• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
Name: John

Sex: M

Blood Type: red (with a little white thrown in)

Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan (HQ of the ever changing Chrysler automotive)

Marital Status: currently single

Ethnicity: English, Norwegian, Serbian

Religion: one of the Christian varieties

Pets: one male Snowshoe Siamese cat

Drink/Smoke: no smoky, yes drinky

Dislikes: bad drivers, potholes, cell phones (esp. Blackberries)

Favorite anime: Cowboy BeBop, Please Teacher, Please Twins, Sorcerer Hunters, Noein, Gunslinger Girl, GiTS series, Ergo Proxy, et. al.

Favorite Books: the original Dune series and other works of Frank Herbert, various Sci-Fi endeavors, some Steven King titles.

Favorite game: varies over time, right now it’s Grand Theft Auto 4, Persona 3, Call of Duty 4, and Forza 2

Favorite TV shows/Movies: anything with a “star” in it: Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate. Millennium, Firefly, various Godzilla flicks.

Favorite Drink: Sam Adams varieties, sake, hot or cold

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Nespresso coffee, Vitamin Water

Favorite Foods: there’s too many to mention from the four food groups. As long as it is good for you and maybe organic please

Favorite Sites: autoblog, jalopnik, ann (of course), animeondvd, macintouch, freep

Favorite Sport (to watch): Formula One racing

Favorite Sport (to play): Weight lifting, running

Favorite Music: alternative rock (Tool, Garbage, STP), old school AOR (album-oriented rock) and throw in a little trance / Detroit techno. And thanks to being subjected to anime, a little J-pop / J-rock too.

Job: Controller / IS Manager at an industrial/commercial construction company

Hobbies: spending time and watching anime with above-mentioned cat, messing with computers (esp. Macs), exercising.

Fun facts about John:
/smartarse mode on
I have a job, so I actually buy anime instead of getting it free from questionable sources.
/smartarse mode off

Favorite Quotes: (nothing particularly witty to add here)
Triple_Dude

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone *Waves* Laughing.

Ahem... here goes the long intro! *Takes a DEEEEP breath*

Name: Bob

Sex: Male

Blood Type: B, I believe.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 100% Chinese Smile.

Religion: Christian

Pets: Had a hamster... that was murdered Sad (NO JOKE!)

Drink/Smoke: Never!

Likes: Computer, 3D CGI, and... Art :p. Oh, and of course, Anime Wink.

Dislikes: Smokers, and people who talk out of their rear.

Favorite Animes: Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Macross Plus Movie Edition (It's SOOO much better than the OVA, honest to goodness!), and perhaps soon to be Kara no Kyoukai!

Favorite Books: The Blind Mirror... Oh man, I honestly cannot recall most of my "favourites" off the top of my head Sad.

Favorite Games: The Xenosaga Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Okami, Halo and... Probably a few more.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Battlestar Galactica (FO SHO!), Letters from Iwo Jima.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: 7Up, Sprite, Mountain Dew, Ice Tea, etc.

Favorite Foods: Well... Quite a bit. Since I'm a pretty good chef (if I do say so myself Wink). I just made some gorgeous ribs tonight, heh :p.

Favorite Sites: AnimeNewsNetwork (sucking up, LOL), PS3forums/PSU, ConceptArt, and SimplyMaya (Heh, I love Maya <3).

Favorite Sport (to watch): Who wastes their time watching Sports? Despicable Laughing!

Favorite Sport (to play): Badminton and Tennis.

Favorite Music: Ethereal, Techno, uhh... good stuff Wink

Job: Currently a contract web developer... But I want to get into the 3D field in the future Smile.

Hobbies: Working with Maya, sketching, drawing, writing, and listening to good music Smile.

Last edited by Triple_Dude on Fri May 23, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Triple_Dude wrote:

You don't like Jim Carey! SIN! Wink Welcome.
Triple_Dude

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Triple_Dude wrote:

You don't like Jim Carey! SIN! Wink Welcome.
I actually didn't know Jim Carey smoked Surprised!

Well, thanks for the warm welcome Wink.
Skylark

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote
I've never actually done one of these despite having been here for quite some time.. so, in case any of you were interested lulz:

Name: Nathanael

Blood Type: AB+

Ethnicity: Australian born and raised, half German though.

Religion: *cough*

Pets: Cat, dog, a bunch of birds over the years. Meh. I don't like animals.

Drink/Smoke: I drink occasionally but have never and will never smoke.

Likes: Guitar (9 years), parkour, gymnastics, hapkido, anime/manga (obviously), chess, shogi, skateboarding, programming, rock climbing.. I think that's most of them.

Dislikes: Anchovies and asparagus lol. And people who a) think casual sex is something to brag about, b) beat up on women/elderly/kids, c) are just general jerks.

Favorite Animes: Har. Too many to list. Probably at the moment my favourite would be ef ~A Tale of Memories~, but I also loved Death Note, Code Geass (and R2), Noein, Elfen Lied, Suzumiya Haruhi, Darker than Black, Eureka Seven... we'll be here for days if I keep going.

Favorite Books: Kasparov's "My Great Predecessors" series, Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series; the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy; but by far the best is Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy. If you're into fantasy books, read this! It's fantastic.

Favorite Games: Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls (all of them), Assassin's Creed, Baldur's Gate (all of them), Diablo 2. I'm pretty much cool with whatever game, as long as it isn't sports or racing.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Heroes (first season only, zzz for drawn out shows like lost etc), Bones. Movies; well, Wachowski Brothers are win (Matrix, V for Vendetta) but not speed racer lulz. Can't wait to see the Dark Knight and Get Smart.

Favorite Drink: Black Douglas. Ohhh yeah. I take it straight, on the rocks, dry or cola, whatever, it's all good.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk.

Favorite Foods: Italian. Anything Italian.

Favorite Sites: gmail. lol.

Favorite Sport (to watch): I watch the gymnastics on the olympics and the world championships, that's about it.

Favorite Sport (to play): No team sports, only those listed in "likes"

Favorite Music: Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Rush, Metallica, Porcupine Tree, a bit of Opeth. I love progressive music and I like metal kind of, but I can't stand the screaming vocalists. Dream Theater is the most win band ever by the way; if you want to hear something amazing look for "Instrumedley" on YouTube. All the instrumentalists in the band went through music colleges and they are all individually gods, but they mesh as a band together incredibly well as well.

Job: I'm in the Australian Army Reserves (I want to help people; anime has had a real positive influence on my life I think in that regard) and I'm doing that part time while I finish my degree in IT (I graduate this year; might be doing post-graduate honours though since I was offered a scholarship). Majoring in software architecture.

Favourite Quote: "Time is like a prison cell for those whose crime is loneliness"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hegemonic

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Heya all! ^^
I feel like doing one of these.

Name: Gabriel, but just Gabe will do.

Sex: Male.

Blood Type: AB...normal?

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: Spanish/Italian/Swiss

Religion: Catholic, but not very religious, I can't remember the last time I went to church actually.

Pets: None as of this moment.

Drink/Smoke: Mead, I know not very popular and a bit of an aquired taste but I love it. And I never smoked, actually second-hand smoke gives me splitting headaches for some reason. ><;

Likes: Philosophy, mythology, anime, manga, long windy walks on the beach, rain, overcast skies and people who give a simple thing a complex and/or interesting explanation or interpretation.( just humor me, it's the truth, except the windy walk part).

Dislikes: Boredom.

Favorite Anime: NGE, GTO, FMA, Twelve Kingdoms and Saint Seiya (Seiya is my childhood anime, no matter what, it will be here).

Favorite Manga (Light Novels): Berserk, Samurai Executioner, Lone Wolf and Cub, Path of the Assassin, Evangelion and Suikoden 3.

Favorite Books: Chocolate Wars, Catcher in the Rye, quite a lot of Clive Barker books, Martian Chronicles, Sun Tzu, Zhuge Liang's Essays on Generalship, 36 Military Strategies or Wiles of War.

Favorite Game: TES2:Daggerfall, Zelda: A link to the past, Parasite Eve 1, Silent Hill 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 as well the expansion, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Makica Obscura.

Favorite TV Shows and Movies: Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Seven, Snatch, Hellboy, The Godfather.

Job: full-time Student.

Favorite Quotes:

"Si ad astra per aspera" Latin for : "If you want to reach for the stars it's through the rugged road".

"...war would make corpses of us all..." - Feromir, LOTR

"My life is a chip in your pile, ante up!" - One of the Final Fantasy games I think...but I can't remember which one! Darn....
bendystraw123

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Name: Bendystraw(nickname actually long story)
Likes: Art,Writting,Shopping,Friends,Anime and manga (of course Smile )
Dislikes: Math!!!!!!!! and spoilers
Fav Anime: Air/Sailor moon
Fav Manga: Fruit Baskets
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quote
Well it seems we have another handful of new members. So a big Memorial Day ANN welcome to Crusif, bendystraw123, Hegemonic, Skylark, Triple_Dude, JohnnySake, and Pinktiarapanda. The outdoor BBQ starts at 5pm, try not to be late. Very Happy I see some of you have already spread out and started posting. I hope you're enjoying your stay. Be sure to check out our fun filled weekly columns while you're here. As part of your welcome here I'm pleased to give you all your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *Hands them each a brown bag." Inside your bags will each find one half of a smooth skipping stone, the ear piece to an X-box 360 head set, a can of coconut milk that is 6 months past its sell date, and 2 dead milkweed bugs. Enjoy your gifts and don't forget to ponder this question while you're here; What Happens If You Get Scared Half To Death Twice?
varmintx

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Hegemonic wrote:
"My life is a chip in your pile, ante up!" - One of the Final Fantasy games I think...but I can't remember which one! Darn....
VI: a line by Setzer Gabbiani.
Morgenlord

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Alright, lets see

Name: Timo

Sex: Male.

Blood Type: no idea

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: 1/2 German 1/2 Finnish

Religion: nothing, really

Pets: None as of this moment

Drink/Smoke: Drinking...of course Wink

Likes: Sleeping, eating, drinking, sleeping more, some sports

Dislikes:

Favorite Anime: GTO, NGE, Dragonball Very Happy

Favorite Manga (Light Novels): Berserk

Favorite Books: kinda all Sword of Truth books and LotR

Favorite Game: TES 3 and 4, LotRO, Half Life

Favorite TV Shows and Movies: Boondock Saints, Eurotrip

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk <3

Favorite Foods: Pizza (probably anything goes)

Favorite Sites: youtube, thenemesis

Favorite Sport (to watch): Swimming, Icehockey, Soccer

Favorite Sport (to play): Swimming (doing this already for 16 years :O)

Favorite Music: Death Metal

Job: Soldier, still 4 months left

Hobbies: Sleeping Very Happy

Favorite Quotes: Life is a conspiracy
Breastroke is an athletic event but butterfly is a political statement

Fun facts about Morgenlord:
survived 3 carcrashes (the cars never survived...)
has to sleep every night with 11 other guys in one room (army...)
left leg is about 6mm shorter than the other
lived one year in a dormitory in school
Pork Cracklins

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I might as well do one of these things. Very Happy

Name: Ace

Ethnicity: American with some Irish/Scottish/French

Religion: Deist

Drink/Smoke: I drink once in awhile, mostly only on social occasions. I don’t smoke, in fact Im the only member of my family who doesn't. I don’t care if people smoke in front of me Im used to it.

Likes: collecting stuff, meat, stand up comedy, the cold, toothpicks.

Dislikes: black eyed peas (the food), spiders, the heat, reality tv, the color yellow.

Favorite anime: Berserk, Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Lagoon, Love Hina, Spice and Wolf, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Rozen Maiden ( I could go on, too many to list really).

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Berserk, Death Note, Hellsing, Negima!, Love Hina, Claymore, Rozen Maiden, One Piece and more (again, too many to list)

Favorite Comics: Preacher, Fables, Transmetropolitan, League of Extraodrinary Gentlemen, Y: the Last Man, The Walking Dead, X-Men, Invincible, various others.

Favorite Books: A Song of Ice and Fire series, Harry Potter series, Moby Dick, The Iliad, The Zombie Survival Guide.

Favorite games: Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City/San Andreas/IV, BioShock, Rockband, Final Fantasy Tactics, Myth II Soulblighter, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, WarHammer Dawn of War, World in Conflict, Star Craft, Xenogears, Suikoden II and V, lots more.

Favorite TV shows: MST3k, Scrubs, House, Lost, South Park, CSI: Miami, Reno 911, Futurama, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Stargate SG1, Deadwood, Kids in the Hall, Ren & Stimpy, Tv Funhouse, Wonder Showzen, Venture Brothers, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, MXC.

Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones (all of them), Die Hard (all of them), Star Wars (all but episode I), Lethal Weapon (all of them), Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, Full Metal Jacket, LotR Trilogy, Harry Potter films, a lot of Arnold Swarchenegger and Kurt Russell movies, Mel Brooks movies, Back to the Future Trilogy, Evil Dead Trilogy.

Favorite Drink: Amaretto sour, Smirnoff Ice, Mikes Hard Berry.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet code red, orange gatorade, ice tea, water.

Favorite Foods: Hamburgers, steak, ribs, baked chicken, turkey, chili, pizza, roast beef, spaghetti, salad, sub sandwiches, mushrooms, Mexican food, Chinese food, Cheez-it crackers, sun flower seeds, hard boiled eggs, mac n cheese, brown rice.

Favorite Sites: YouTube, ANN

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Volley Ball, Pool, Darts

Favorite Music: Pretty broad range of stuff from classical like Bach and Beethoven, to Weird Al. I guess if I had to pick a primary genre it would be rock. I like a lot of rock n roll. Hard rock, 80s rock and metal, heavy metal, southern rock, classic rock, alternative rock. Also some Funk, MoTown and Blues.

Job: Currently unemployed college student

Hobbies: Collecting movies/tv shows/comics/anime/manga, playing video games, singing, writing, learning new languages, I enjoy the subjects of history, mythology, archeology, astronomy and anthropology.

Fun facts about Pork Cracklins:
-I have a pure white streak of hair in my goatee. It’s always been there ever since I was old enough to get facial hair.
-I can play the piano by ear
-I cant help but play air guitar during particularly rockin’ guitar solos. Cool
-I know almost every Weird Al song by heart.
-When I was a cub scout cleaning trash off the side of a busy road with my fellow scouts I got chased into the street by a black snake and nearly run over, fun fun.
-At home I like to have a fan on at all times, year round, I just like the sound for some reason.

Favorite Quotes: I have several but to keep this short I’ll just mention real quick that pretty much anything Andrew Ryan from BioShock says is pure gold, that game had excellent writing/voice acting.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote
Time to kill, so here we go.

Name: Derick

Marital Status: Married, but seperated

Ethnicity: British

Religion: No thanks.

Drink/Smoke: Drink probably once every few months.

Dislikes: Hot weather, angry drivers.

Favorite Anime: Check the relevant thread.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): At the risk of being lynched here, I don't read manga... It's all about the anime for me.

Favorite Books: Anything Pratchett makes me a happy boy. Robert Rankin also. I like humour in my hardbacks.

Favorite games: Final Fantasy games (except 8), Skies of Arcadia... Various lookalike RPGs. Played WoW extensively, EvE Online too.

Favorite TV shows: ER, X Files. Don't watch much TV, actually!

Favorite Movies: Seven, Blade Runner, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Battle Royale, Brick, Lady Vengeance... and countless, countless others.

Favorite Drink: Bizarrely, I guzzle tap water by the gallon.

Favorite Foods: Lordy. Er... Sushi.

Favorite Sites: Assorted webcomics (Megatokyo, VG Cats, LFG, Penny Arcade), BBC Football, Anime Academy, Facebook (guilty pleasure), Variety Asia, ANN, Minitokyo, animesuki.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, Ice Hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): Football, Kendo

Favorite Music: Changes like the seasons. I've listened to such a wide variety of genres, listing favourites would be a pointless exercise.

Job: Pub Manager

Hobbies: Watching anime, MMOs, Football, music, movies.

Fun facts about dirkusbirkus:

I'm geeky in every respect. I'm great with people and it's probably my only saving grace as I have a horrendous lazy streak... I've very rational and analytical but have trouble following through with ideas I have due to lack of motivation. Heck, these aren't fun facts at all! Shutting up now.

Favorite Quotes: 'Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer... Then you'll notice you've got their strict attention' John Doe, Seven

'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.' Roy Batty, Blade Runner

Last edited by dirkusbirkus on Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Since I've been posting a little bit, I might as well contribute to this thread.

Name: Melissa

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O-

Ethnicity: Belgian, Dutch, Italian, English with a little bit of Scottish, Irish and French

Religion: Roman Catholic

Pets: My cat Mittens. I got her as a birthday present for my 8th birthday. She's 15 years old now.

Drink/Smoke: Drink, yes but no smoking. Don't care for the smell.

Likes: Besides the obvious, I like to read and watch stuff that isn't anime or manga and play video games. Also like animals, hence the pet. Listening to music. Being solitary.

Dislikes: People who think that their is something wrong with me because I like being solitary. Never needed a large group of friends. Just a small handful to hang out with and chat once in a while.

Favorite anime: Victorian Romance Emma, Ghost in the Shell (TV and movie), Ah! My Goddess, Rozen Maiden, Honey & Clover, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Angel's Egg, The Rose of Versailles, Millennium Actress

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Haven't read enough manga to list favorites.

Favorite Books: The works of Isaac Asimov(favorite is the short story The Last Question), C.S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien; Ender's Game; The Last Unicorn; Redwall series

Favorite game: Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate series, King's Quest series, Ultima series, Commander Keen series, System Shock 2, Doom

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Good Eats, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Farscape, The Tick, The Red Green Show, Red Dwarf, Dr. Who, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Fifth Element, 12 Angry Men, Casablanca, Mel Brooks' movies

Favorite Drink: Rum

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cranberry Juice, Chocolate Milk

Favorite Foods: I am a severe chocoholic.

Favorite Sites: digitalblasphemy.com, snopes.com

Favorite Music: Almost anything. Don't much care for rap, country or music where it's the singer just screaming into the microphone.

Job: Making batteries.

Favorite Quotes:
Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. -Mark Twain

Through God's love and man's sweat, beer came into the world. -Saint Arnold of Getz

The quickest way to a man's heart is through his chest.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited by _Emi_ on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
TrooperBari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quote
Name: TrooperBari ... Troop for short.

Blood Type: O positive

Location: Nebraska native, now just another unwanted white boy in Hawaii

Ethnicity: A subtle, oaky blend of English, Scottish, German and Swedish.

Religion: Church of Bill Hicks

Pets: None, aside from the cockroaches.

Drink/Smoke: No booze or smokes of any kind. I have enough vices as it is, thanks.

Likes: Soccer, books/movies/stories/speakers that make me think, newspapers, driving long distances on open interstate, mountains, drum corps, being the black sheep of the family.

Dislikes: Racism, pettiness, people who order chicken teriyaki at a sushi joint.

Favorite anime: Kamichu, Ai Yori Aoshi, Fullmetal Alchemist, Nausicaa, Kanon (2006), Magic Knight Rayearth, Serial Experiments: Lain, any Shinkai work ... that's enough for now.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Monster, Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Welcome to the N.H.K., Yakitate Japan

Favorite Books: Cosmos, Death by Black Hole, Kitchen Confidential, Flat Back Four, Miracle of Castel di Sangro, Good Omens, The Zombie Survival Handbook, World War Z, I'm Back for More Cash, anything from the Gonzo Papers and Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs.

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VI (or III, take your pick). Honorable mention -- Rival Schools

Favorite TV shows/Movies: No Reservations, Mythbusters, Father Ted, Firefly, Spaced, Good Eats, Iron Chef (the original), Fawlty Towers, MST3K; Serenity, Blues Brothers, Shaun of the Dead, Ocean's Eleven (the remake), Godzilla: Final Wars, Stalag 17.

Favorite Drink: Used to be Diet Mt. Dew, but since I quit caffeine, I'll go with any of the flavored Aquafina drinks.

Favorite Foods: Just about any Italian dish with homemade pasta, shepherd's pie, curry rice, curry ramen, sushi, pupusas, bibimbap, Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Favorite Sites: BigSoccer, Irish Trojan, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, L.A. Times, Kansas City Star, The Guardian, Sinfest ... and JournalismJobs.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer and baseball

Favorite Music: I pick and choose stuff from almost any genre, but classical, jazz and blues dominate my collection. Much love for Beethoven, Shostakovich, Copland and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Job: Wandering hack/journalist

Hobbies: Work doesn't leave me with much in the way of free time. Reading, writing, wrestling with existentialism ... Jesuchristo, I'm boring.

Fun facts about TrooperBari:
Arrow Got chewed out by a mayor for using the word 'stench' instead of 'odor' in a story about sewer systems.
Arrow Hasn't spent more than two years in any one city since 1999
Arrow Been accused of being a liberal wacko, a right-wing nut job, a government pawn, a subversive, anti-government agent and a snappy dresser.
Arrow Takes offense at that last accusation.

Favorite Quotes: "Life is too important to be taken seriously." -- Oscar Wilde

"I love music, it's not like math. Two plus two can equal five, if you make a pretty enough five." -- Sam Hazo

"I find cheese a great aid to creative writing, although medical science hasn't caught up with me on this yet." -- James Richardson

"Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish — a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow — to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested... Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll." -- Hunter S. Thompson

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." -- Henry John Kaiser
rx8ryder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
Name: Jun

Marital Status: Want a girl... but i'm not in a rush to get one...

Ethnicity: Filipino

Religion: Christian

Drink/Smoke: Used to drink heavily but I just drink one glass. Used to smoke.

Likes: Old skool rap, stand-up comedy, freestyle rapping, sports, anime, video games, and cars.

Dislikes: People with too much cologne or perfume, school, fake people, and gangs (used to be in it... well let's call it inactive since I'm not officially out till I die...)

Favorite Anime: DBZ, Naruto, Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Bleach, and many more!

Favorite Manga: I don't read it... I watch it (anime)

Favorite Books: Going back to my 7th grade days I'd say Hatchet... But I don't read many books...

Favorite games: Half-Life series, SSBB, Madden, NBA Live, Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, GTA, Final Fantasy 7, Mega Man (from classic to EXE... the rest of the games feel rushed), Zelda series, and how can I say no to Mario games???

Favorite TV shows: 90's cartoons (spider-man was my favorites), Chappelle Show, SNL, MadTV, NBC Dateline

Favorite Movies: Harold and Kumar 1 and 2, Spider-Man, Scarface, Godfather, Boyz n the Hood, Menace II Society, Batman Begins, Borat, Rambo, Bond Movies, Jackass 1 and 2.

Favorite Drink: St. Ides, Pepsi, Powerade, Water

Favorite Foods: Filipino food, Japanese food, anything but pickles, eggplants and stuff that my religion forbids me to eat (but I think pork is good... just cook it right and ur good)

Favorite Sites: NBA.com, NFL.com, ANN, Youtube, Veoh, Facebook, Friendster, Wiki, Imeem, Google, and Yahoo Answers (great for homeworK!)

Favorite Sport (to watch): NBA (Go Lakers!), NFL, Boxing (Big fan of Manny Pacquiao)

Favorite Sport (to play): Football, Basketball, and a lil bit of Volleyball

Favorite Music: old skool rap, rnb, j-pop (way better than our pop music in america)

Job: Student

Facts:

-Believe it or not I used to be a gang member... or inactive like I said earlier. Not gonna say which gang but I was in it from 10 years old to 15. In and out of juvenile and expelled from 2 schools

-I hate math

-From peoples opinions, I am a stand-up comedian, nice guy, always respectful but shy to the ladies, best uncle a kid can have, smart (but not at math), strong, athletic, talented.

-Wants to be a video game designer and a part time rapper (I will NOT rap about jewels, money, and start going "superman that hoe")

Favorite Quotes: Hey homeboy! - Bulma calling Vegeta (early funimation dub)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 55 of 233