yanni.

Job: Title Clerk/Notary/Customer Service Rep for a tag and title agency. I’ve been at my job for almost 5 years, slowing working my way up in the company, and I’ve loved almost every second. The best part of my day truly is my customers, especially the older ones with stories to tell.

Hobbies: Reading, playing video games, bowling, going to the movies, collecting anime, going to the gym, going for long drives on the weekends, and spending time with my friends.

Random Facts About Megan:
I’m afraid of the dark. It’s not that I’m afraid of ghosts or monsters, I’m just worried about intruders, even though our house has never been broken into.

I can be very quiet when I first meet someone, but once I get to know you, it’s hard to get me to stop talking because I have so much to say. My dad always said I started with a mouth and the rest of me grew from there.

I’m terrified of spiders. Arachnophobia started my fear, and that fear hasn’t left me since viewing the movie. When I see a spider in the house, I do the spider dance while screaming for help.

My guilty pleasure is America’s Next Top Model. I enjoy watching the photo shoots and seeing these women turned from ordinary to stunning. I quickly change the channel if someone is coming though. Just because I like the show doesn’t mean I want to be caught watching it.

I have never owned a hair dryer. I go to bed every night with my hair wet and have rarely caught a cold.

I adore pigs but that doesn’t stop me from eating them. I do collect pig memorabilia, including but not limited to, piggy banks, necklaces, socks, slippers, pajamas, singing candy dispensers, glass figurines, stuffed animals, and body wash.

I have had nightmares about tornados ever since we had a close call a few years back. I was at work and our front doors were torn off the hinges and had a few trees and telephone poles snap. I have never been so scared in all my life.

I have recently discovered a liking for Bingo. I went to a charity bingo with some girls from work the other weekend and had more fun than I would have thought possible. It was a Longaberger basket bingo, which was intense. I was on the edge of my seat during each of the 20 games, hoping that the number I needed would be called. I won the 19th game and my first Longaberger basket. I also won a raffle, a door prize, and $20 from the 13 Jar. Since then, I’ve been scouring the merchandiser looking for more games.

Favorite Quotes:
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~Alphonse Kerr

The photo I had before was really dark so I'm replacing it with two recent pictures taken on Cinco De Mayo at work. I was kinda caught off guard in the first picture. The girl I work with decided it would be a good idea to put the chili pepper necklace she was wearing in my ear while I was trying to pose.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/UngreasedTeflon/Megan1-1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/UngreasedTeflon/Megan2.jpg

This next picture is of my snake being held by my neighbor’s daughter.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/Skidaruzutall/IMG017.jpg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 126 of 233