• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans and Industry Veterans Celebrate Gundam's 35th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
誤称 wrote:
So, you're commenting on the story of a show you didn't watch and don't know the story of? Brilliance!

Most people criticising Gundam Build Fighters wouldn't recognise a good robot show let alone a good Gundam show from some fan made production. GBF is so good that it can teach lessons as to how to make an excellent robot action series. The likes of which haven't been seen on tv since the SPT Layzner days. Sunrise should be proud of what it accomplished with GBF.
Well I'm so happy Cptn Taylor is here to tell us whats what. The all knowing one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Gundam Unicorn fans? Thier newly announced projects seem pretty inline with the fans hermit is talking about.

Gundam Unicorn ? That's a several year old project. What new (as of 2014) project targets the UC ? Oh yeah only 4 flashback episodes from Gundam the Origin. That alone tells you just how much the priorities have changed within Sunrise. Obviously the UC will never go away, but its relevence will be lesser and lesser as time goes on.
Especially as young fans (fans that weren't even born when 0079 went on the air, I mean fans that weren't even born when SEED was on the air) are brought into the Gundam franchise.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gundam Unicorn ? That's a several year old project.
Yes and? I don't believe I said Unicorn was a new project.

Quote:
What new (as of 2014) project targets the UC ?
I didn't know you had to just be a UC fan to enjoy Unicorn. As if liking Unicorn means you can't enjoy other Gundam shows.

There's that and G Reko. I'm pretty sure making it known that it's a Tomino show and has a lose connection to UC is a ploy to make it attractive to old school Gundam fans. It will also probably be pretty accessible to newer fans ideally. The point is, they haven't really abandoned anyone. You claimed that Sunrise sees the fans animehermit (those not looking for a blatant toy commercial) as a minority yet it's next projects are inline with those fans just as well.

Quote:
Oh yeah only 4 flashback episodes from Gundam the Origin. That alone tells you just how much the priorities have changed within Sunrise.
flashback episodes that will have probably the level of production values of Unicorn which already looks pretty fantastic. I think that shows Sunrise understands that there's a market out there that dosen't want something like Build Fighters and it will continually have something for it.

Quote:
Obviously the UC will never go away, but its relevence will be lesser and lesser as time goes on.
If Unicorn's sales say anything, it's that this isn't true and they will continue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3