• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Chobits, Eden of the East Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Surprised xxxHOLiC Kei hasn`t been announced yet, and I`m sure the OVAs will be coming soon... My hope is have one BIG Tsubasa/HOLiC OVA box with all the sets included Smile

I fear we may never get the 2nd XXXHOLiC. Whenever you hear the Funi guys talk about it they don't seem too excited. It may have not sold as well as they would have liked. But I hope I am wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
My hope is have one BIG Tsubasa/HOLiC OVA box with all the sets included Smile

That would be pretty nice since I liked the TRC OVAs but not the TV series. And I'm another person holding out for a CCS re-release but I do doubt it'll ever happen.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Goes and figure they rescued Chobits right after I bought Vols. 1-4 of the Geneon singles. Anime hyper Ah well; if I can't get Vols. 5 and 7 for a cheap price between now and the release date, I'll pick up Funi's release. And excellent news on Spice and Wolf II - I loved the first season and really was hoping that the second one was going to be picked up soon.
mckg1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome!! Spice and wolf 2, i always wanted to buy chobits! and now all eden of the east films are on my gatta get list! Man i gatta start saving up Smile
mckg1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Is Spice and Wolf 2 going to release on Blu Ray and if so, is the first season also going to release on blu ray because i already own the complete fist season DVD box set and if it releases on blu ray i might be willing to double dip for it if the Blu Ray set has more extras.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I've seen nothing of Eden yet but I've heard absolutely nothing but stellar things about it.

I literally squealed and jumped up and down when I first heard FUNi licensed it, and now knowing they have the rights to the entire series (i.e. the inclusion of the movies), and are going to use the original music. I don't see how I'm not going to buy this series should I like it when I see it (legally, of course). Anime hyper
Centent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote
mckg1 wrote:
Is Spice and Wolf 2 going to release on Blu Ray and if so, is the first season also going to release on blu ray because i already own the complete fist season DVD box set and if it releases on blu ray i might be willing to double dip for it if the Blu Ray set has more extras.

I'm wondering the same thing...if they're going to upscale an old show to Blu-Ray, why not release the show that actually has a real release out already...unless they were waiting to see if the DVD would actually sell...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quote
_Emi_ wrote:
The Chobits dub is indeed a good one made even better by the fact that Crispin Freemen is in it.
Oh yes indeed! The man always turns in a great performance. I'm a big Michelle Ruff fanboy too so the dub was just full of win for me.

_Emi_ wrote:
No opinion on Spice and Wolf.
This one is either a hit or a miss with people. Personally, I loved it and would recommend it highly. You've got to like the lead characters and probably have at least a passing interest in medieval economics though. There's a lot of talking but it's great dialogue.

mckg1 wrote:
I think Funimation wants to do a Blu-Ray release for it but they're still negotiating with the Japanese. It's important to remember that the Japanese charge A LOT MORE than we do for Blu-Ray sets. (Like some can be several hundred dollars!)

And Blu-Ray regions are the same for Japan and the US so reverse importation fears are slightly more justified. (And we all know how afraid of that the Japanese are!)
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
Good news. At least they are completing S&W. Heard good things about Eden of the East. Chobits? -nope. I'm not much of a CLAMP fan.
Shinn AsukaGSD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote
Spice And Wolf actually did extremely good plus its a epic anime.i cant wait to season 2 is release thanks funimation Very Happy
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
the Eden of the East films are true sequels, and not compilation films correct? In that case, yay.

But when are they going to license Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22?!
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:15 am Reply with quote
Excellent news all around. I might even buy Chobits, which has stuck in the back of my mind for years.

Richard J. wrote:
I think Funimation wants to do a Blu-Ray release for it but they're still negotiating with the Japanese. It's important to remember that the Japanese charge A LOT MORE than we do for Blu-Ray sets. (Like some can be several hundred dollars!)

Case in point, the R2 S1 BD set of Spice and Wolf soared somewhere around the USD300 mark, if I recall correctly.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote
Sales of EotE the series on BR will probably determine if we get the movies on BR.

I know I'm buying them all on BR
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
FaytLein wrote:
Funi announced Eden of the East last year, and I haven't heard anything about a release so far, so I'd be more excited about the films if I had the series.

According to their twitter, the TV run of EotE is aimed for a late summer release.

Link please? What Channel would air EotE anyways?
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Goes and figure they rescued Chobits right after I bought Vols. 1-4 of the Geneon singles. Anime hyper Ah well; if I can't get Vols. 5 and 7 for a cheap price between now and the release date, I'll pick up Funi's release. And excellent news on Spice and Wolf II - I loved the first season and really was hoping that the second one was going to be picked up soon.

well I just finished shelling out more than I wanted for volumes 4, 5, and 6 off of amazon. but volume 5 by its self is a hard one to get, but I got lucky, but if they do release chobits on bluray I might get it, but if they release chobits like they did love hina, I will not worry about it, when funimation released their 4 disc version of love hina, I bouhgt it, and found out the audio was horrible and the video color was light, so I went out and found all nine volumes of love hina used, but in mint condition, and they cost about the same as the funimation version, plus I also have the OVAs and love hina again movie,

so I hope they do not ruin chobits for those who have not seen it yet,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7