• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote
Not ALL guys love cow udders, Blood. Rolling Eyes At least that's what they tell me.

Quote:
Funny, because there was less fanservice than I was expecting the show to provide.

Really? But this show doesn't have fanservice at ALL prior to this ep.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Not ALL guys love cow udders, Blood. Rolling Eyes At least that's what they tell me.

Yeah, that's what we tell flatties like you when we're trying to get into your pants. Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Large breasts make you sad?

So, like, did you piss off some Gypsy and get put under a heinous curse or something?

A geis, specifically. Whenever I see them, I just... Well...

In all seriousness, I do prefer them on the smaller side. Whenever you hug a flat chested girl, you're holding her closer to your heart!

If you look at Linca with clothes on, you'd never guess they were that big, and it's not like her outfit is one that would be good at hiding them. I rather like how she looks like that. My disappointment is no different from what yours would be if you found out a supposedly busty girl stuffed her bra.

Of course I like big breasts too. Escha's are quite nice. I even bought an excellent Escha/Logy doujinshi Cool
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Yeah, that's what we tell flatties like you when we're trying to get into your pants. Wink

IMMA GONNA SMACK YOU. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
I even bought an excellent Escha/Logy doujinshi

Well done, sir. I approve. Is the art nice? :'D
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Well done, sir. I approve. Is the art nice? :'D

I certainly think so.

... And those are honestly the only images from it I can actually post Laughing But it is nice and romantic Smile
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Awww, I like the second one! :>
Very nice art, yes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
You know, it's nice to have leads that get along so well for a change. Normally in this kind of set up Logy would be the stuck up city dweller already convinced he's going to hate being out in the sticks, or he'd be the super serious by the book type annoyed with Escha's lack of professionalism. While he does have some kind of traumatic past, it's not taken to the extent where he's all withdrawn and broody, shooting down anyone who tries to approach him.

Escha could have easily been a typical tsundere, where there'd be some minor accident/misunderstanding at their first meeting that she'd hold against him for the entire show. Instead, she hugs him in the first episode.

This episode was the first time she's ever lashed out at him, but that was under certain circumstances and likely won't become a common occurence.

One could criticize this as lacking conflict, since there's no arc of them setting aside their differences and learning to work together, but I think that's fine for a laid back show like this.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
^
I also have appreciated how well those two get along. They are just pleasant people who want to help one another because that's the right thing (and the nice thing) to do. Grounded characters all too rare in anime; the guy is usually either super dumb, a dweeb or an arsehole, and the girl is usually either tsundere, kuudere, a ditz or super flirtatious. Escha and Logy may lack sexual tension but they come across as real people more than most anime characters, whilst still having enough personality that they aren't boring.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
I couldn't have said it better myself, dtm42!

They're so damn cute. :3

Escha's kind of like a shoujo heroine inserted into a different genre of anime. Like Ai Astin. She's a little naive, but cheerful, optimistic and could make friends with pretty much anyone because she's so considerate and friendly.

Personally, I love heroines like this.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I couldn't have said it better myself, dtm42!

Why thank you.

Since you talked about Escha, I'll give a shout-out to Logy. He's hiding something important and seems down about it, but he doesn't mope about it. He works hard, he's fairly competent (actually, now that I think about it Escha is pretty competent herself), and Logy still happily helps out Escha and the others. He even gets on well with the various townsfolk; just like Escha he gets along with everyone. He's a genuinely kind and good-hearted guy who doesn't want to bother people with his problems.

Of course, when Escha finds out that he's secretly troubled she's first going to be sad for, oh, about three seconds, then she's going to insist on helping him. And he's going to refuse for, oh, about three seconds and then give in, because no-one could refuse Escha. Once he accepts her help the whole gang will come up with a solution together and he'll learn to trust people more, whereupon there'll be a "dawww" moment that'll melt our hearts. And then the anime will end with a Meaningful Smile between our leads to fuel the Escha x Logy doujin artists.

Remember folks, you heard it here first.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Logy's got the perfect balance of "really nice" and "still very much like a real guy" in his character.
I "yayed" when he offered to carry Escha's heavy bag. Good guys help out girls when they look like they need it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Logy's got the perfect balance of "really nice" and "still very much like a real guy" in his character.
I "yayed" when he offered to carry Escha's heavy bag. Good guys help out girls when they look like they need it.

I think seeing the opposite happen is rather hilarious though.

I remember in one of the attack on titan OVAs Eren is having trouble picking just one measly crate while Mika walks beside him carrying three of them with no problems.

When she offers to help him he gets pissed and pushes her away.....idk why but I busted a gut from it. I think it's funny to see men react to reversed gender roles like that Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
Awww, that is adorable. :'D

..........must be humiliating for the guys though. Anime hyper (that's partly why it's adorable. HAHAHA EREN. can't wait to see that)
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Logy-kun moe~

dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know what Logy's traumatic past item is?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6