• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Goes Live-Action

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetcream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
Yay! A Kindaichi like drama, and I like Conan better as well. If there's no Conan character however, I don't suppose they will call it Detective Conan. Or maybe Shinichi is being renamed to Conan?
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:46 pm Reply with quote
sLight wrote:
Damn DC is the best, going on *bleep* to watch DC is like my daily thing after summerschool

Oooh...best not to say the Y word on these forums. Wink
cubs2084

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I love Detective Conan. But I don't see this working as live-action, especially a prequel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
I love Detective Conan. But I don't see this working as live-action, especially a prequel.

Would you rather they do it in current format?
sLight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
sLight wrote:
Damn DC is the best, going on *bleep* to watch DC is like my daily thing after summerschool

Oooh...best not to say the Y word on these forums. Wink

oh okay.. HAR HAR HAR JUST KIDDING Very Happy
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quote
Why are they bothering to make it a prequel anyway? It seems as if they just want to use recognized characters or something. I mean, Shinichi didn't have any major bad guys to chase. Those 'men in black' came when he was Conan. Then what are they going to do with his relationship with Ran? Plus they're already in high school... how younger would they be in a prequel?

It seems to be that rather than a prequel, it might/should be more of an 'alternate universe' type thing. Then they could do whatever they wanted. But if that's the case, I still don't really see why they need to use the Detective Conan characters, other than the simple fact that they just want to.
ParadoxCafe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote
They will call the show, "The Boy Who Never Shrank but was Supposed to." Lol, just joking. I think it would be better too if it was in an alternate universe. Just like Shorty22 said, Shinichi doesn't have any major enemies. Oh and the hair styles aren't the same but oh well. I mean Ran has weird hair anyway. But I still like her.
Oneiropolos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Shinichi DID have an 'enemy'- Kaitou Kid. One of the later anime episodes, in any case, sets it up so Kaitou Kid and Shinichi meet before the whole shrinking incident and the fight just continues between the thief and the detective. In any case, Kindaichi never had any 'major' enemies to begin with either, but still managed to have fascinating cases. I do suspect that it will be a bit of an alternate universe type deal, because otherwise the relationship between Ran and Shinichi could never advance either.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Its a detective show, all you need is an overly elaberate murder and someone to solve it. Besides Conan never advances the plot anyway, its been 50+ manga volumes and I really doubt he is much closer to getting his body back or catching the men in black or getting any further with Ran. So this new series won't have to be very different. The only real difference is that he won't have to speak through his bowtie to solve everything and people might actually listen to him. But that would make things to easy. Its probably set early enough in his career so that people still won't listen to him.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow a Live-Action Detective Conan series. I can't wait to see it. Anime smile I hope it'll be just as good as the anime.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Katsu Koneko wrote:
Wow a Live-Action Detective Conan series. I can't wait to see it. Anime smile I hope it'll be just as good as the anime.

Well, since this is a prequel to Conan, and since there is no manga prequel, you wouldn't know what to expect in this series. But we do know that Shinichi and Ran will be in there, and probably her parents too, as well as Hattori Heiji, I forgot who the prof's name is, and Kaito Kid.
Kurenai-Neko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote
*crosses fingers* please let Kaito be in it, please let Kaito be in it. At least Hakuba... *shameless Kaitou Kid + it's series fangirl* ahem. Anyway I'm a insanely happy that they are making a Conan live action. Actually...it's about time. I've been wondering for a long time if they would are not since it's not that much magicial oriented.

whats funny is that this is adding to my live-action high. first Nana's movie then PuriPuriD and now this. Anime hyper
momo90090

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
IS Detective conan movies same as the series ((episodes)) Exclamation ?
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The live action version is a prequel to the anime, in which Shin'ichi Kudo goes around solving mysteries. But I would imagine the style is the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2