• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most unheard of anime you have

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:41 pm Reply with quote
What is the anime you own that you almost never hear of and never heard of before you bought it?Mine is Battle Skippers.
rstump312

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Ultraman II, it's a Canadian dub DVD of the anime version of Ultraman (Orginally known as "The Ultraman" or "Ultraman Jonias" in Japan). I find it oddly awesome. I mean, the dub is quite awful, but it's Ultraman, and that's what counts.

I got it for about $5.00 Laughing
caulfield

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Angel's Egg
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:20 pm Reply with quote
KO Century Beast and Ryu Knight. Like what? Only five people know about KO Century Beast and thankfully Right Stuf is bringing it over. It's a great OAV I tell ya.

As for Ryu Knight it was hugely popular in Japan, but reminds highly obscure in the States.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I remember Ryu Knight, I think. Innit the one with the, uh, guy and his HUGE gun?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:04 am Reply with quote
The closest thing I got to obscure anime is the DarkStalkers OVA series. But I don't think that it is really that obscure. Everything else I have I'm sure everyone here has at least heard about.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:30 am Reply with quote
That would be Bakuen Campus Guardress. Damn, I love that series!
The_Kat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:21 am Reply with quote
Ping Pong Club. To be honest I thought this was pretty well known but everyone gives me a "meh?" expression whenever I mention it.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:49 am Reply with quote
Rey-Rey

A softcore hentai that no one has ever heard of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
hakootoko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:07 am Reply with quote
ReiRei isn't so unusual, either, since it did get an R1 release years ago... one of the two H titles I own.

How about Arion? That seems to have been forgotten by anime fans. Son of Poseiden and Demeter goes forth and kills the whole Greek pantheon so he can marry his sister.

I guess Hameln the Violinist is fairly well known, since it got decent fansub distribution.

Karura Mau? Serious supernatural story about twins who hunt ghosts and demons.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:51 am Reply with quote
The_Kat wrote:
Ping Pong Club. To be honest I thought this was pretty well known but everyone gives me a "meh?" expression whenever I mention it.

I love Ping Pong Club! It's so stupid it's funny. Yeah, one of those... Very Happy
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Cooking Master Boy and Grander Musashi Cooking and Fishing. *L*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shinji th3 l0s3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:31 pm Reply with quote
mine would have to be U-Jinn Brand, also its the only VHS in my collection.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Obviously, it would be Yokohama Shopping Log, the only import (Region 2) anime DVD I own, which I have to watch on my computer because my standalone DVD players are Region 1 only. I have the DVD with the original 2 episodes from 1998, and the 1st new OVA episode is on its way from CD Japan to my house (sent this week), but I probably won't get to watch it until January, because of the Christmas/New Year's mail slowdown. I paid $56 American for a single half-hour episode... I don't want to think what that would be in Canadian dollars (wrote it off as a Christmas present, but I don't know if I'll be able to buy the other new episode, or possibly "episodes").
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The most obscure title in my collection would have to be either Twin Signal or The Girl from Phantasia.

Riding Bean would probably come in a close third. I would like to think that a lot of Bubblegum Crisis and Gall Force fans would be familiar with it, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.
Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3