• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
But some grammar correction can be good, there are some member here that are god aweful. One person seems to write the first thing that comes off of their head, others seemed to write it off as a funny breakdown of an episode, but I am too nice to show that it annoyed me from the beggining. Also it is funny seeing some members with large egos get told off.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
-Starting in the fall, I'll be attending CSU as an art major with a minor in biomedical sciences, with the eventual goal of becoming a medical illustrator.

Your choosing an very interesting career.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
egoist--

You are neither an idiot nor an ignoramus; therefore I do believe that you are trying to provoke rheiders. I do not know whether to be amused or appalled! Rolling Eyes
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
What are you talking about? Cool

I'm just saying that profession is interesting. Like the lady from Bones, right?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
That was quick! Very Happy

I'm talking about about directing incorrect English to a self-described "grammar nazi"; and you knew perfectly damned well what I was referring to -- you can't play dumb with me! Laughing

EDIT:
I think I know what character you're talking about -- but you can stop feigning ignorance! Cool Laughing
rheiders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What are you talking about? Cool

I'm just saying that profession is interesting. Like the lady from Bones, right?

Well, I certainly find it interesting! Laughing I don't watch Bones, so unfortunately I don't know the character you're referring to. What does she do, specifically?
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
What does she do, specifically?

To quote wiki, since I'm never specific enough:
Quote:
She is a classically-trained artist involved in forensic reconstructions.

If you don't mind a little spoiler, there's one episode where she feels down about what she does and her boss explains it best to her,spoiler[ that she brings back to life what is already dead.]

Of course I'm not expecting the same exact thing though. Much less considering my knowledge in the medical field. Easier to just call everyone a doctor.
rheiders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

To quote wiki, since I'm never specific enough:
Quote:
She is a classically-trained artist involved in forensic reconstructions.

If you don't mind a little spoiler, there's one episode where she feels down about what she does and her boss explains it best to her,spoiler[ that she brings back to life what is already dead.]

Of course I'm not expecting the same exact thing though. Much less considering my knowledge in the medical field. Easier to just call everyone a doctor.

Well, that would be awesome. I've been meaning to look into that show for a while--maybe this is my excuse? Razz

I'm not that interesting, though--I'm more looking into drawing for textbooks and the like. (Which I personally think would be really cool, since there's actually a lot that goes into those illustrations, but it probably wouldn't make for very good TV! Laughing)
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

... spoiler[ that she brings back to life what is already dead.] ...

Can she bring back spoiler[Ed's mom]? Laughing

rheiders wrote:

Well, that would be awesome. I've been meaning to look into that show for a while--maybe this is my excuse? Razz

I used to watch the show every Thursday but I suddenly stopped. I think Egoist was referring to the title character whose nickname is Bones. She's a very intelligent person but cannot fully understand people - her only way of understanding them is through science if that makes any sense. She gradually becomes, for lack of a better word, more humanlike/normal.

It's a very fun show if you're into forensics. Maybe I should catch up with the show.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Nah, I'm talking about the artist. Bones doesn't draw, she mostly puts bones together.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 am Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
[...]

I'm not that interesting, though--I'm more looking into drawing for textbooks and the like. (Which I personally think would be really cool, since there's actually a lot that goes into those illustrations, but it probably wouldn't make for very good TV! Laughing)

Just out of idle curiosity, have you researched the market demand for that field? Have you spoken/communicated with anyone working professionally in the field?*

*(and I do not mean college instructors)
archaron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I know I late to the party, but welcome to all the new faces out there.
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:

Just out of idle curiosity, have you researched the market demand for that field? Have you spoken/communicated with anyone working professionally in the field?*

Yes, and it's actually a growing field right now. No matter how advanced photography and the like become, it still isn't going to be as clean-cut and easy to understand as an illustration (at least not yet). Also, the low number of medical illustrators out there means the demand is fairly high. On top of that, there are many different areas which "medical illustration" encompasses, from illustrating for textbooks to forensic reconstruction (which I believe is what the character from Bones would fall under, though having not seen the show I'm not sure), so my options are open^^ For more info, ami.org is a great website.

I have spoken to a couple of medical illustrators a doctor friend referred me to.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
nbahn wrote:

Yes, and it's actually a growing field right now. No matter how advanced photography and the like become, it still isn't going to be as clean-cut and easy to understand as an illustration (at least not yet). Also, the low number of medical illustrators out there means the demand is fairly high. On top of that, there are many different areas which "medical illustration" encompasses, from illustrating for textbooks to forensic reconstruction (which I believe is what the character from Bones would fall under, though having not seen the show I'm not sure), so my options are open^^ For more info, ami.org is a great website.

I have spoken to a couple of medical illustrators a doctor friend referred me to.

A big late welcome btw. Have to say you make your career path sound rather interesting. My first thought was it sounded a bit boring to be honest. However you make it sound more interesting and it's good you seem to have the path you want to take decided. Wish I could say the same. And I'm many years removed from college. Embarassed
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
@ Psycho 101

Don't feel bad, I'm retired and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Not growing up still seems the best option now. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 146 of 233