• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Code Geass Project's Launch Revealed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
As for directors and such saying that spoiler[ he's dead ] there seriously needs to be some tropes reading about how the "Word of God" isn't always strictly true.
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
Maybe this new series will deal with Charlie and Marianne comin' back from wherever the hell they were sent off to and then causing chaos around the globe!

Then Zerosaku has to save the day and we get some of Kallen's "out of place" fanservice in-between to top it all off. W00t! Surprised
joystick1101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Please god, don't let it be a remake or compilation movie like w/ Eva and Gurren Lagann.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
J. Kudo wrote:
Then Zerosaku has to save the day and we get some of Kallen's "out of place" fanservice in-between to top it all off. W00t! Surprised

I'd be fine if this new project was all just about fanserivce, and featured Viletta Nu primarily.
LaN-X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
I truly have been doing my best to silence my need for a sequel. I mean, the ending was just so perfect. That being said, I still believe there are plenty of good directions they could take a series based off the Code Geass universe.

J. Kudo wrote:

SPINZAKU KICK!

Last edited by LaN-X on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
@walw6pK4Alo, Charred Knight:

Something tells me neither of you are looking forward to the Gundam 00 movie either. Laughing

Though I do happen to disagree. I'd say the ending was too idealistic, but remained fairly easy to comprehend and actually made the series recover a few points in my book.

Let's be blunt, I nearly quit watching anime because of Code Geass and Gundam 00, so no the fact that garbage get's sequels does not excite me.

The ending was just so nonsensical.

spoiler[Lelouch: The only way to make peace is to sadly surpass my father as the world's most evil being. MWAHAHAHAHA
30 minutes
Lelouch: Because of the horrible deeds I did I most atone for my sins, I leave the rest up to Ougi, an incompetent backstabber, and Suzaku, an idiot.]
LaN-X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

The ending was just so nonsensical.

Despite how much this post pains me, I do have to agree. The ending was a tiiiiny bit overboard...
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Eh...I guess I'll just shrug.

The ending can be accused of being unrealistic but it's far from nonsensical, though Lelouch isn't what I'd call a sane man by that stage in the series either. There's a point to it and the ending fits the show's themes. That qualifies as "making sense" as far as I can tell. Then again, I still don't see the need to debate this to death one more time.

Going a little further back..speaking of Ryousuke Takahashi, he's a great director but the reality is that he's not getting a lot of work these days and, unfortunately, I have to doubt he'd be put in charge of something like this. Though it's curious to note that both he and the director of Code Geass (Goro Taniguchi) worked on Gasaraki back in the day (1998-1999).

Last edited by nightjuan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
Well, this is certainly intriguing news. Looking forward to more solid details.
Houlgrave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
In all likelihood, this is going to be a continuation with the main protagonist being Lelouch and C.C.'s son/daughter. Smile
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'd like to see a film remake of R2. It was good as is, but they had to make so many changes to the story to accommodate the timeslot change. It'd be cool to see something closer to the original plan. Unlikely though.

Charred Knight, you apparently missed the total point of the ending. No wonder you didn't like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Eh...I guess I'll just shrug.

The ending can be accused of being unrealistic but it's far from nonsensical, though Lelouch isn't what I'd call a sane man by that stage in the series either. There's a point to it and the ending fits the show's themes. That qualifies as "making sense" as far as I can tell. Then again, I still don't see the need to debate this to death one more time.

What themes? Code Geass was basically Schindler's List with the acting, and writing of Flash Gordon. How can their be themes when the series itself can't decide if it's a serious work of fiction or a comedy.

Renaisance Otaku wrote:

Charred Knight, you apparently missed the total point of the ending. No wonder you didn't like it.

and the point was?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
I hope there making a anime out of one of the spin off manga or novels.

I hope your hopes won't come true. I want to see a follow up, badly. Actually, I'd scream like a fan girl if this is real(been practising "sugoi desu" at work specially for situations like these), and if this is a sequel.
Try practicing your english before that. Also people need to learn to put spoiler tags up ...this thread has quite a few.

Hopefully it's a movie though, 3 series of any anime seems overkill to me.
Seljuk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
So, uhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but spoiler[Even if Lelouch died, he inherited Charles' Code, so is therefore immortal, or something like it] I have seen/read a lot of interesting discussions on that matter, by far the most interesting thing I have read on CG.

I've seen some serious discussion on that, and that would technically work. From both standpoints. Really looking forward to a sequel. Hopefully set far in the future, cycle in a new cast of characters/make some of the current characters older. That'd be interesting.

I honestly don't care how much of a trainwreck it turns out to be. CG is still the most consistently entertaining show I have ever watched.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
and the point was?

Would my explaining it to you really change anything or simply draw us into post after post of how we disagree on something? Not trying to be rude, but I've walked into that a little too many times, and you seem to have made up your mind as CG being irredeemable crap. I'm not a miracle worker here. Wink Just saving us both some time and frustration.

The ending's a bit deeper than you give credit for in my opinion, and I'll leave it at that. A big part was restoring Zero as an incorruptible symbol and demonstrating how skewed the path of the dictator was. Personally I liked it for it's bittersweetness. spoiler[Namely how he did it for Nunnally, when all she wanted was to just be a family. And yes, I'm one of those that believes him dead, as otherwise it cheapens the sacrifice.]

CG was flawed, particularly the rushed R2, but it was insanely entertaining and memorable, and that's all that really matters anymore in the end. I'll go back to just saying that I look forward to a new project, particularly one that improves upon it, as it was before I saw your post.

Last edited by Renaisance Otaku on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12