• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Code Geass Project's Launch Revealed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badkarma 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I ain't never saw such polarization amongst the these folks! But then again this is about Code Geass,a show that does make you think. As far as I see it CG was more about chooseing the lesser of two evils much as it is in real war. However it's still fiction. As for the Black Knights being right for what they did,well I ask only this; Why did they continue to fight after Japan had gained its independence? Also some blindly follow because of ignorance or naiveity(Kallen). No the BKs or for from being innocent pawns of Zero!
Badkarma 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I ain't never saw such polarization amongst the these folks! But then again this is about Code Geass,a show that does make you think. As far as I see it CG was more about chooseing the lesser of two evils much as it is in real war. However it's still fiction. As for the Black Knights being right for what they did,well I ask only this; Why did they continue to fight after Japan had gained its independence? Also some blindly follow because of ignorance or naiveity(Kallen). No the BKs or for from being innocent pawns of Zero!
pparker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Pparker, all you have to know about the Geass fandom is that your the first person other than myself that thinks the Black Knights where right to do what they did.

It's not a matter of right or wrong from a personal moral or ethical viewpoint on my part. It's right because that's the way humans would react, with lends realism to the fiction. I'll leave it to someone else to argue their actions. My only expectation or hope is that a.) the writer creates an interesting universe, b.) doesn't violate the rules or continuity of whatever universe they have established, c.) creates complex and unique characters, and d.) has them act and react authentically in that universe. Beyond that, the difference is in their talent for spinning a tale.

Bottom line is that although one can gain insight from fiction, and argue its quality and messages, it is still entertainment. I just don't take any of it that seriously.
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It always amuses me when people try to psychoanalyze works of fictions, whether it be literary classics or contemporary fictions.

What is the author trying to say? More often than not, I'd suspect, he or she is just letting his/her imaginations runs wild. Trying to spin an interesting story that'll sell to earn a living. Nothing more than that.

And when that particular item becomes popular and they're put in a spot during interviews, what can they say to satisfy their audiences? Probably come up with some answers that's profound enough so people will eagerly await what they'll produce next.

Fiction is just that. Fiction. Usually preposterous with unlikely scenarios and characters.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
eaglestorm wrote:
It always amuses me when people try to psychoanalyze works of fictions, whether it be literary classics or contemporary fictions.

What is the author trying to say? More often than not, I'd suspect, he or she is just letting his/her imaginations runs wild. Trying to spin an interesting story that'll sell to earn a living. Nothing more than that.

And when that particular item becomes popular and they're put in a spot during interviews, what can they say to satisfy their audiences? Probably come up with some answers that's profound enough so people will eagerly await what they'll produce next.

Fiction is just that. Fiction. Usually preposterous with unlikely scenarios and characters.

pparker wrote:
Bottom line is that although one can gain insight from fiction, and argue its quality and messages, it is still entertainment. I just don't take any of it that seriously.

What a sad little unimaginative age that we live in, were that is the leading opinion on things. sigh...

Several opinions on this meditate upon them,

“Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures.”
and
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie."

and finally this bit here
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5547505.ece

In short: Get inspired instead of just mindlessly consuming.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Exactly, you can't run around promosing intelligent discussion, and a deep meaning, make a horribly written series, where your character is a lunatic whose personality is all over the board and then claim that "it's just fiction, and fiction is meant to entertain".

If Code Geass was just meant to entertain than cut the crap and just entertain me. Instead of giving me half ass reasons for why Charles did what he did give me Charles sitting on a throne of skulls, drinking blood out of a human skull.

Lelouch is a popular character because he has a nice voice, is good looking ,and he waves his arms around. His not particular well developed, he goes from laughing as he commits his latest atrocity to whining about his latest atrocity in the very next episode. This is continually repeated over and over again. Apparently where supposed to believe his a well developed character because of this but his not, he just goes from one extreme to the next. Instead of Lelouch being a cutout, his two cutouts.
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
Get inspired by Code Geass? Hmmm...

Few works of fiction are worth re-visiting, let alone give anyone any sort of inspirations. And there's definitely none that's worth getting upset over.

As for that article, I do find it pretentious, to say the least. But that's 1 way to get published...
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Exactly, you can't run around promosing intelligent discussion, and a deep meaning, make a horribly written series, where your character is a lunatic whose personality is all over the board and then claim that "it's just fiction, and fiction is meant to entertain".

If Code Geass was just meant to entertain than cut the crap and just entertain me. Instead of giving me half ass reasons for why Charles did what he did give me Charles sitting on a throne of skulls, drinking blood out of a human skull.

Lelouch is a popular character because he has a nice voice, is good looking ,and he waves his arms around. His not particular well developed, he goes from laughing as he commits his latest atrocity to whining about his latest atrocity in the very next episode. This is continually repeated over and over again. Apparently where supposed to believe his a well developed character because of this but his not, he just goes from one extreme to the next. Instead of Lelouch being a cutout, his two cutouts.

Ummmm...okay so what is your goal and what are you trying to prove and why again? Confused I should also mention that it's easier to prove things to people when you bother to produce sentences with proper spelling and coherent analysis. Finally I'm going to call you a flat out coward now because if you had any balls and conviction you'd still be trying to peddle this pure misguided hatred to posters on AS right now in some form or another since clearly it is your raison d'etre. I bet they banned you from doing this though didn't they though? If so good on them because it's pure topic derailment and you should be ashamed of yourself for it.

To others I still just cannot understand the silly hate towards this work of fiction that leads people to make a cause out of dissuading people from enjoying and appreciating Code Geass as the enterainment media it is. Just what is the point and what will it accomplish at the end of the day? I say just let the damn company make the damn show and whatever results shall result. Personally I don't think the anime seen has much to lose the way it's been going.

Last edited by Kaioshin_Sama on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
New project? I'm still waiting for the first season on Blu-ray Wink
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 am Reply with quote
So the new project isn't even animation!? How disapointing... Sad
nightjuan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
If people can even have intelligent discussions about Naruto or Bleach, none of which are that "deep" either, I don't think there's a requirement somewhere that restricts such things to works with a high literary value or award-winning writing. What's so wrong about that? Wink

Quote:
Update 4: The franchise's computer website has posted a page devoted to the new project. The page has a message from Code Geass producer Yoshitaka Kawaguchi. According to Kawaguchi, the new project will feature the simultanteous releases of comic series, music, new products under development, and visual works. More details will be revealed in the January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine, which ships this week.

I don't think this means there is nothing planned in terms of animation, it's just a roundabout way of saying there's more to it than that. In short, they're announcing that the new project will involve plenty of other media.
JGonspy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
eaglestorm wrote:
Get inspired by Code Geass? Hmmm...

Few works of fiction are worth re-visiting, let alone give anyone any sort of inspirations. And there's definitely none that's worth getting upset over.

I don't know if he meant Code Geass specifically, but there are a huge number of works of fiction that have a large amount of substance and depth.

Your experience depends more on you than anyone else, that's sort of the point of a subjective reading, and a great explanation as to why so many people (who aren't me) enjoy Code Geass.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I haven't even started R2 yet and they're making a new Code Geass. The question is will it be as good as the first. Well, it's Sunrise, notorious for milking something good.
reikakou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Its a CG manga during the edo era with CC in it...

http://www.ggkthx.org/page/2/
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quote
reikakou wrote:
Its a CG manga during the edo era with CC in it...

http://www.ggkthx.org/page/2/

I heard about that manga project in the edo era and it'll feature a guy that looks like lelouch. though i kinda doubt it since the trailer had zero. I'm preety sure it's an adapation of the Nightmare of nunally manga . whatever the project is i hope that's the case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12