• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4,101 Watch Evangelion 3.0 at Tokyo's Wald 9 Early

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Saw "Nerawareta Gakuen" ("The Targeted School") instead, and literally had the whole auditorium to myself. Egad, the lens flares in that thing!

YES. I saw the movie on the first day (mainly for the butai aisatsu with the cast afterwards) and while the animation was nice, they really, REALLY overused lens flares. It was so distracting! I also found the story hard to follow.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Now begins the long wait to for Funimation to release and dub it here in America..hell 2014 is way to long away.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
"Nerawareta Gakuen" tangent:

GokuMew2 wrote:
YES. [...] I also found the story hard to follow.

Me too. I had read the original novel shortly before seeing the film, but some things still didn't seem to add up. I thought I might have missed some things because of the language barrier, but nope; turns out a lot of people are confused by the same stuff over on 2chan.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Now begins the long wait to for Funimation to release and dub it here in America..hell 2014 is way to long away.

I suggest you watch it when it becomes available online because if they follow the same trend as with 2.0 it might take them almost 2 years to get the dub out.

I personally will watch the 1st raw camrip when it comes out (in bad quality), then later I'll buy the Japanese version [which comes with subs] and finally even later ill pick up the funi version. Unless your a fan of eva like me, just wait for the Japanese home video release and people will post fully subbed online in HD. Very Happy
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
How wonderful for you to assume people illegally download things. SOME of us wait for legal releases, or watch through other legal channels (such as Keyhole).
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
How wonderful for you to assume people illegally download things. SOME of us wait for legal releases, or watch through other legal channels (such as Keyhole).

Same here, I buy my anime legally and I watch it legally online too, BUT I dont wait for legal streams for my favorite franchises, I watch it when it becomes available. I've been anticipating this movie for 3.5 years now---plus I know ill buy both blu rays so "I give a crap not" to watch it online illegally rather than waiting for years
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2