• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm: LO Manga's Return Planned

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
@Key

With the new information that has been released today, at least posted at Sankaku, seems to depict a publisher that seems to be going over its inventory and editing it for content. What was once acceptable is no longer political correct.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
@Key

With the new information that has been released today, at least posted at Sankaku, seems to depict a publisher that seems to be going over its inventory and editing it for content. What was once acceptable is no longer political correct.

This is not new information. As linked in this article, ANN reported on the content issue when the manga went on hiatus in June.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

If legal dept had an issue, then it's best to alter it. Businesses are suppose to work with their legal department, not insult it.

As far as insults go. I'd call it a 2-way street.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
@Key

This is not new information. As linked in this article, ANN reported on the content issue when the manga went on hiatus in June.

Wasn't talking about the content issue, as you said that is old news. Mainly was referring to what was said between the mangaka and the publisher, of course that was Kishiro version of events. Doubt the publisher will make any public statement.

Seemed to be a more detailed account than what I have heard, but maybe you are right and it is all old news.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
@Key

Consider the reporting source, though. Sankaku Complex (a site I frequent on a daily basis) is, in my view, notorious for slanting the news to the poster's own agenda.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shuichi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
Huh. Well, hopefully Viz will be able to work things out with Kodansha, that's all I really care about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3