• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Air (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlow00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
i have to agree
although AIR has been widely praised for its artwork
the way misuzu was drawn was kinda 'disturbing'

'gao'... hehe

and was potato imitating a pikachu
or was it a pikachu diguised as a dog??
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
gao... ahahaha... thats hot.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's the Key/Visual Arts way of showing art, well, many say that the girls in Kanon and Air look like 10-13 years... old... anyway, if you think Minagi is a 10-13 years old girl, then how old do you think Michiru is?

As for Potato Let's just imagine it's an evolve form of Pikachu

Pikachu = Pika Pika! Pika!
Pikochu = Piko Piko! Piko!

just kidding! that would be shocking! like you've been shock by Pikachu's electric attack.
jlow00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
since the series concentrated heavily on misuzu and yukito
do you think that the minor segments of the series
involving the other 2 girls contributed at all??
did their involvement have any worth??
dgreater1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how to answer this one...

as for the 2 girls, Minagi Tohno & Kano Kirishima

Minagi & Michiru

spoiler[their involvement in the story is somehow more related to the girl in the sky. I think that Michiru's existance comes from Minagi's wish to have a little sister. It came true due to the power of the feather left behind by the winged one. And their contribution to the story is that Michiru made happy memories that she will deliver to the girl in the sky. There are two Michiru existing at that time, one is the wish from the feather and the other is her father's daughter to another woman.]

Kano

spoiler[Remember the feather Kano found at the festival when she was a child? That feather was filled with sad memories of a mother that slitted herself in order save her baby from being a sacrifice. When Kano touched the feather, the thoughts of the feather was transferred to her and it is overcoming her. Then Yukito came to the rescue, he lets Kano communicate with the feather. Kano give thanks the figure which she assumed as her mother for giving birth to her, anyway, those words will definitely make a mother really happy, right?]

spoiler[I'm guessing it's like this... Michiru was an empty feather before, then she was filled with happy memories. While the feather Kano found contains sad memories that needs to be filled with happy memories. Then after giving it happy memories, it will be delivered to the girl in the sky]

spoiler[By the way, like I said before, this Anime is based on a Ren-Ai game which only allows you to choose 1 ending. Either choose Misuzu, Minagi or Kano Smile

one more thing to add... this Anime/Game is divided into three arc

The Dream Arc = focuses mainly on the three girl up to Yukito's sacrifice.
The Summer Arc = a story of a summer from 1000 years ago that relates to Misuzu, and it explains some of the question needed to be answer.
The Air Arc = a small recap from the Dream Arc and the continuation of the story after Yukito's sacrifice viewed within Sora's eyes.

Anyway, in the game, if you choose Misuzu, off course your ending would be in the Air Arc. Kano and Minagi story ends at Dream Arc
]

As for gakutaru.... have no idea what he/she is talking about Anime smile :

Sorry if I'm spoiling too much of the story Anime cry
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
Gakutaru's post:

la verdad no se que dice tu comentario pero yo vi el 1 y 2 capitulo de la serie y me parece realmente genial la serie aun asi no me he podido cnseguir los demas capitulos, y tampoco he podido bajar el opening de la serie gracias a la info de esta web pude opbtener el titulo, jejeje los que entiendad genial los que no ... ahi se ven

The truth is I don't know what your comment says, but I saw the first and second episodes of the series and it seems really great to me, even though I haven't been able to get the other episodes, and I haven't been able to download the opening of the series. Thanks to the info on this site, I learned the title, hehehe, great for those who understand, and those that don't. . .well, we'll see.
blackcyra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, I must be crazy because there were parts that made me all teary eye, which is something that's almost impossible for me even after watching a lot of supposedly sad animes.

I thought that the Air arc was so sad, especially how Haruko reacted during the parts when spoiler[Misuzu's real father wanted to take Misuzu away and when Misuzu died. Crying or Very sad ]

Also during the Dream Arc when spoiler[Michiru disappeared,] that got me a little watery too Sad

[/spoiler]
blackcyra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
Wow, I must be crazy because there were parts that made me all teary eye, which is something that's almost impossible for me even after watching a lot of supposedly sad animes.

I thought that the Air arc was so sad, especially how Haruko reacted during the parts when spoiler[Misuzu's real father wanted to take Misuzu away and when Misuzu died. Crying or Very sad ]

Also during the Dream Arc when spoiler[Michiru disappeared,] that got me a little watery too Sad

Edit: Sorry for the double post.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:25 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
Sorry if I'm spoiling too much of the story Anime cry

I've finished watching all of AIR now, for me you're not spoiling the story, you're making it even more meaningful Smile Thank you!
hikaru393

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quote
i'm on eps 11 and what's up with the crow on air?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
if i remember correctly: spoiler[the crow is Yukito.]
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Yep thats right. After you see the last episode the reason to why spoiler[Yukito is stil the crow is because he is still searching for the real girl in the sky at least from my understanding]. Really good series.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
is there going to be a sequel or does the manga go past the anime if there is a manga i want to find out what happens to yukito and i didn't really understand how did spoiler[muzuki or however you spell it die]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
No manga. Air is based on a renai game. Most likely it has multiple endings and may explain more. There's pretty much no chance of it coming to the US though since I think they're charging an insane amount of money to license it. Same for Kiminozo and Kanon.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i didn't really understand how did spoiler[muzuki or however you spell it die]

Well to understand how she died you would have had to pay great attention to those episodes with spoiler[the Samurai Guy, that servant women and the girl with the wings (haven't seen Air in a long time so i've forgotten some names). Anyways they explain that the Samurai and the servant are Yukito's ancestors and that his family have dedicated their lives to ending the curse of the girl with the wings being reincarnated and then dying. Each generation of Yukito's family had tried to prevent the reincarnation of the girl from dying and all have failed except this time Yukito accomplished something that his ancestors didn't. Instead of trying to find someone in which he could have offspring with to continue the family's work he became the crow to search for the girl instead. Thing is like all the reincarnations before the latest one they all ran out of time and died. The same just happened to the latest reincarnation. Just a different result with the person trying to prevent what was happening].

Anyways thats just my understanding from what happened in the last episodes.

"Believe it"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7