• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Summer 2012 - The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

It got changed to an OVA, so I don't know how the streaming would work in that regard if there's any at all. That's kind of dangerous, as streaming a direct to video project that requires profit from every single disc to continue its funding probably shouldn't be put up for free, legally on the internet.

I thought it had gotten changed to an OVA but the list made it sound like it was a tv show. Darn, was really looking forward to that one.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
It's like K-ON because 4 girls plus 2 guys are all pulled from the clubs they wanted to join and are all forced into the same club. they then sit around talking about their interest, brest sizes, and occasionally swaping bodies, and how each one felt about the others "endowments"

Uh... K-ON isn't like that at all, except for the sitting around and talking part.

sorry I wasn't clear parts in bold are k-on like. I am still surprised how the trailer can be 200% better then the actual show. and I said it was like an ecchi version of it
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
... Can it be Spring again? Please?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
It's like K-ON because 4 girls plus 2 guys are all pulled from the clubs they wanted to join and are all forced into the same club. they then sit around talking about their interest, brest sizes, and occasionally swaping bodies, and how each one felt about the others "endowments"

Uh... K-ON isn't like that at all, except for the sitting around and talking part.

sorry I wasn't clear parts in bold are k-on like. I am still surprised how the trailer can be 200% better then the actual show. and I said it was like an ecchi version of it

Its still nothing at all like K-On. Have you even seen K-On?
Daichi09

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I like how ANN never puts the TV channel or start time for any of the "featured" anime. >_> Is it all that difficult to have this information if your going to have a full page dedicated to these shows?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

None of them were pulled from clubs they wanted to join and forced into the light music club. Mugi was persuaded away from her first choice, sure, but no one forced her. Yui had no idea what club to join in the first place.

Daichi09 wrote:
I like how ANN never puts the TV channel or start time for any of the "featured" anime. >_> Is it all that difficult to have this information if your going to have a full page dedicated to these shows?

I imagine they think we don't need that info since most of us will be watching the shows online. But yeah, it would nice to know the air date and start time.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Daichi09 wrote:

http://randomc.net/2012/06/20/summer-2012-preview/

This is a good guide for all the show times and channels.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I have seen all of season 1 of k-on and a lot of season 2. forced would be a bad way of phrasing it but Ritsu did almost drag Mio along at first. Tsumugi was heavily pushed into the light music club and yui got drafted with no experince after she told mio and ritsu that they sucked. it is atleast similar and I am sure when they pitched the series that is how they phrased it to the execs who happily approved it since anything slightly approaching K-ON levels of money is music to their ears.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Pitches, eh?

"So it's about 4 girls who come together and form a club where they play music."

vs.

"So it's about 3 girls and 2 guys, a bunch of misfits forced to form a club together where they swap minds."

Oh yeah, totally sounds exactly the same to me.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Pitches, eh?

"So it's about 4 girls who come together and form a club where they play music."

vs.

"So it's about 4 girls and 2 guys, forced to form a club together where they put out a newsletter and talk about each other, and happen to swap minds."

have you seen the character designs and the preair? and I corrected your quote so it's actually factually correct with what we know
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Pitches, eh?

vs.

"So it's about 4 girls and 2 guys, forced to form a club together where they put out a newsletter and talk about each other, and happen to swap minds."

have you seen the character designs and the preair? and I corrected your quote so it's actually factually correct with what we know

The character design means literally nothing. Is Sword Art Online a Working! rip off just because the same person did anime character designs? All it means is that they hired a popular character designer to work on the anime.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

The character designs have jack all to do with the content of the show.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

The character designs have jack all to do with the content of the show.

yes but the preair does and apparently I am the only one who actually watched it, because no one has ever challenged me with actual content from that, watch the first episode tomarow and tell me if I am nuts.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh I watched the pre air and not once did I see a musical instrument, a tea set, or a single slice of cake. Also, the body swapping thing is set up as the main thrust of the story, as opposed to K-ON which was more "they talk and sometimes play instruments."

Okay, Aki Toyosaki is also in the show, but that's just as superficial as the character designs.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

yes but the preair does and apparently I am the only one who actually watched it, because no one has ever challenged me with actual content from that, watch the first episode tomarow and tell me if I am nuts.

I certainly plan to, but if you seriously think K-On and Kokoro Connect have anything in common other than a seiyuu and character designs, I don't think anything we could say would make a difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 31