• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ichigo Takano's Sci-Fi Romance Manga Orange Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chito895

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Orange and A Silent Voice are two mangas that I've been willing to read for a long time, and both of those are getting an adaptation this year. And the comments about those two are really encouraging that both of them are really good.

I prefer to watch first the anime, so yeah, it's great both are getting an adaptation. How long are the Orange volumes? Because I wonder if this will be a one cour or a two cour.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
i've been hearing great things from this manga for a long time and seeing that staff only intensifies the hype!! summer is already looking very promising Very Happy
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I had to stop myself from fainting when I saw this. This is great news! Hopefully, it adapts the entire manga.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:

I prefer to watch first the anime, so yeah, it's great both are getting an adaptation. How long are the Orange volumes? Because I wonder if this will be a one cour or a two cour.

The entire series is only 27 chapters. It's pretty short and could easily fit into a one cour series. I would be worried if they tried to expand it beyond that, to be honest.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Never read the manga, but I always thought this series sounded interesting. Can't wait to be able to watch this. I'm looking forward to the summer season already.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice! Always happy to hear good news about this series. Though... that new chapter's probably not ending up in the second volume that's coming out here soon, is it?
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
I wonder if they will give the anime a proper epilogue.

Possibly? That also could be what the special one-shot chapter that is mentioned in the article?

Kind of hope Seven Seas' release will have that chapter, but feel like that may not be the case. There's only a month between the release of the chapter in Japan and Seven Seas' release of the 2nd and final omnibus collection. Doubt that Seven Seas' deal could cover a chapter that might not have been on the table when they licensed the manga series a year or so ago.

So, IF this new chapter is an epilogue, I hope that the anime will adapt it.

Anyway, for a long while, I was hoping for the manga to be licensed and that the series would get an anime adaption. Now, I've got the first omnibus sitting on my shelf (and loved it) and an anime adaption has been announced.

I'm a happy man. Laughing
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, congrats, I kinda wish they started the anime first because hell, the live action is okay but get rid of Kento Yamazaki already! Can he not star on every godamn shoujo live action!

Now that Orange is done, I really hope Takano Ichigo continues Re-collection, her other manga that's interesting too.

Last edited by Camiru Mylle on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The noise I made reading this may not have been human. ^^; Super happy to hear it; I thought at most it might just get an OVA or a animated movie to go with the live-action one. Now, to convert my friends! >D
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

A few "Time" related works this year. Keep it coming.

Well, we did just pass through literally Back to the Future just this past November. Laughing
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
Camiru Mylle wrote:
Now that Orange is done, I really hope Takano Ichigo continues Re-collection, her other manga that's interesting too.

While I was an admirer of Orange from afar for awhile, when someone told me about Re-collection...first thing I thought was that it sounded like a series I'd like, and hoped that Takano would return to it.

Then, I also looked and saw Yumemiru Taiyou (Dreamin' Sun), and that it was a completed series. Another one that holds my interest. But, that also led me to Taamo's Taiyou no Ie (House of the sun), and that took a spot on my list of series I hope gets licensed soon...Laughing

Wait, where was I? Ah, yes, Takano's Re-collection. Hopefully that sees a continuation. But, even if it doesn't and Takano moves onto something else, I hope that Orange does well enough for Seven Seas that they may give Dreamin' Sun a crack. Though, that is 10 volumes, so maybe too long? Aside from it and Re-collection, I can only really find info on one-shots...
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
That's a great notice, I really like the manga, so I really wnat to see the tv adaption.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
This is SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! I have hoped that this would get an anime series someday! I hope they do the whole thing and do it justice, because it is an amazing story.

Get the Kleenex ready folks, it's gonna be a teary summer!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2