• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop License Updates

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Ahlstrom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
The art for Juror 13 is being done by a Japanese manga-ka in Japan...

And I think all of those titles were announced at Anime Expo or Comic-Con.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:
LeSomeGuy wrote:
Dragon Head is not really frightening, it's more of creepy feeling. Minetaro Mochizuki's other work, the one about a school was sent to the future, that one is frightening. I love both manga, because they shown the true human emotion and nature during the time of emergency.

Drifting Classroom, right? Yeah, I'd love to see them bring that one over as well. It reminded me somewhat of BR because of the themes you mentioned above (lets just hope that the similarities end there and that IF they get that title, it will be denied the 'honor' of a thorough dialogue rewrite ^^;; ).

Actually Drifting Classroom is by Umezu Kazuo, another master manga-ka. Mochizuki's other works, from what I've seen, aren't really horror.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:
LeSomeGuy wrote:
Dragon Head is not really frightening, it's more of creepy feeling. Minetaro Mochizuki's other work, the one about a school was sent to the future, that one is frightening. I love both manga, because they shown the true human emotion and nature during the time of emergency.

Drifting Classroom, right? Yeah, I'd love to see them bring that one over as well. It reminded me somewhat of BR because of the themes you mentioned above (lets just hope that the similarities end there and that IF they get that title, it will be denied the 'honor' of a thorough dialogue rewrite ^^;; ).

Didn't Kazuo Umezu do Drifting Classroom?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
They totally had advanced copies of Girls Bravo at Wizard World today and I totally screwed up and forgot to check it out Sad .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gusty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:37 am Reply with quote
I saw 'Dragon Head' and at first I thought it said 'Dragon Half' and was about to exclaim "Finally!" when I realized I'd read wrong. Oops.

Nothing against Dragon Head, but I'm truly surprised nobody's liscenced the Dragon Half manga considering the very short-lived anime series is such a fan favorite over here.
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
Also, there's a Girls BRAVO manga!?!

How do they jiggle on paper?

Didn't they announce Rozen Maiden a few weeks back? If so, they are going after all of my favorite series.

TP, I'm sorry I cheated on you. Del-Rey was just so pretty and they had new CLAMP... Sob. sob. I'll never stray again.

I also heard the same thing about Rozen Maiden, but they haven't listed anything on their website and they won't return my emails.

Not that I am surprised that they don't return my emails. It's not like I am anyone importent anyways. Rolling Eyes
manafairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
JHawkNH wrote:

I also heard the same thing about Rozen Maiden, but they haven't listed anything on their website and they won't return my emails.

Not that I am surprised that they don't return my emails. It's not like I am anyone importent anyways. Rolling Eyes

That's strange. Whenever I've emailed Tokyopop I've gotten a prompt and human response within a day or two. Although, I've never been able to get a response from Viz, but I've never had trouble getting one from Tokyopop. I don't think I'm a special exception, so that's kinda wierd that they never respond to your emails Neutral

That said, after reading all of the summaries, Dragon Head sounds like the only title that would interest me. It's kind of interesting that they should still license so many titles despite the "shelf space" problems that supposedly have caused the [in some cases utterly rediculous] release schedule slow down Rolling Eyes Not that I'm bitter or anything *goes back to waiting those 5 months for the next volume of Dragon Voice*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2