• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitase

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the updates and the recommendation xD If I have anything else about the DVDs I'll probably post it here.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
I am also watching Aoi Hana and my impression of it is that it is nothing short of miraculous (so far). I just watched ep 8 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My input on it centers on Kyoko whom I can sympathize with because if you love someone enough, as long as you can't be with them, you might be happy if they are at least happy with someone else. Then it was unintentionally leaked about the spoiler[separation of Yasuko and Fumi.] When she said to Acchan "you shouldn't have told me that" she passed it off as possibly causing awkwardness if they were meeting during summer break.

But I think at that very moment she was very hurt deep inside. So I feel very sorry for Kyoko, kind of ironic because I always saw her as the antagonist figure in the love equation earlier on in the series. But now her and Fumi seem to get along really well and can relate with each other as both becoming more jaded when it comes to relationships with other girls.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:43 am Reply with quote
Well, late to the party as always. I instituted this ridiculous rule where I wouldn't watch a series until it had its full broadcast run because I'm so impatient and generally hate having to wait a week for new episodes. I've now seen all of Aoihana and really liked it. Loved the gorgeous animation and the characters and their situations.

I would have liked to have seen more with Fumi and Achan's burgeoning relationship, but if these are the only episodes that are ever made, I can live with it (although I'd be very happy if the story continues on).

spoiler[I thought Fumi's revelation that Achan was actually her first love, not her cousin as she had thought was beautifully handled.]

Well done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4