• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GJ Club (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
looking forward to seeing spoiler[Shion] cross dress next week
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
That's probably spoiler[one of Shion's brothers.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
that's possible as well
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

So it was spoiler[Shion crossdressing, actually the entire club did it and the genderbent] version was great. I really wanted to see spoiler[Kyoroko in the cute dress]. I would have also liked to have seen Tama in the cat stuff, she so fell Kyoro's comments although he doesn't seem to realize what he did, Unfortuantly Shion spoiler[did not look cute in nekomimi], she is just too cool for that. Well the entire were cool.

Geraldine comming in and carrying Kirara away was good, I wish we knew more about her over what they managed to fit in. And lol at the Mori that got brushed was apparently the mother, and that the daughter one called him a coward. Laughing And valentines day, Megumi went far.

I am a little sad at only one episode left, 1 more and it will probably be the seniors graduating. Anime cry some series can have 24 episodes over a year and there will be about 2 years in only 12. I do like the idea of maybe the junior high spinoff animated.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Where the hell did all of Shion's hair go?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
that last bit was rather confusing, but he got his chocolate so i guess all is well. Has Kyoro been reading Major this whole time? He was reading the last volume this episode
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
This was a cute show. I gave it a Good.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Same here. I don't have much to say overall on the finale or the entire series but it was kawaiiiiii.

spoiler[Kirara's backflip] = win.

Final rating: good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Starting right at the end of the day before graduation, and a great deal of episode was right before they graduated. Shion got a spoiler[canned drink with kyouya and thanking him as her knight of common sense]. Kirara holding a spoiler[proper conversation with him, turns out she writes better than she speaks, and getting her hair brushed]. Mao was too embarassed apparently, and put up her usual air. The senior girls spoiler[wore traditional Japanese clothes], I thought maybe it was some custom, but it was just them. And after a GJ-bu graduation it was the end, a bittersweet end. Obviously Kyouya is spoiler[the new president.]

This episode really hit me in an odd waym that it just did not feel right. I wanted to learn more about the characters, to laugh at their interactions, but it feels like it ended before I became as intimatly familiar with them as I wanted. And worst of all this was meant to be a fairly emotional farewell, but this just did not match up to what I have in me at the moment. I partially blame Sakurasou no Pet which finished lately with an amazing ending including a graduation, making this series' sad in comparison, and not the good kind of sad.

But I really enjoyed this series, it was a nice fluffy slice of life that just leaves me wanting more. This final episode was not your best, but Good Job GJ-bu, may it get an OVA *prays*. I will rate it as Good, but highly recomend it to fans of slice of life, I just wish there was romance.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
Eh, ending fell a bit flat for me. Rather than forcing the sentimentality they should have just stuck to the zany fun that worked in past episodes.

Still, overall it was a fun show.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
The sentimentality worked for me. The two best parts of the episode for me were Shion looking incredibly cute after she finally conquered the vending machine, and the look on Kyoro's face when he realised that Kirara was amazingly adept at texting.

I give this a Good as well, though it's on the high side (meaning it just missed on Very Good). A really enjoyable show, liked it a lot. Those girls are such lovable trolls.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The sentimentality worked for me. The two best parts of the episode for me were Shion looking incredibly cute after she finally conquered the vending machine, and the look on Kyoro's face when he realised that Kirara was amazingly adept at texting.

Yeah, those two parts were good because it was your usual GJ-Bu style silliness. The rest of the episode wasn't bad, just kinda meh.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to miss this show. would love to see a spin off focused on the little sisters. gave it a good rating
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
GJ Club@ (special)

46 minutes GJ goodness, that is a long OVA like thing to watch, much longer than I expected, and yet feels like it goes so fast. We had an altered OP for the sudden change in.... setting.

Suddenly thrown into the spoiler[clubroom being in New York, a post graduation trip], where they spoiler[as usual just hang around doing their own thing]. Followed by a bit of spoiler[Mao being down and avoiding Kyoro because she thinks they are separate paths], it did seem like it was pushing towards them being a possible couple, but it does not dare actually say anything.

The return of spoiler[Kyoroko] was a definite plus, him being spoiler[forced into a sexy cat"girl", and all of them getting annoyed at him looking good and enjoying it]. Returning gags are a good thing, makes look back fondly, like spoiler[Mori doing the turn].

I was quite happy to watch this, would make any day.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, 46 minutes of Gj Club fun. And this time it looks like they are at spoiler[New York but the club looks exactly the same]. God I miss this. It was a cute episode overall with the outfits and gags.

The spoiler[ED song was cool too with the girls jumping into the pool]. Now I post this image that I found to be cool:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5