• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1/1-Scale 'Life-Size' Gundam (Finally, Really) Completed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thief_ac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Now when its 100% completed it looks outstanding Shocked
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
What they have to do is get it lying down and open its cockpit, but put a big tarp on it. Then wait for a sixteen year old shut-in mechanic/inventor to take command of it.

If that doesn't work, Tohru Furuya is the best pilot for Gundam. Don't listen to his excuses of just being a voice actor, cram him in that thing and send him off to fight North Korea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I chuckle a bit every time Adult Swim has this in one of their bumps because they play it up like they love Gundam and yet they got rid of it. Oh well, it's still just about the coolest thing I've seen.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
jonindarkrai wrote:
If i ever go to tokyo, I want to stop there , as well as the pokemon center(I LOVE POKEMON)what other anime attrations are there

I thought people were kidding when they said the Pokemon Center existed... have to add it to my MUST SEE list along with this Gundman now for certain...

Same with me.I'm also a pokemon fanatic,(got all three DS games and friend codes if anyone want them) so i adding that and that mammoth of a gundam are a must see for me.

Daimao Raki wrote:
With the way tecnology is going they'll have a whole army of Gundams by 2050.

That;s kinda farfetched if you ask me.I reallt doubt they'll have gundams in 2050,and if the mayan callenders and those 17th century schollars theory about 2012 being the apolocypse,we may not live to see 2050.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty freakin' cool.

Who knows, maybe Japan will go all out and open a park with life sized mechs. It could have stuff from Gundam, Macross, EVA, etc. Now that would be sweet. In a nerdy kind of way. Smile
ParonoiaAgent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
KiraKira_Aoi wrote:
Eventually, Japan will be able to have the whole thing walking around. We are all doomed. Doomed, I say! Laughing

After Hiroshima, we deserve it..................
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote
So epic Anime smile Hope it doesn't turn out to be a big waste of money.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator and a frequent director of the Gundam franchise, remarked on his surprise at how the statue's "toylike colors" looks against the city skyline.

I though the colors turned out a lot better then I imagined they would as well. You just wouldn't think that a giant animated robot that has a color scheme of bright red, blue, and yellow would translate to the real world that well. This is probable the greatest thing I've ever seen, aside from the Gundam U.C. universe of course.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Quote:
Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator and a frequent director of the Gundam franchise, remarked on his surprise at how the statue's "toylike colors" looks against the city skyline.

I though the colors turned out a lot better then I imagined they would as well. You just wouldn't think that a giant animated robot that has a color scheme of bright red, blue, and yellow would translate to the real world that well. This is probable the greatest thing I've ever seen, aside from the Gundam U.C. universe of course.

Sure, UC's great, so long as you aren't Australian.
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
ParonoiaAgent wrote:
KiraKira_Aoi wrote:
Eventually, Japan will be able to have the whole thing walking around. We are all doomed. Doomed, I say! Laughing

After Hiroshima, we deserve it..................

Yeah, just think how much less death & destruction there would have been if WWII had continued on & the allies had to stage a full scale invasion of mainland Japan...
sashaisme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't hardly watch Gundam, but this just brings us a step closer to... Wait... That ain't good! But wait, post apocalyptic is cool! It'll take some explaining for my parents to understand, but once it's done, people will be running toward it.

This is awesome, now for a life-sized Gurren Lagann... Yes... woah, am I really that weird?
The Abided

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote
It would be cool if they made a real Gundam, but it would be AWESOME if they made a real Pokemon!
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
It will be Japan's defense if North Korea decides to attack them. ;D
gamersglory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I chuckle a bit every time Adult Swim has this in one of their bumps because they play it up like they love Gundam and yet they got rid of it. Oh well, it's still just about the coolest thing I've seen.

ya they pretty much come out in there bumps and say they hate anime something about ratings
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
During the month of August, the 2016 Tokyo Olympic/Paralympic Bid Committee's logo will be affixed to the statue to promote the city's efforts to bring the games to Japan.

Now now. We managed to make a successful Olympic bid, but affixing a committee logo to a full-scale model Dalek wasn't necessary in our case...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3