• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans From 94 Countries Vote For Their Most Anticipated Summer Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
so, you're saying people only anticipate sequels and stuff with popular source material? I guess that makes sense,

yes, for new stuffs, people just wait and see. Alot of people may not even know what's Aldnoah.Zero and Zankyo No Terror exist before the season. People don't vote for something that you don;t know.
There are 20+ new anime every season, I don't think people can name them all without looking it up online. One month before the season start, people maybe able to name like 5-6 anime upcoming anime next season.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I thought Sailor Moon Crystal would be at least #2, but I'm not surprised to see Sword Art Online II at the top.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
For Free! fans, congrats.
Izu0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Most anime in the women's list looks okay to me ^^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

.... so, you're saying people only anticipate sequels and stuff with popular source material? I guess that makes sense, sort of, but its still pretty stupid, in my opinion.

Spotlesseden wrote:

yes, for new stuffs, people just wait and see. Alot of people may not even know what's Aldnoah.Zero and Zankyo No Terror exist before the season. People don't vote for something that you don;t know.

Somehow I chuckled a bit when reading these (and the poll result).
In one way, anime and Hollywood films are not too different after all, eh? Wink
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to say that the Election Arc in Hunter x Hunter is my most anticipated anime of the season, because technically it is a new season. Who cares if the show didin't take a break, the arc just started so it's pretty much new stuff as far as I'm concerned, lol.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
No Akame ga Kill? Bullshit list
Detrimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
ew
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

There are 20+ new anime every season, I don't think people can name them all without looking it up online.

Closer to 40-50+ these days.

I count 44 new series premiering this month (9 of which are short form anime), and summer tends to be on the light side.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
Jesus people.... get it through your heads:
Space Dandy is only popular with Americans. The Japanese and most Europeans don't care that much about it. Same with Akame Ga Kill.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Free! is on the men's list, but Sailor Moon Crystal isn't. What is wrong with people?! Laughing

Well Free is popular with men so that's no surprise. It is a KyoAni show, after all. Meanwhile Sailor Moon is for little girls which otaku probably don't bother with, especially when they have Pretty Cure to choose from as their obligatory magical girl show.

LOL. The new Sailor Moon anime is aimed at an adult female audience.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:54 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Free! is on the men's list, but Sailor Moon Crystal isn't. What is wrong with people?! Laughing

Well Free is popular with men so that's no surprise. It is a KyoAni show, after all. Meanwhile Sailor Moon is for little girls which otaku probably don't bother with, especially when they have Pretty Cure to choose from as their obligatory magical girl show.

When the first clip began, Free is supposed to take off only with Western females, now a couple years later it's taking off with men too (just above Space Dandy which made the list but SMC did not). That show has some of the weirdest roller coaster ride of demographics.
CremsonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
I'd like to say that the Election Arc in Hunter x Hunter is my most anticipated anime of the season, because technically it is a new season. Who cares if the show didin't take a break, the arc just started so it's pretty much new stuff as far as I'm concerned, lol.

I'd like to say the same.

HxH is far greater than anything on this list by a mile. It's a shame it doesn't count because it's on-going.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
BinBouGami1234 wrote:
Surprised to see Free! Eternal Summer so high on the Men's ranking.
Even more surprised that Sailor Moon is not even on that list.
ajr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
This poll is made sense at first, but yet is still kinda baffling. Folks are psyched for the RE-EDIT of PsychoPass, even though the 2nd season is this fall? SAO is actually the number one with females? Black Butler did well with men? No Sailor Moon on the men's list at all? The Psycho-Pass re-edit did really well, but Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero didn't place?

Thirding the HunterxHunter plugs, if the Election arc is half the quality of the Chimera Ant arc it'll still be some of the best shonen of the year. Can confirm men are looking forward to Glasslip, glassblowing sounds sweet, and if PA Works is doing it, it could look very, very nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4