• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roshi1030

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Very cool and much appreciated; thanks for the comfort zone, as I stated in my intro there is a certain degree of trepidation due to my lack of exposure. I haven't had much time to view other post topics; but I will, once again thanks.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Sigh. I'd love to pretend that Sano and egoist were complimenting me on my refreshingly youthful outlook, but I think we all know that they are actually referring to my rampant immaturity. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
That's a compliment yeah. Don't know many people your age who is open minded enough to have a fun conversation with simple jokes and perverted remarks. Wink

Sure, you go overboard sometimes. But then again, we all do. Laughing

By the way, you're 4 years younger than my mum. Can I call you daddy from now on, daddy?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote
That depends. Is your Mum hot? More importantly, is she rich?
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sigh. I'd love to pretend that Sano and egoist were complimenting me on my refreshingly youthful outlook, but I think we all know that they are actually referring to my rampant immaturity. Wink
Hell, if it makes you feel any better, we can say we were talkin' about both. Wink

Far as I'm concerned, you're coolest 40-something guy that I've never actually met that I've ever met. Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That depends. Is your Mum hot? More importantly, is she rich?

Hot? Doubt it. But she's married. Not sure if she's rich because I never asked her. I'm not the type who asks for gifts, you see, I'd rather grab it myself with my own efforts because that's how I've been educated. But she's definitely financially secure for the rest of her life. Laughing
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Just occured to me that we derailed the f**k out of an Introduction thread.

What's next, we goin' to Disney World? Laughing
Roshi1030

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
You did not derail the thread; just took the scenic route.
As for Disney World forget that; if I had the money for that kind of a trip it would be better spent on a weekend kegger and BBQ.
Message received there are plenty of "seasoned" individuals who left maturity behind for living life as it should be.
Blood your description of being the resident grey beard is great; I'll use resident fossil (because fossil has intrinsic & historical value)
By the way I use Roshi due to the fact I am the oldest worker in my crew one of which is/was a DBZ fan; i keep my hair buzzed and my beard happends to be mostly white. 1030 is my birthday
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Can I call you daddy from now on, daddy?

Nah, I say we should call him Otou-san (whatever prefix it was), just because we love Japan so much. We need a kaa-san.

Speaking of you "oldies" here, I don't believe there are many teenagers who visit (or frequent) this forum. Am I foreveralone? Am I? Teenagers, doko ni?! Then again, this forum is seemingly too mature for teenagers or the intelligence seems like that. Maybe I need to seek more companions in the Talkback section. I do know that there are many of you 20-ish year olds here.

I think I might write up a new introduction for myself since my first and only one kinda sucked.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Roshi1030 wrote:
You did not derail the thread; just took the scenic route.
As for Disney World forget that; if I had the money for that kind of a trip it would be better spent on a weekend kegger and BBQ.
I like this guy already. Laughing

Welcome, man. Cool

EmbraceMe wrote:

Speaking of you "oldies" here, I don't believe there are many teenagers who visit (or frequent) this forum.
I've got one more month of teen life before I get legal. Laughing
Roshi1030

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke; legal is cool, kudos Razz
At the risk of sounding like an old man; never forget that inner child.
Be responsible when you have to; the rest is open season.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Just occured to me that we derailed the f**k out of an Introduction thread.

What's next, we goin' to Disney World? Laughing

Sano, you've just won the Super Bowl! What are you going to do now?
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quote
Roshi1030 wrote:
Sanosuke; legal is cool, kudos Razz
At the risk of sounding like an old man; never forget that inner child.
Be responsible when you have to; the rest is open season.
I'll keep that in mind. Shouldn't be too hard for me--I'm already told all the time that I'm hella too immature for my age, shockingly enough. Laughing

Nosferatu21 wrote:
Sano, you've just won the Super Bowl! What are you going to do now?
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?!Mr. GreenTwisted Evil
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Guess I'll reintroduce myself with some more detail now although I'll still be using the first post as basis for it.

Name: A Chinese name that I am sometimes embarrassed of letting people on the internet know. I've been the target of jokes back in elementary school because of my name, but I've grown to not care as much anymore. With the group of internet buddies I play games with, I go by the name Jeff, so you guys may call me that but I honestly don't care about names.

Sex: Male, I apologize to the several female seeking members here.

Blood Type: I have not the slightest idea nor do I care.

Marital Status: Single, I have thought of times of "getting" a girlfriend but who needs them when you can have unlimited 2D waifus.

Age: I turned 17 in May or so I was told. I apparently have no idea of my "true" birthday because my parents celebrate it on different dates than the one I have on my IDs.

Ethnicity: Chinese, I thought I was alone here but in some thread I found out there were 2 more.

Religion: Agnostic I guess. There are times I "believe" in "God" but that's for hoping something to happen.

Pets: One bastard Shih Tzu. He bit me on my finger a few days ago when I tried to put a dog shirt on him. He never follows me around and I even feed him. What a little rascal.

Drink/Smoke: Neither, though I'd like to try some liquor once. I semi-hate smokers - Only if they smoke near me though because I hate the fumes coming from cigars. I'm fine with people smoking as long as it's away from me.

Dislikes: Idiocy unless it's for comedic purposes. I don't really know myself that well so I barely have an ideas.

Favorite anime: Err.... I had favorite animes but I've forgotten what they are. Lets just say I like "dark" and "deep" anime.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I barely read manga but there were a few I've enjoy immensely. Code: Breaker and Bloody Monday. There are several more that I can't remember now.

Favorite Books: Dracula, Fahrenheit 451, Frankenstein, Gathering Blue, The Giver, Messenger, and some more. I really enjoy dystopian novels so that will give whoever is reading this an idea about me.

Favorite game: I honestly haven't play many games since I don't own well known game stations like Playstation or Xbox. All I have is a DS and the only games compatible are my Pokemon games which I still play. I played several MMORPGs but I only really enjoyed two - CABAL Online and... RuneScape (Argh! The embarrassment of admitting this!) prior to the wilderness removal - I only quit a month ago.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Ah, television, I remember when I used to watch it often but now I don't watch it anymore, the same goes for cinema releases. Somehow, I've forgotten my favorites as well.

Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper as of now while watching Steins;Gate. No, I do not like bubble tea, but milk tea, on the other hand, I like very much.

Favorite Foods: Picky eater so I dunno.

Favorite Sites: Eh, ANN, and CrunchyRoll I guess. These are the two sites I frequent the most. I visit the CR anime forums mainly for Anime Motivational Posters and I've been messing around in Forum Games with egoist lately.

Favorite Sport: None, I see no entertainment in it Laughing

Favorite Music: Lots, so many to mention, but I'll give short genres: Screamo, Post-hardcore, metal. I do enjoy some "softer" music like anime OP's, ED's, and soundtracks.

Job: I should go get one... but there are none that interests me.

Hobbies: None besides strolling through various forums. The more I think of it... I actually do have some interest in poetry and music (lyrics) that I write my own. I don't want to post some because I would be embarrassed. I used to skateboard or I did for a month and then quit. I also have an interest in psychology so I intend to major in that.

Favorite Quotes: Don't any but one.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking only makes it so."

Extra Crap:

- I'm somewhat paranoid. I avoid any links or websites until I know it's safe and if I can't find any information, I take a risk. This fear came from going on too many illegal movie streaming sites and since then I've been careful about any kind of streaming site.

- I describe myself as cynical/pessimistic and apathetic but my persona online hides that fact. I don't know but I tend to be brighter here than in reality. I also believe I have mood swings because I tend to be an okayish mood to somewhat depress. I also think poorly of myself so I don't have any self esteem.

- Due to lack of imaginative thought and sudden mood change, I though about not posting this... but I did anyways.
Kjlb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Name: Krystal

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A+

Ethnicity: Hispanic

Religion: Christian

Pets: 3 dogs, 3 birds

Drink/Smoke: No/No

Dislikes: Being hungry with no food in the fridge, headaches

Favorite anime: Naruto, Lucky Star, Inuyasha, etc

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Hohzuki Island

Favorite Books: The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti

Favorite game: Spyro Year of the Dragon

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Jump Start/Spirited Away

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk

Favorite Foods: Bread, with some mayo.

Favorite Sites: google.com

Favorite Music: Anime soundtracks.

Job: College student

Hobbies: Drawing, writing.

Fun facts about Krysta:
*Will laugh at anything.
*Will eat anything.
*Will watch anything.
*Will read anything.
*Will try to stare at the ceiling light bulb.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 130 of 233