• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion #1 at Amazon - Sort of...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
The laws requiring merchants to agree to listed prices is about trying to make merchants not get away with defrauding a customer. Well at least in one instance. No court is going to accept the claim Amazon violated the law by not agreeing to honor the sales of the Evangelion box set at that low price. A business if they have any brains will let some lower price sales go through once they catch wind of it. It depends of course on how much money they would lose. Stores often times do have errors on prices due to bar code misreadings and usually the store lets it slide not in the case when the price is 90% lower then it should be. No car dealership in the world is going to honor sales of cars that have a msrp of 50,000 for 500 dollars.

If the merchant had taking the money before the error was discovered then the merchant would only lose the court case if they had not reimbursed the money or offered an equilveant deal.

The law wasn't meant to be used by customers to fleece a merchant when the merchant made an honest mistake.

No court would accept your claims that Amazon was breaking the law. Now a few dozen they may not care too much about but several thousand like it seems to have been well they aren't going to honor that.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:11 am Reply with quote
And people wonder why our court system is backlogged with such frivolous lawsuits.
.Sy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Too bad it won't be honored. If it had been honored...Platinum collection too. Darn.
Otaku1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... Anyone who thinks they're gonna get a legit, Region 1, USA release of an entire $89.98 boxset for FIVE BUCKS is insane. There's no way Amazon would honor that price. I sure as heck wouldn't! I was shopping at Media Play one day *pauses for a moment of silence* and I found the complete set of Nadesico for what I thought was $39.99. When I went to the counter, I was told by the clerk that it was actually $83.99, and I decided to leave it there. The price tag was fixed the next day... And I was actually gonna keep it in my collection!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4