• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warners' Live-Action Death Note Film Casts Nat Wolff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
vision33r wrote:
Hollywood doesn't understand anime, they think it's simple translation of the story plot and Americanize it for the audience.

Anime is art, it needs to retain it's purity. Once it loses it's purity there's zero appeal.

Anime is pure....... sorry but that is the last thing anime is.

What Hollywood does or doesn't do, will have no effect on how anime is made in Japan.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
supersqueak wrote:
I squealed when I saw this I say he is a good choice. I mean he is not as traditionally handsome as I would have expected but he seems the right type to me I think the guy is talented enough to pull it off. Good for him I want it to work out.

I don't think he does at all - Light is supposed to be beautiful, because that's part of his charm. He is a charming, intelligent young man who knows how to use his looks best and how to play people...Nat Wolf looks cute at best. Which isn't really what Light is supposed to look like...he's supposed to look untouchable - that is part of who he is as a character.

Ugh, well I didn't have any hope for this anyway but now I care even less.

Well yeah I agree that he isn't as pretty as Light should be but at the same time you can't just hire the prettiest face in the room and expect to get a good performance out of them I think it would be difficult to find an actor with deadly good looks that also has the right look and intensity for the character. They of course had to go with a known actor to get people to go see it.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, it just hit me where i've seen this guy from before.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Brothers_Band:_The_Movie

Anyone else remember this when it was on Nick...10 years ago. Jeez, it doesn't feel like that long ago. Anyway, can't believe that kid is going to be Light.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6