• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Week Friends (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
SAKI IS LOVE!!!

I've rated this title Very Good. Arggh, Spring 2014 was a strong season for me and now that it's wrapping up I feel like I'm saying good-bye to some treasured friends all at once.

Anyway, I look forward to the sequel "Two Week Friends" as well as the spin-off series, "Saki & Friends" which I hope runs longer than One Piece and Case Closed combined.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Are crepe wrappers edible?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
When you're in love? Yes.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
When you're in love? Yes.

Laughing

Love makes anything possible; hell I get on with you blood because of love Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

A very sweet ending to a very sweet anime, strangely was not as melodramatic as I expected.

I really am not sure what to rate it, I would give it either a high "Very Good" or a low "Excellent", as I think thematically it did very well, but I don't feel it as awesome ground-breaking as others could be. I think that I will go with a high Very Good, it is a must watch, something I was always looking forward to watch, even if it did nothing awesome.

Saki is absolutely adorable, and I think it was good to see an extra earnest side this episode. Multiple characters had their adorable side, Hase trying hard to help her, Fujimiya happy over the little things, and maybe even some of Shogo's embarrassed side. I can kind of feel Blood- comment about saying goodbye to friends. The artwork was also very pastel which I am not usually a big fan of, but I quickly liked this.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I found the ending to be very disappointing. :/

Maybe the manga has more to offer....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Why? If I had to guess I'd say that you were probably hoping for a more "romantic" ending, but I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
No, you're right. Anime hyper

But I also felt like nothing was resolved. It's not like that ruins the show though. It was a very cute anime.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Just about to start it so I'll let you know how it goes Wink

This is one series I'm happy to see end without much being resolved. For the problems she had I think as 12 episode series would be too short for a realistic resolution and it probably would have been more of a let down as the series hasn't finished. I will be damned if I have to see another ridiculous finale like Blue Exorcist's - would have been better to leave it as a cliff hanger Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Isn't being warned by the mother that spoiler[her father might hurt him] super romantic? I assume that is what was meant when she said that spoiler[she might've needed to call an ambulance]. Or maybe it was spoiler[about risk of heart attack], I am not sure.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
But I also felt like nothing was resolved.

I don't think that's quite true. To me, the dramatic question posed by the show was, "Will Fujimiya and Hase become true and lasting friends?" The show demonstrated various obstacles to the successful resolution of that question. Ultimately, the answer to the question posed was, spoiler["yes."]

The second dramatic question posed by the show was, "zomg, can Saki BE any cuter???" The answer there was, "no, Saki can be none more cuter." Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ultimately, the answer to the question posed was, spoiler["yes."]

True enough.

I guess I'm frustrated that there was no official romance despite being ship-teased to hell and back. Teasing is fine...but when there's no pay-off at the end, I get mad. Anime hyper If you're not gonna put them together, don't tease me! It's like holding a treat above a puppy's head and then putting it back in the box. :[

Kaori's source of trauma was a let-down as well. They built it up like something really awful happened...and then....."nope, not really. Just little girls being bratty."
*sigh*
12skippy21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The main question this series posed to me was whether people really do add sugar to their eggs?

As someone who does not really like romantic comedy shows this one entered the 'zomg why are these characters so god damn adorable' catergory. Bloody cuteness overrides my usual cynical pessimist demeanour.

I rate the show as good, I would have preferred one of the two couples getting together but I have have gotten used to a lack of resolution of this kind in anime.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:
The main question this series posed to me was whether people really do add sugar to their eggs?

They sure do. I always put both white and brown sugar on my fried egg sandwiches.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Short answer to this, is spoiler[no]

The manga and anime are spoiler[more or less the same, with the only real difference being that things are slightly out of order in the anime. Actually, a few of the cute moments in the series were much cuter in the manga].

I really enjoyed this series at first, which is why I almost immediately began reading the manga translations. Butspoiler[ I find that the series goes nowhere very quickly. It was a good premise and start, but it lost its way (and if there is one thing you should never do, it's loose your way). There is no resolution so far, and really there are no signs for a resolution.]

The main pairing is really uninteresting too. I'm more interested in Saki and K
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14