• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Magika Swordsman and Summoner Fantasy Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
... also it is not illegal to view the manga since the chapters are already out and have not been taken down it is safe and legal if it wasn't seven seas or someone would have said so.

It IS illegal, it's not like copyrights suddenly disappear somewhere simply because the rights-holders don't bother to pursue violations online...

That being said, this being a relatively recent manga I expect Seven Seas to keep apace with the original release, however you wouldn't exactly be the first person to read latest chapters online while waiting for the official releases (to name a few SS series I'm using that modus operandi on; Sacred Blacksmith, Monster Musume, Dragonar...). If what you read interests enough for you to consider getting the official release later then by all means, view away... Cool

Perhaps I'll check this out later as well, but right now, too much eagerness to check out original works of anime adaptations have left me with a rather huge backlog (and the amount of shows per seasons lately isn't helping...).

the only place that has it as illegal is in japan i don't know of any other place that has it illegal if you live in usa then no it should be fine since after all most of the scanlators are doing it there and they haven't got in trouble plus the only people who get in trouble are people from japan
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
... also it is not illegal to view the manga since the chapters are already out and have not been taken down it is safe and legal if it wasn't seven seas or someone would have said so.

It IS illegal, it's not like copyrights suddenly disappear somewhere simply because the rights-holders don't bother to pursue violations online...

the only place that has it as illegal is in japan i don't know of any other place that has it illegal if you live in usa then no it should be fine since after all most of the scanlators are doing it there and they haven't got in trouble plus the only people who get in trouble are people from japan

That's now how copyright works. Scanlations do infringe on copyright, even outside of Japan.

Japan and the United States are both signatories to the Berne convention and subsequent treaties, thus each is bound to recognize the copyrights on works produced in the other. If a work is copyrighted in Japan, the United States must recognize the copyright on that work within its borders as it would a copyright on an American work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2