• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Delays Releases of Code Geass, Gundam 00

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quote
Again??!! I hope that Bandai gets it together sometime soon. It sure doesn't look good when they keep pushing back releases. I can't imagine that it's good for their bottom line.

I'll definitely be buying them regardless since I'm a big fan of Code Geass and Gundam 00, but enough is enough. How many delays are they're going to be? At least they didn't push back Kurokami again.

Honestly, I'd like to be hearing news like "Bandai announces that Code Geass will be released on Blu-ray" rather than "We'll release the DVDs eventually" - which is what it feels like. *Sigh* Oh well. It just means that we'll have to wait a bit longer. At least they didn't announce any cancelations.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quote
Anime Legends re-release of the Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy? Sure, I'll double dip. I got the the Movie Trilogy via the Movie Collection that brought Char's Counterattack and 08th MS Team's Miller's Report. The movies were sub only for that release, so this is a good chance to get them dubbed as well.

EDIT: Well, it looks like the movie releases were sub only to begin with, so I'll pass, unless Bandai does a new dub with the Ocean Group. But that's unlikely to happen given it's a re-issue of what I already have.

Last edited by Son-kun on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quote
Well f*ck.

I was going to order these before I left for Japan next month but obviously now they won't arrive in time!! ARGH!!!
gunshottrigun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote
I'm okay with that really. March is a big month for me in anime releases, so I don't mind waiting. Between Ponyo, Gundam Unicorn v. 1, Eva 1.11, and Eureka Seven: Good Night (blah blah blah whatever Bandai renamed it) it is going to be rough on the wallet. The anime legends release of the movies is pretty exciting and I will definitely be buying that, better than the older (now out of stock almost everywhere) $70~80 set they originally release.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quote
This is very concerning. The titles in question are of no personal concern to me but constantly pushing back releases like this can not be a good thing or a good sign about how Bandai is doing.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:50 am Reply with quote
gunshottrigun wrote:
The anime legends release of the movies is pretty exciting and I will definitely be buying that, better than the older (now out of stock almost everywhere) $70~80 set they originally release.

Yeah. Wonder if 0080 is up for a re-release as well.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quote
This delay better mean that they've decided to put out artboxes for the series in question. Mad
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
*Sigh* I really thought this last Geass volume would be delay-free... guess I underestimated Bandai.

Like was said above, it would be nice if they reconsidered adding a box but I doubt it. This has been an excruciating release. 2010 and the series has yet to be fully out on physical media. x____x

I'll be sure to get it again if it's released on bluray since it's my favorite show. (I guess a late 2011 release then delayed for 2012?)
Kyjin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
I thought something was fishy when the box art for the last Geass volume still wasn't up on amazon or rightstuf...

I'm not that surprised by the delay; I think every release for R2 has been delayed a bit. :/ Come on Bandai! I want my dvds!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
As long as it gets released, it's okay by me.
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
How is this even news? They've delayed every title for the past year.
Basroil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Well this is the final straw for me. With my purchase of the final Code Geass R2 set that will be my final Bandai Ent. purchase as far as new releases go. Bandai is just looking too shaky to me and I don't want to be stuck with partial discs of a series when they go under. I'll reconsider my position when (if) all these delays stop.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
Talk about your bonified sales killer! I am as forgiving as they come, but Geass will be my last Bandai purchase of any series that has not had its series released in its entirety. I honestly think the home office is likely to close down Bandai Entertainment ala Geneon - although that is entirely my opinion, I have nothing to back that up other than the feeling all these delays give me.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
no no, this is because they figured they'd need an extra month to prepare to deal with all the defective disc that will be sent back to them after they're released. see, they're planning ahead for a change.
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote
While I'm grateful for the delay of Gundam 00 money wise, I TRULY HATE that Bandai has delayed EVERY RELEASE OF 00!! What the hell is going on over there in Bandai land? Can't they get a release out on time? This is truly frustrating & Bandai just doesn't seem to care! I'm still going buy 00 because I've committed to finishing this series. The nice part is that I can save and pre-order before April 6th.

I'm also very happy to learn about the release of the classic Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy! I bet it will be delayed too! But since it's becoming damn too expensive or impossible to collect the MSG TV series in North America anymore, the Movie Trilogy will be nice to have in the foreseeable future.

Now if Bandai would get off it behind and get us a real Ocean Studios non-Blue Water Studios dubbing of Zeta Gundam - A New Translation & the other previously unreleased Gundam series. Not to mention get Gundam & the rest of Bandai's library into iTunes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3