• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 3rd New TV Commercial Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
honestly speaking , i dont want tommy heavenly 6 and sid to do themes for fma..i just cant get myself to like them..i would have prefered l'arc en ciel any day..Uverworld is also amazing..seriously ..and in some other forums i read that SID is doing the opening and CHATMONCHY is doing the ending theme..
that is seriously bad..

and i seriously didn't like asterisk ar all...
whereas lost heaven was my favourite from FMA SERIES..
cnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote
http://www.hagaren.jp/about/artist.html

Can anyone translate this??????
cnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
http://www.hagaren.jp/about/artist.html

Can anyone translate this??????

It says that the first Ending theme for the anime Fullmetal alchemist will be performed by the japanese rock band SID . The ending will be titled 'Uso"(Lie)..The single will release on 29th April 2009.
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, that seems confirmed, then!

About Lost Heaven - well, different strokes for different folks Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 am Reply with quote
where has everyone gone????
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quote
So, SID for the ED is confirmed? Well, I think it's good, but we'll have to listen to the song to really tell.

In another forum I also heard that the anime will start from when Roy and Riza are in the Eastern HQ. °_°

Are they starting more forward into the manga, than having a flashback? I'm starting to think so... and it isn't a bad idea at all, in my opinion.

P.S. This plot info apparently is in Roy and Riza's characters profiles in the official Hagaren site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote
sariachan i think u got that info from munou and tombow's posts in hagaren forums...that means the anime will begin from the beginin of the manga..right...
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Yes; I check there too for the latest info (if you're talking about the forums at http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/, at least). ^^

P.S. There is a rumour around about Roy's seyiuu being replaced by Urahara Kisuke's one.

I'm pretty neutral about seiyuu (in that: whoever they chose, I believe they will do a great job), but if they really are going to replace Roy's voice actor, i must say that I really like Kisuke's one. ^^
I'm sorry for previous Roy's fans though, which could have preferred to have back the old voice for him (if this rumour is true). For me it doesn't really make any difference since I didn't like this character pretty much, in the anime (I liked it more in the manga, even if he not among my favourite ones).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Come on, Roy is exactly the same character in the first anime as he is in the manga, just with slightly different circumstances.

It's too bad if they're replacing his VA. Toru Okawa was an excellent Roy, with this smugness to his voice, and a big booming yell when necessary. His English voice, Travis Willingham, was only ever able to capture that first quality. I didn't ever buy his barking of commands.

Also, I too browse the fullmetal-alchemist.com forums from time to time, especially these days (for obvious reasons).

The complete second "half" of the first series is coming out in a boxset this month, so I'll be grabbing that and watching in anticipation of the new series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote
If Okawa Toru gets replaced, I'm not watching this. Same with Neya Michiko, Satou Yuuko, and Yamaguchi Mayumi. I can't believe they'd recast a fangirl favorite like Roy, though - hopefully this is just another rumor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote
this is just crazy..people dont watch this anime because the seiyu cast is not the same..that is really crazy..y dont v give the new person a chance...and moreover it hasn't been confirmed yet...

sariachan- yes i was talkin about those forums alright. and ur idea of starting the anime(flashback stuff ) was just too cooool..i hope that is how they start the anime..
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quote
^ Exactly.

After all, there are so many skilled seiyuu that I don't really see where is the problem.

I would even have been fine if they replaced Romi Paku herself, and she is my favourite Japanese voice actress ever!
Pf course I'm still happy they didn't, but it wouldn't have been a problem for me, really.
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
i myself am a big fan of okawa toru..but its not like as if the new guy sux...quite an experienced fellow(kisuke urahara-bleach)..yeah and romi paku is my favourite japanes va too..i would have been a bit disappointed if she wasnt bought back ,,but that would not have been my reason for skipping this ANIME...
BTW its not even confirmed..we will have to wait for the edition of shonen gangan to know the TRUTH behind the TRUTH.....lol Laughing Laughing
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
On a side note: I know a person in the United States that is selling the first FMA novel (The Land of Sand). It's used but in good condition.

If someone is interested, please send me a pm.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Viz translate those novels a while back?

Also, that voice actor in question, Shinichiro Miki, was also the (first) Lockon Stratos in Gundam 00 and Allen Schezar in Vision of Escaflowne, so it's not like he's inexperienced. He's even rather good. I would just prefer Toru Okawa.

It won't prevent me from watching if Roy's voice is replaced, but it will be a shame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7