• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected' Anime to Air in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well theres a Da Capo anime in the Winter so its not like they've abandoned making those kinds of anime either.

Indeed. In any case, your Mashiroiro Symphonys and KoiChoco's are far and away better anime in every aspect than the likes of Kono Aozora, W:Wish, Wind: A Breath of Heart, Shuffle!, Gift: Eternal Rainbow, and so on. Maybe it is just being in widescreen and HD.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It'll be funny to see you all bash on "It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!" if that ever gets an anime, just because it has an extremely long title and you assume before you read or watch. I think they've moved onto romcom LNs because they're running low on VNs. There's only so many times you can adapt Da Capo or ToHeart with different school uniforms. Be glad these anime actually look presentable these days, we'll likely never have another Crescent Love.

Actually i really enjoyed the manga for that. I really hope it gets an anime soon since its one of the few manga i like that haven't gotten an anime yet. We rarely get many manga adaptions though now a days. Its all LNs. (though we really need a hakomari anime...great LN series and its fully translated!)
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
The author's debut work (this is his second) won the Shogakukan Light Novel Award Grand Prize, which is fairly difficult to get and isn't always awarded. You can expect at least a little more out of this than a cookie cutter show.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
The author's debut work (this is his second) won the Shogakukan Light Novel Award Grand Prize, which is fairly difficult to get and isn't always awarded. You can expect at least a little more out of this than a cookie cutter show.

When you need to get D's to get awarded something, it's not a very prestigious prize. And it being hard to get means nothing. In a class full of flunking students, of course the one who's barely passing looks impressive. But they're still barely passing.

Also I would totally watch a It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular! anime
Chipp12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgQeoZXUq-8
Here's PV for the novels. With animation and voice acting.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Or the reason for the long titles could just be typical Japanese respectfulness; they want their audience to know the entire plot before they've even opened the cover.

Reminds us of the old Sailor Moon episode titles that basically summarize the episodes (so ya can keep up the story just by following the titles). Laughing

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I think they've moved onto romcom LNs because they're running low on VNs.

What LNs are in Japan, YA novels are in America these days. Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Reminds us of the old Sailor Moon episode titles that basically summarize the episodes (so ya can keep up the story just by following the titles). Laughing

Don't forget Dragonball Z.

Examples include:

"A Great Transformation on a Moonlit Night! The Secret of Gohan's Power"

"We're Off Into Space! The Star of Hope is Piccolo's Homeland"

"Surprise Attack!! The Elder's Target was the Scouters"

And so on and so forth.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It'll be funny to see you all bash on "It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!" if that ever gets an anime, just because it has an extremely long title and you assume before you read or watch.

With all due respect man, the whole "getting defensive over people judging a show before watching it" is getting annoyingly old.

Look, first of all, I'm aware of that title and the manga from what I've read so far is fine. it's not great, but it's fine. Second, I had and openly said my first impression about the title, not the show yet. Regardless of whether this is a pet peeve to you, I don't feel wrong to say the title is really long as first impression of a show. Alright? I just don't, especially when various other light novels in the past are guilty of doing the same thing. I don't care what the excuse is, long titles based on what examples I've seen so far are usually not that catchy and creative to me. Usually! They can be, mind you. But it depends on what the title itself is.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Indeed. In any case, your Mashiroiro Symphonys and KoiChoco's are far and away better anime in every aspect than the likes of Kono Aozora, W:Wish, Wind: A Breath of Heart, Shuffle!, Gift: Eternal Rainbow, and so on. Maybe it is just being in widescreen and HD.

*blinks* Mashiroiro Symphony sucked, absolutely sucked {Pick a usuable POV or use objective storytelling and stand by it; It's not that hard.} while I like Shuffle!; Though I only like Shuffle! because the creators of the anime knew the premise {"Heaven or Hell! Which would you choose!?"} was utter junk so they dropped it right after the first episode. Good choice on their part.

Love, Election and Chocolate? {if that is what you mean. This habit of name condensing is getting out of hand. Love choc, is this really acceptable?}? I watched the first episode and I liked it even if it's generic. Really, really generic. I'd watch more but Anime Network has their head up their ass as usual as they only have one up where I watch online.

And if I have to go out of my way to look for it, I may as well download a fansub. Which is easier. Really, really easier...

Anyway, to the topic; "My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected."...
"I Don't Have Many Friends" meets the manga "Fujimwara-kun Mates" or maybe it's better to say it's exactly "I Don't Have Many Friends" except the guy's the only antisocial one. I see...

It'a more popular, yeah, it would be wouldn't it? None of the girls in "I Don't Have Many Friends" are "waifu" material. That was obvious, wasn't it?

Quote:

Also I would totally watch a It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular! anime

Now that would be awesome. Not as awesome {or likely} as a Fujimura-Kuns Mates anime but up there. It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular doesn't have enough characters to make a show. Yet. Maybe.

And as for Japan's habit of long titles, nothing beats Fujimura-kun Mates. Examples:

Chapter 27."Although the Author Has Established Eriko as the Main Heroine, as the Editor, I Have Suddenly Decided to Support Shizuru"

And chapter 28's rebuttal. "I Apologize For the Awful Subtitle Last Chapter That Was a Result of Me Leaving It to My Editor. However, I Will Not Be Correcting or Reflecting on It"

Now that's satire.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
When you need to get D's to get awarded something, it's not a very prestigious prize. And it being hard to get means nothing. In a class full of flunking students, of course the one who's barely passing looks impressive. But they're still barely passing.
So, are we going on the assumption that all light novels are automatically terrible then? Because that's inane, especially when I know you think highly of a couple recent LN adaptations.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
And as for Japan's habit of long titles, nothing beats Fujimura-kun Mates. Examples:

Chapter 27."Although the Author Has Established Eriko as the Main Heroine, as the Editor, I Have Suddenly Decided to Support Shizuru"

And chapter 28's rebuttal. "I Apologize For the Awful Subtitle Last Chapter That Was a Result of Me Leaving It to My Editor. However, I Will Not Be Correcting or Reflecting on It"

Now that's satire.

Gintama.
Ep.75. "Complain About Your Job Outside of Your House, Not Inside! Since That's the Case, I'll Complain a Bit, Okay? "Land of the Samurai", it's Been a Long Time Since Our Country Has Been Called That... It's Been One and a Half-Years Since the Anime That Began That Way Started. A Lot of Stuff Has Happened Since Then, Huh? And Well, We Thought it Was About Time to Look Back and Reflect on it, But No, You Guys Said, "God, a Recap Episode? Are You Guys Getting Lazy?" Hey it's Hard to Make an Anime, So Stop Complaining!"
Ep.111 "Definitely Do Not Let Your Girlfriend See the Things You Use for Crossdressing / There's Almost a 100% Chance of Forgetting One's Vinyl Umbrella and Then Hating Oneself"
Ep.114 "When Sweet and Spicy Things Are Switched... / They Say That Adding Soy Sauce to Pudding Gives the Taste of Sea Urchin, But Really, Adding Soy Sauce to Pudding Only Gives the Taste of Soy Sauce and Pudding"
Aaaand Gintama' Ep. 38 "You know those year-end parties where you keep drinking until you've forgotten everything that happened the past year? There are a few things you're not supposed to forget"
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Love, Election and Chocolate? {if that is what you mean. This habit of name condensing is getting out of hand. Love choc, is this really acceptable?}?

Take it up with the Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2