• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo: 47,000+ Unique Attendees Came This Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtnishi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Anyway, if LA gets another NFL team, I think a move back to either Anahiem, Santa Monica or a move San Fernando Valley would be cool. If things continue to go well, stay in L.A. its the biggest city in America and has over 10 million people.

Just as a note, there's only 2 places an NFL team could possibly move to LA at this second. One is LA right where West Hall is now. That's where Farmer's Field would be placed. The other is City of Industry near the 60 and 57 freeways, where a different group is trying to put a complex there for a bid.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
becharm wrote:

I don't believe I said this but, last year was a better con is mainly because of the last CEO - at least he knows how to run it like a pro. I really hope next year would be much better.

You're joking.

?

Everyone hated Lantanzio. In fact, if Lantanzio had still been CEO this year I can guarantee a lot of companies would not have returned.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
The unique is about a thousand more, but the turnstile count jumped from 105,000, I think.
Would that be because of the convention opening up for attendees that go into the exhibit hall for free after a certain time or those single event tickets or something? I was actually at the convention, so I didn't keep up with that whole deal.

I don't believe the "unique" numbers on AX's website for 2010. ANN and a number of other companies came to a conclusion that the number of unique attendees last year was somewhere around 32,000 to 35,000.

If you think about it, that would match the 105k turnstyle number.

Perhaps AX "accidentally" put down the number of unique attendees from 2009 under the 2010 heading.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
If things continue to go well, stay in L.A. its the biggest city in America and has over 10 million people.

Los Angeles is merely the second largest city in the United States with, as of the 2010 census, 3,792,621 inhabitants, which is very large, but rather less than New York City's 8,175,133 inhabitants. The only way to make Los Angeles have more than ten million inhabitants is to count the metropolitan statistical area, which has 12,828,837 inhabitants, although New York City and environs remain rather larger even by that measure, having 18,897,109 inhabitants.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder can the Anaheim Convention Center currently handle 128,000 total visitors for Anime Expo, by far the largest anime convention in the USA.

Here's the problem for the Anaheim Convention Center: it's right next to Disneyland and there could be a lot of dogfights for hotel/motel rooms near the convention center around the 4th of July, since some of Disneyland's highest summer attendance occurs at the same time. The AX organizers may have to "scale back" AX if they return to Anaheim until the new, upgraded Los Angeles Convention Center--completed the same time as the Farmers Field football stadium--is ready probably in 2014-2015 time frame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2