• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh it sucks there is only 3 episodes left.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Mad Suzizome. Smile Don't mess with her.

Inari's feelings were only natural, it is not like she should expect herself to be a saint, even the gods are not exactly selfless.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Touka, Inari and Uka "enjoying" themselves.
Uka sure was having arranged date problems.
Inari was overdoing it by changing into Uka.
She was trying to help, but got herself into trouble instead.
Damn, Uka's mom is super scary!
Inari seriously needs to restrain herself from using divine power.
Uka & Touka totally had a moment there.
There is definitely something going on.
It's nice to see Inari can move even the hearts of gods.
Looks like things will get more intense.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I'm pretty sure spoiler[Touka is in love with Uka with the way he acted in the latest episode. Regardless, it's nice to meet Uka's family, especially her father. What a cool hair style! ]

The spoiler[arranged date/marriage felt kinda rushed though as being resolved in this single episode. More importantly is the human and Gods' argument relating to Uka/Inari's closeness. Uka is getting a bit of cooldown time for that too...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
Things are starting to feel a bit rushed now, it's a shame that there will only be 10 episodes...

Was it ever actually mentioned why Touka is able to see Uka despite not being given any godly powers (or did i miss that somehow?)? I totally dig his accent, btw...and i'm all in favour of Touka/Uka of course! Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Yes, I would like to know why Touka can see the gods. And it is strange how none of the gods are surprised that he can see them. Perhaps he is not a normal human and that will be a reason why he and Uka are allowed to be together in the end?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Uka's father sure looked dandy.
Her mother was also worth some laughs.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Uka in divine punishment.
Everyone sure was worried about her.
Inari and Tanbabashi should just confess to each other already.
Things got out of hand at the temple.
Guess it's not always smart to try and help everyone all the time.
Inari just keeps making trouble for Uka.
No matter the friendship, she's still just a teenage girl with feelings.
Touka is the only completely sane one.
He's the only one who sees how much strain sharing divine power has on Uka.
]
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

When Inari spoiler[turned evil for a sec,] I laughed out loud Laughing. It felt a bit out of character for a moment, even if it was because her spoiler[precious friend was lying on the ground]. Good episode though. I really liked the music at the end.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I thought Inari was going to go super saiyan there.

You'd think the Japanese of all peoples would know what an earthquake was.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:
Those girls piss me off when they were ignoring Inari and blaming shit on her. Although she is somewhat at fault there, I think one of them took it a bit too far. At any rate, I thought the episode was just okay and did a decent set up for the finale with that ending. I can't help but think this anime feels rushed though with 10 episodes on some parts so far though.

But yeah, I think this was probably one of the most serious episodes yet with minimal comedy. A good set up for the finale overall still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Just what purpose do the Shinto gods of this story actually meet? It gets annoying to me that their emphasis on separation of them and humanity seems so great that their existence is practically meaningless. Marriage meetings, lots of parties, sitting around getting bored... that seems to be their purpose.

It makes me wonder if this aspect, their almost complete lack of regard of humanity, might be a focus of the original story but it has gotten ignored to focus on just Uka and Inari.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Episode9

Inari spoiler[going blank eyed] was cool.

And they expect Uka to change her mind by locking her up, don't consider the chance that it might have the opposite effect. Or that they are letting a force that holds her life in their hands go almost entirely unchecked, like more mentally unstable with the above choice. As we all know gods are known for their wisdom and helping or at least affecting humans, right? It makes complete sense that their plans would backfire in almost every situation and Uka is punished for being friendly with humans.

I have been enjoying this.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
I don't think Shinto gods are supposed to have a purpose or exist for the sake of humans. They are basically supernatural beings who are neither good nor bad...and can be bribed with gifts. Wink But i could be wrong, i'm not a Shinto expert.

That said, the OMG, LOVE DRAMA!!! made me roll my eyes a bit, the show feels definitely rushed now. I hope we'll be getting a halfway decent final next week.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 9:
Those girls piss me off when they were ignoring Inari and blaming shit on her. Although she is somewhat at fault there, I think one of them took it a bit too far. At any rate, I thought the episode was just okay and did a decent set up for the finale with that ending. I can't help but think this anime feels rushed though with 10 episodes on some parts so far though.

But yeah, I think this was probably one of the most serious episodes yet with minimal comedy. A good set up for the finale overall still.

Normally such characters would piss me off as well but honestly i think they acted within reason for their friend. From their perspective it Inari was simply a girl putting up a facade that she was nice and pretended to help out their friend only to trample on her feelings by not giving her lover the letter and get closer to him herself. Are you telling me something like that wouldn't piss you off? Besides it's not like they started to pick on her or beat her up. The just told people to ignore her which by anime standards is pretty tame honestly.

I'm also glad that Inari didn't start going around hurting people. Don't we have enough shows where the MC goes insane and starts killing people? I don't think this series needs any of that. It shows us that the situation COULD have ended up like that but due to the close relationship of all the characters it prevents such tragedies from happening which in my opinion is in much better taste than having Inari going around killing folks which would defeat the purpose of everything the series has been about so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7