• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-02-17

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuwaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear.

This accurately depicts myself these past two weeks, waiting for the One Piece manga spoilers.

No homework done, no essay's completed...

Sad
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
WOW!!!!..... you know my life!!!... lol Laughing

Good One Robin... Wink
Apashi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Dude... I so did this with the FMA Brotherhood airing. I ended up watching all of the anime until 3 am barely picking up the pencil at all. Thankfully I have an understanding professor. Oh darn I'm procrastinating again with this site too aren't I? -sigh-
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, totally makes me think of One Piece's and FMA Brotherhood's simulcast.
TheKuchisakeOnna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
haha Anime hyper this happens to me all the time
when i should be studying

"3 episodes couldn't hurt right?"

next morning...

".....yup im gonna fail...."
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of the summer I marathoned Card Captor Sakura and Blood+ instead of revising for my maths finals... Fun times...
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well to quote everyone else, this was totally me in my last two years of high school and I'd say about the first year of college. I got better about it after. Luckily that's about the time I grew out of my dub-hating phase and learned that it was much easier to mulit-task studying and anime watching with dubs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm so happy I got into anime after I graduated. I hated studying to begin with (rarely did it anyways) and anime wouldn't of made it any easier.

Yeah, but as Hardgear notes, it leads to those occasional 2-4 hour mornings before having to get up for work. Luckily it becomes somewhat easier to swear off doing again for a good long while... unless you count what it does to those auspicious (aka delusional) vacation schedules.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... that just about sums up what I'm going to do tonight Laughing

Somehow homework just pales in comparison to super-mecha-drama-shojo-ninja action. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I've ever done this, although I did learn about halfway through Code Geass R2 that I needed to have my homework done before the fansubs came out or the quality would suffer (but the fansubs came out mid-afternoon so I wasn't totally screwed over otherwise). These days I usually work it out as "do this, this, and this first, THEN you get to have lovely anime." It's a pretty good motivator too....
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote
It'd be funnier if I hadn't just done this Monday night. And tonight. I hate myself so much right now.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
Hahaha!!! Oh gawd that was funny.

Looks like that 50 min turned into the next day. Unfortunately I've never gone through that type of craziness. Being someone who's employed full-time I try not to stay up late doing a full series. Especially not on a workday. But every now and then I've gotten engrossed enough in a show to finish. I think the only shows that I've watched straight through one night before bed was 'Aoi no Hana'. Because it's short. 'Moribito' and 'Denno Coil' are close seconds because I'd do half one day (Sat) and the other half the next (Sun).
redcar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I remember this. For me it was marathoning the entirety of Cardcaptor Sakura over the first four days of a pre-final week in my senior year of college. I even somehow studied enough the last three days to do well on the tests. Must have been my favorite anime giving me the strength to succeed :p
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't think anime ever kept me from studying (mostly because there wasn't a lot of anime available back when I was in school)...but video games did sometimes. I specifically remember putting off studying for a final in college because I couldn't stop playing Luigi's Mansion on my roommate's GameCube. Anime smile + sweatdrop
alpha_beta_angel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Nice one that most of us relate to Smile
Reminds me of my days of college, me and my bestest buddy attended the same course and on days there were no assignments or projects due I'd rock up to his house and we'd watch some ADV dubbed set and I'd stay over and we'd stay up late and discuss the series.

Aw, memories....

Now I feel sad, after relocating to another country I had to leave my buddies and extensive anime collection behind.... now the meager 20 boxsets I have with me are making me pout.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4