• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psycho-Pass (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:54 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 1

A 45 minutes first episode. Shimotsuki is now chief, and we have two new main characters, both dudes. Kind of left me a bit iffy on that, since the female protagonist, Akane, was one of the things that I liked about this sci-fi cop show. Was waiting the entire episode for where Akane was, and popped up right at the end, and I am not sure I understand what is going on with her, she locked up or something. Sucks, because the things I would want out of this show is not so much gore, some sci-fi stuff, and a character like Akane.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 am Reply with quote
S3, 1:

There's a big departure in directing style here compared to the previous seasons. The first two seasons were textbook cyberpunk dystopia, but now it's taking a more neo-noir route. This season, it's about old-school detective stories, and if that's not enough, Arata's insistence on old-school investigating rather than turning to analysts (and the "we're detective" statement) are dead giveaways.

And this brings to Arata's Special-A-Class Mentalist Skill mumbo-jumbo (let's just call it max empathy). I don't like it. See, in mysteries, what makes a great detective is his deductive skills especially in the absence of evident clues. In carefully crafted crimes, detectives have to work with a lot of missing info, and a big part of that is knowledge of victims' (and perpetrators') motives. In today's age the best method we have is forensics, but even that is for deducting circumstantial evidence. Extreme empathy? Sounds more like terribly convenient plot device to me.

Another thing I don't like? The whole immigration thing. Immigration (or anti-immigration, whichever) is a RL hot-button topic and every movie/series/anime is hopping on the bandwagon to give their social commentary about it. But Psycho-Pass has never been about all that. Season one is about sadistic villains, and truth be told it was my favorite season (much thanks to Gen Urobutcher for the series composition). Season two is a continuation, but imho the second half went over the top. These two seasons worked well eventually, but the whole anti-isolationist theme was never a focus. This only started in the movie, when the Sibyl System became an export (god, that one had too much Engrish dialogue).

I see a lot of parallels between the anti-isolationist theme and Japan's RL imperialist past. The country had an isolationist policy for over 200 years, and even to this day there are strong nationalist (read: anti-immigrant/xenophobic) sentiments. The refugees (who are mostly people of color? Who knew!) causing trouble for Japanese locals? Japan being the only peaceful country in the world that's currently rife with chaos and disorder (this wasn't the focus for the first two seasons, as mentioned), and people are seeking refuge here? That's fodder for right-wing rhetoric. I'm not sure where this show is going with this; I hope it knows what it's doing.

Not sure what to feel about this season, purely based on first impression. It's a mixed bag for now, and it's taking some risks by trying to do something different.

My only consolation: Shion <3 She hasn't changed; I hope she never changes (basically any character by Miyuki Sawashiro is <333333)
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
Finally come round to watching the first long pilot episode. Everyone who hated the second season and didn't watch the series of movies will have no idea what happened between the first season and the start of this one. Just as well, I didn't like the second season plot as much as the first but respected it for what it was since Production I.G. and Gen Urobochi have tied things together in this season. Makishima may have failed in his plot to force Japan open by destroying the food supply, but it appears waves of immigrants have landed on Japan's shores although the audience is not privy to the details regarding the circumstances. Refugees appear to be from SEA (the SEAN link from the feature-length movie) and from other parts like the Russian Far-East and Europe/United States.

Where's Kunizuka Yayoi? She's one of the mainstays from the series so far but hasn't shown up. Sho is the only survivor of Section 1 from Season 2 and he's getting bullied by the new male Enforcers. Kisaragi Mao was mentioned as being part of a different section in season 1, but it looks like she's been transferred.

Tsunemori Akane is in jail, while her former junior Shimotsuki who decided to play by the rules has benefited from her special link with the Hive. Looking at the ED, Kougami is going to feature in this season so something must have happened which led to such a huge shakeup in the Section 1 membership from Season 2 and the end of Sinners 3.

As for the new enforcers, the Mentalist inspector seems to be some kind of Trojan Horse with a hidden agenda which he shares with the new immigrant Inspector with the military background. Ex-captain Suou Teppei looks like he's either dead (hints of accidents in Section 1?!) or transferred to Foreign Affairs (Sinners 2). That special ability of his is going to give him insights which even the combined abilities of Kougami and Akane cannot match by the looks of things.

This is the first time this series the detectives are taking on an organisation that opposes society rather than a lone mastermind with assistance, but how it'll pan out remains to be seen as it appears the new inspectors are taking on forces much larger than they can perceive.

Last edited by Harleyquin on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
PSA for American viewers:
Season 3 is actually on Amazon Prime Video, and apparently has been, but searching "Psycho-Pass 3" will not bring it up.
You must search Psycho-Pass3 with no space in order to find it.
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Laelaps-Calling/dp/B07ZHHQN88
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:21 pm Reply with quote

I had thought the first episode was a double-header without checking the broadcast schedule. Turns out the 8 episodes are all 60 minutes long, so this series gives more content than anything else airing this quarter.

With this episode, all of the previous Section 1 members bar Kunizuka Yayoi are now accounted for. If the VA Itou Shizuka isn't available this season, that character has either been killed off or is given an extended vacation for this airing. Another reference to Sinners 2 in this episode, but it seems Tsunemori Akane took the fall for something huge in order to get the rest of her ex-team members on the trail of the foxes still hiding in plain sight.

I wonder how the Foreign Affairs special team won its cooperation from the Sibyll system. The Dominator's reaction in this episode is exactly the same as the one shown in Sinners 2, otherwise he would have been blown to pieces since he's almost certainly over 300 based on his exploits from season 1.

The series appears to be structured into mini-arcs, with one crime taking place amidst the backdrop of an enormous conspiracy framing the rest of the season. What I like about this season is its introduction of other aspects of this futuristic society which were not really explored in the two previous seasons. Who knew MMA featuring humans and robots would turn out to be a therapeutic tool on a mass scale?

I don't know if the two male Enforcers in this season can be trusted. They play up the "dirty cop" stereotype too much for my taste. They may not understand Arata Shindou's special ability, but seeing his score go briefly above 100 during one of his trances might be used against him if they so choose.

The former idol turned budding politician in this week's episode is more than she appears to be. Shindou recognises one of his own, so if she's really responsible for the apparent suicide in order to hide something then it'll be some work to dig out the dirt. The mysterious Bifrost trio continue their game behind the scenes, but are their actions tied to the revenge both of the new Inspectors appear to seek?
ACxS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 am Reply with quote
2:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our housing bubble.

Let's get this straight: moral hazards and diffusion of responsibility deter the Sybil System's ability to judge culprits. Hence, white-collar crimes are rampant... wait a minute, is this show making fun of real life? Indeed it is: housing bubbles, immigration crises, celebrity politicians, idols falling from grace, etc. Conclusion: Psycho-Pass 3 is about contemporary social commentary. It's already suspect in the last episode, but now it's clear as day. I can't complain; it makes this season more socially relevant than the previous season, and the new direction style - from the previously action-laden seasons to a more CSI: LV-esque investigative theme - is a welcoming change.

I get that this season focuses more on evil corporations and organizations than evil individuals. That's good; we know how difficult it is to incriminate organizations even in real life, and Sybil System's inability to judge in such cases is proof of that. The culprits behind the *housing bubble is a prime example: are the people responsible for them susceptible to criminal charges? Pfft, just look at real life; crises benefit the culprits (and getting away scot free!) and victimize everyone else. Here's it's obvious the culprit (i.e. Sasagawa) has not-good intentions but in real life you know it's not easy to tell.

Okay, enough about the social commentary part. Other things that made me wonder:

- Suddenly we are introduced to a special "race" known as Mentalists. Don't know why we didn't know about them in previous seasons... was Makishima a Mentalist? I thought he was an unexplained anomaly who proves the fallibility of an otherwise "perfect" Sibyl System?
- Akane is under house arrest awaiting her sentence... what happened to her? Was it because she let Kogami off the hook from the PP: Movie storyline? Which, brings me to my next point...
- Kogami got promoted to Ministry of Foreign Affairs? After going against the System by killing Makishima and going Rambo in some foreign country? What happened here?
- PP3 is now a series with double-length episodes. I'm neutral about it, but I like how each case is split across episodes. Episode 1 is about introducing the new members, and case #1. Episode 2: closure to case #1, and cliffhanger break to case #2. Episode 3... well, you see the pattern here. I approve this.
- Not exactly a fan of Arata, still. He proves to be someone who can do everything, i.e. a Kirito. Never liked such characters; I will only start liking him once he f**ks up one way or another.
- "Inugami Murders"? Had to look that one up. Clever reference.

*I sense the hubris that this current age is paying for the sins of the past, the sin here being the housing bubble. Pfft, so they've found a solution for this? I'd like to hear what this is.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
ACxS wrote:
2:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our housing bubble.

Let's get this straight: moral hazards and diffusion of responsibility deter the Sybil System's ability to judge culprits. Hence, white-collar crimes are rampant... wait a minute, is this show making fun of real life? Indeed it is: housing bubbles, immigration crises, celebrity politicians, idols falling from grace, etc. Conclusion: Psycho-Pass 3 is about contemporary social commentary. It's already suspect in the last episode, but now it's clear as day. I can't complain; it makes this season more socially relevant than the previous season, and the new direction style - from the previously action-laden seasons to a more CSI: LV-esque investigative theme - is a welcoming change.

I get that this season focuses more on evil corporations and organizations than evil individuals. That's good; we know how difficult it is to incriminate organizations even in real life, and Sybil System's inability to judge in such cases is proof of that. The culprits behind the *housing bubble is a prime example: are the people responsible for them susceptible to criminal charges? Pfft, just look at real life; crises benefit the culprits (and getting away scot free!) and victimize everyone else. Here's it's obvious the culprit (i.e. Sasagawa) has not-good intentions but in real life you know it's not easy to tell.

Okay, enough about the social commentary part. Other things that made me wonder:

- Suddenly we are introduced to a special "race" known as Mentalists. Don't know why we didn't know about them in previous seasons... was Makishima a Mentalist? I thought he was an unexplained anomaly who proves the fallibility of an otherwise "perfect" Sibyl System?
- Akane is under house arrest awaiting her sentence... what happened to her? Was it because she let Kogami off the hook from the PP: Movie storyline? Which, brings me to my next point...
- Kogami got promoted to Ministry of Foreign Affairs? After going against the System by killing Makishima and going Rambo in some foreign country? What happened here?
- PP3 is now a series with double-length episodes. I'm neutral about it, but I like how each case is split across episodes. Episode 1 is about introducing the new members, and case #1. Episode 2: closure to case #1, and cliffhanger break to case #2. Episode 3... well, you see the pattern here. I approve this.
- Not exactly a fan of Arata, still. He proves to be someone who can do everything, i.e. a Kirito. Never liked such characters; I will only start liking him once he f**ks up one way or another.
- "Inugami Murders"? Had to look that one up. Clever reference.

*I sense the hubris that this current age is paying for the sins of the past, the sin here being the housing bubble. Pfft, so they've found a solution for this? I'd like to hear what this is.

For Kougami's current situation, viewers who didn't watch the Sinners 3 movie (恩讐の彼方へ) will no doubt be confused as to what happened to him between the feature-length movie and this season. There's a reason why Production I.G. took the trouble to release the 50 minute mini-movies earlier this year prior to this season's airing.

Tsunemori Akane is not under house arrest: she has been stripped of her former status and is effectively on Death Row. She's in the same holding cells as Professor Saiga Jouji was in season 2, but it appears she's not being kept alive for her value as a point of reference like Saiga back in season 2. The series has been very vague as to what crime she committed that got her in this state, but her ex-colleagues say she's happy to be executed in return for the consequences of her actions giving an opening for the law enforcement hounds to hunt down previously untouchable targets (the foxes Kougami referenced in this week's episode).

There is a difference between Makishima and Shindou Arata. The former was what was classified in the series as 免罪体質者, born with the innate ability to commit crimes yet remain unpunished by the hive mind because they gave off no biological markers of stress or guilt which usually give people away when they've committed a crime. Both villains in the first two season were born with this condition, which makes them very valuable to the hive mind as incorporating them makes it easier to close the net by sealing off loopholes.

The latter has a talent for "reconstructing" the last moments of a victim at a crime scene and accurately reading the personalities and mindsets of people around him. However when he does his "dives", he relives the last moments of the victim which brings about enough mental stress and anguish to raise the crime coefficient to enforcement levels. The Mentalist talent allows him to calm down quickly and reset his mental state to normal levels, which has an added bonus of allowing Mentalists to hide what they're really thinking from others with sharp observational insight. The guest ex-singer is a Mentalist as she is able to keep her mental slate clean through her talents, whilst also being capable of scheming for crimes much more easily than her normal counterparts. Being a Mentalist is not the same as being someone like Makishima though, Makishima can literally kill a person in cold blood and not have a crime coefficient going over 50, if a Mentalist tried to do the same the reading would briefly breach the enforcement level before quickly coming down again to safe levels.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 am Reply with quote
Kind of felt like how he said that the idol could be a good mentalist, with all that level of control over their stress levels or whatever, could be similar to Akane's uncanny ability to adapt, and not from a lack of morals. I am kind of wondering where the idol might fit in with these individuals from the ones brought into Sybil, to Akane's ability to keep asking questions, and this new guy.

If this season continues to do double episodes, I am kind of into it. Makes me think of things like the American TV shows that became the rage in narratives, the longer episode lengths drawing you more into the world and threading the different arcs into a larger narrative that does not feel as separated by usual length. I am also into how this season seems to have continued to not feel the need to focus on things like gore and grotesque creations of serial killers. Sure this episode showed a character's dead body and someone totally blew up from, but it never felt like it dwelt on them like something morbidly beautiful as the body expands.

I am much more interested in crimes expanding into things like finance crimes and political intrigue. As ACxS said, you could make real comparisons to current events, where people go unpunished for purposefully exploiting a system for personal profit while knowingly hurting others, and these weird celebrity politicians. As it stands, seems pretty easy to hate the wrestler guy for standing with a party for eugenics, the concept is kind of super gross if the Psycho Pass world allows that. So wonder how the idol woman could be a party of lesser evils, yet if she is responsible for what happened to her previous colleagues, and if perhaps she killed the new victim too out of revenge for stalking her.

So, yeah, I feel better about this season after the second episode, and feel a bit more invested.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm Reply with quote

This is a more complex case than the previous story arc. The inspectors don't have it their own way this time because this there is far less cooperation and the mysterious Bifrost trio is more active in its interference. On the other hand, the case does more to reveal the backgrounds of the new cast members. Irie is an ex-hoodlum who has gone from poacher to gamekeeper, while Todoroki is an ex-elite who has been ostracized by his own clan for his perceived shortcomings. The enforcers are doing their own digging into their new superiors, which isn't difficult since it's clear Tsunemori is still working with her old subordinate and has asked him to take care of them as best he can.

All of the old Section 1 members are now accounted for, but the final revelation is a surprising one. It's unheard of for latent criminals to leave Public Safety legally, so I'm curious to know how she did it or what strings were pulled to get her out. Regardless, they need her help since they are short on manpower and she's capable of assisting the team in her own right.

Tsunemori is on death row for alleged murder?! They've got to tell that story eventually, especially as her ex-colleagues understand she took the fall willingly to expose something huge.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59 am Reply with quote
What does it say that the end of the episode has more wonder if Yayoi and Shion are still in a relationship, or split?

Anyway, the boys seem to have some interesting history with each other, and apparently either one recommended by two people who did not get along. So much teasing about Akane!
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 am Reply with quote
Just finished the three-episode movie prelude to this season. Good to watch, though not necessary per se to understand what's going on in this season.

3:

Oof, we're going deep with the theme of the week: discrimination.

There's something inherently heinous about discrimination (and in a way, natural). Whether it be in the form of cross-borders (xenophobia for Ignatov), genetics (scientific racism for Tenma) or excommunication (ostracism for Irie), there's something viscerally hurtful about it. It's the stuff that all kinds of scientists are always fascinated to know about, be in the animal kingdom or human societies. At least for Irie it seems he left the underworld on his own terms and retains his dignity. For the other two, I sympathize their situation.

Now it's clear that crime coefficients can be used to discriminate people considered to have inferior genes. One can cry foul and argue just how wrong this is, but tell that to extreme right-wing theorists. It's only obvious why the Yakushiji party is pro-eugenics (and probably ultra-nationalists... I mean they're accused of being fascists already, right?).

The biggest mysteries of the show are the Bifrost (aka New World Order of Japan) and the relationship between Shindo and Ignatov. It's implied that they're connected, but how they're connected is going to be the main plot.

Is Yakushiji a world slapping champion? I mean, daaaayum that needs to be made into a GIF.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 pm Reply with quote

That's the election arc wrapped up cleanly within the air-time. First time this has happened all series, so it's a fresh slate starting next week. Besides the explicit social commentary going on in this episode (helicopter conversation, chat in the enforcer mess room), the overarching plot got a shot in the arm with the later half of the show.

Like the other case beforehand, it seems those involved are being manipulated as pawns in a giant chessboard. The mysterious Bifrost trio are playing a grand scheme using assets which they "gamble" as collateral hoping for a huge payoff determinant on results. It seems they got what they wanted, since the Sibyll System has its hands full worrying about a newly-elected governor who won with hitherto illegal AI help. The foxes have Hounds on their tail now, especially as the previously suspicious Enforcers Temma and Irie are now fully behind their new superiors.

I wonder why Yakushiji lost his privileges, especially when the Inspectors concluded he was just a pawn being played and not part of the conspiracy. Perhaps it was the truth he was told which shook him so badly he now has the mental signs of a latent criminal and needs therapy to keep himself on the straight path. That, or he really had a hand in the bot network mentioned last week which would have been just as illegal as use of the AI program was in the other camp. Considering he had Enomiya's business card among his personal effects and he visibly gave a reaction when hearing Enomiya's name, it appears he was in cahoots with the "Second Inspector", enough to cost him his privileges despite not being directly involved in the debate attack.

Two inspectors removed, one killed in an "accident" and the other incarcerated. Hopefully there's more to this in the episodes to come. The plot is getting more interesting especially after the surprising revelation that Tsunemori hacked into an information network and acquired Irie as a matter of course.

Last edited by Harleyquin on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 am Reply with quote
Oddly, Yakushiji kind of too empathetic to have been the one involved, kind of looked like he may have taken it really hard how things were used on his side to manipulate a win out of him and people getting hurt. A point taken, that he is oddly genuine.

Karina on the other hand seems an opposed ingenuine, good at hiding her motives, and used tricks of an AI to boost her chances. But despite how she even self identifies, I don't think she was actually a bad person, rather having a genuine interest in people being peaceful and safe, with the idea of using psychological manipulative elements to keep people happy. Yet, would it even be a bad thing when she is not literally in a eugenics party?She was also pretty cute with Arata, wondering if there is a spark there. Arata in general was pretty insane in this episode, getting a good idea of the crazy physical stuff he can do when pushed. Loved his question to Karina if she trusts him, which got an of course not.

Also, felt weird whenever they said Ma-Karina. Kept making me think they were saying the people were being manipulated by the Macarena.

Seemed that the goal of the villains was to send a message perhaps that people could be lead by artificial intelligence, even knowingly approve, and maybe Sibyl could not pick up on it. Sibyl and everyone does seem to be aware of them now, and question about what actual goals are. Also, seems we know the case that landed Akane in confinement, and at the very least it would seem Sibyl may be interested to find out the truth, which could mean good for her. Wondering how this is all being pulled off, which kind of gives me a quick thought on what if someone inside Sibyl (a brain) is involved, to explain things, but not much of evidence yet.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote

Heeeeeeeey Ma-Karina, ahh!

Ah neuroscience, the 'cool' topic in every book on the nonfiction shelf. What once is meant for understanding how the brain works, is now being exploited for social engineering purposes. But that's the thing, right? Anything that can be used can definitely be abused, so if Dr. Tsuchiya had intended to use it to overcome trauma, it can also be used for controlling crowds and swaying public opinion (of course, with the big help of Deepfake).

"Politics should be thrilling", says Karina? At least she's self-aware that she's no angel. The whole problem with our own political system (perhaps more so for the American one) is that it's turning into one big reality TV show (and you know how fake 'reality TV' is). Public debates (I've personally never been a fan of it), celebrity politicians who win mostly because of sheer charisma, and again Deepfake. "People readily accept information without critical thought?". Haha... oof, ought be ashamed of ourselves.

I like how PP3 touches on contemporary social issues... but that's the problem. The show is set about a century from today, and yet they're discussing issues that seem relevant to us in 2019? I thought it should have more futuristic problems; the ones they seem to touch on might even seem obsolete in hindsight. Harari has already elaborated in his book 'Homo Deus' about how AI will become better than us, with the idea of 'dataism' ("An AI controlling humans? Is that even possible?" Aren't you a hundred years late to start thinking that in 22nd century, since that's already happening in 21st century?). AI already knows a lot of things about us, perhaps more than we do. Just go look at G**gle.

Lastly, two things: one, it's great to see Yayoi back (and hear that Enforcers can reintegrate into society). Two, Shindo messed up. Good, I like him a bit more now. The use of holograms didn't occur to him, and he even got misled by his diagnosis own of Karina as a Mentalist (red herring!).

I'm gradually liking this show more.

P.S. It's becoming obvious that Roundrobin / Bifrost is a rival of Sibyl: an AI behemoth used to game the latter, the victor being the one to run the country. Not sure what exactly is the difference between the two; one might be the system, and the other is the organization and its members.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Past the halfway point, and each week I look forward to what we're treated to next. There's always social commentary with each episode, but I agree with most of the assertions put forward about this show with regards to organised religion and its capacity for crowd control, moral guidance and as a cover for secular misdeeds.

Isn't it a really bad idea to pair Kisaragi up with Kei when she's linked to the foxes? I'll bet it was Azusawa who sent the roses, but Kisaragi does not appear happy to play the mole. The Enforcers were suspected when the current duo's predecessors met with that accident, so she might have had a hand with the car sabotage. If she's doing it under duress, it'll have to revealed sooner or later if she's to keep her place in the squad. One thing in her favour, the only Enforcer who went against the team did so on his own volition, but she doesn't have the same modus operandi and hasn't revealed anything that proves she has it in for the current Inspectors. Another thing in her favour, she's probably not going to betray Ignatov while they're working together if her reaction to the pairing was any indication.

I'm going to call it outright and say Mai's operation is going to be sabotaged by Bifrost. It's too good a handle not to use and Bifrost are not scrupulous when it comes down to achieving their goals. The question is, will it produce the desired effect? The three of them have a really strong bond as they've sworn to uncover the case which resulted in the death of their loved ones, Shindou Arata probably knew the Ignatovs from his time in Dejima and through his father's work.

The Buddhist leader and his name suggest he's one of the ex-SEUN rebels who have sought asylum in Japan. That, or he's an ex-member of the Tibet-Himalayan rebel groups featured in Sinners 3. The Heaven's Gate leader has the same background as Inspector 1, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's a potential Fox or one of Azusawa's colleagues. The church leader was keeping O'Brien's relative alive under her care, so has she been eliminated for the secrets she was keeping? All of the religious leaders and main suspects have clear coefficients, so the infiltration has to bring up the goods or there'll be hell to pay for the two inspectors. The comical scene featuring Shimotsuki had me laughing as she tries her best not to explode at the actions of her two oddball subordinates.

Kunizuka plays an outsize cameo role in this series relative to her ex-teammates, but I have a feeling the audience will be seeing the Foreign Affairs Hit Squad in action sooner or later. It would be quite a twist if the blonde leader was in league with the Foxes, especially when her subordinates almost certainly aren't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 43 of 44