• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Comparison Thread

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeguna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
This is a general thread for anyone who has questions about the content or quality of the discs in any particular release.

For my question, I'd like to know whether there is any difference between the dvds in the Escaflowne Perfect Collection and the later Anime Legends set.
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I would guess that most likely the discs are the same as the previous release. I can give an example of them doing this before. In the Anime Legends release of Cowboy Bebop, they used the "Re-mix" versions that they had released prior to the Anime Legends set.

Not really sure if they had the same "special features" and all that other stuff though, since I did not buy the "Re-mix" versions, and just have the Anime Legends set.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
I can't speak for the anime legends, but I do know the Perfect Collection discs are the same as the singles release (and the standard edition movie). A brief glance over at Amazon says both the Anime Legends and Super Legends releases have the same number of discs as the singles/perfect set. Since I'm sure if they were to re-author those, the first thing they'd do is cut back that 8 disc count, I'm guessing it's the same no matter what release you buy.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quote
In my experience, the Anime Legends line seems to always recycle singles, as well. I've rented several series from Netflix over the years that were released as singles and later noted when purchasing Legends that the discs were exactly the same, down to the printed labels. I was even able to replace a disc once buy buying a single for cheap off Amazon.

Best I can remember, I think the only difference I ever noted with my Anime Legends purchases were once the previews were updated with current releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1