• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larkan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote
for something that used to sell 1M ... half a million is a 50% drop and when a manga is supposed to be in its climax that is not good.

and Bleach was in the back of magazine because it didn't get votes in the reader survey simple...

its not mistreatment at all, this happened to a lot of big series in the past that fell from grace with WSJ readers. Saint seiya is one example of many

3 years as dead weight in the magazine, when the magazine wants to reinvent itself to keep circulation numbers up is even worse.

Last edited by Larkan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote
Around 4 years 4 months since I stopped seriously reading Bleach and frankly don't miss it. Every now and then I look at a chapter, but I go "bah! don't need to continue". Its a shame because I really enjoyed its style at the beginning, but I think it had (for me) a chance to end somewhat gracefully after the Aizen fight. Now I don't really care if it ends this year or in another four years.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Stop trying to antagonize posters with flamebait comments. ~ Psycho 101
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Don't respond to flamebait comments with your own rude posts. People can also have a different opinion than you. ~ Psycho 101
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Alright, well that's 3 posts edited out at the same time. I suggest everyone stop the trollish ranting or flamebait comments.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Reading these comments, I'm getting the feeling Bleach won't end until the heat death of the universe - and maybe not even then.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
For a second here I thought this was yet another necroposting event. Laughing
Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so he's nearly accrued enough personal quotes for another piece of furniture?
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere wrote:
Oh, so he's nearly accrued enough personal quotes for another piece of furniture?

I have no idea who "he" is or what accruing quotes for furniture might mean.
Maybe that is because I have not read Bleach for the last few years?

I really did like Bleach but I stopped reading after the Soul Society arc.
I never thought that it was getting bad, but my favorite character was Rukia and I was very satisfied with the way that arc ended and did not really feel like starting another long story.
Now I am thinking that maybe I should give it another try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Somewhere wrote:

It's a joke referring to something outside of the series. Specifically, I'm referring to the existence of this.
I've disliked Bleach for years now, but ranting on that takes time and energy. At this point, apathy's won out, so I'd instead crack some jokes. And commenting on Kubo's obsession with coolness or how character design is the true passion of his life would be too common fare. Might as well strike out a bit by referencing a secondary aspect of that coolness obsession (primary aspect being character design); quotes. Also, years later, I still find the table to be rediculous.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Somewhere wrote:

I really did like Bleach but I stopped reading after the Soul Society arc.
I never thought that it was getting bad, but my favorite character was Rukia and I was very satisfied with the way that arc ended and did not really feel like starting another long story.
Now I am thinking that maybe I should give it another try.
the hueco mundo stuff was pretty good though people will debate on the last fights whether or not they're good and the arc was very long, the Fullbring arc was crap but it was short so at least they didn't drag the worst canon arc of the series, and the thousand year blood war in my opinion is really good for the most part aside from a few asspulls and BS moments, Kubo actually filled in his plot holes and did a good job at having them make sense now and it really ups the tension this time (please don't throw rocks just because I'm saying good things about Bleach)
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
the hueco mundo stuff was pretty good . . . and the arc was very long,

I think that I have a link to a wiki that gives the chapters and volumes for each story arc. I will seriously consider giving that arc a try.

If Bleach really is ending then knowing how much more there is to it will make me more willing to continue, even if only an arc at a time.

Thank you for the information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
theNightster wrote:
the hueco mundo stuff was pretty good . . . and the arc was very long,

I think that I have a link to a wiki that gives the chapters and volumes for each story arc. I will seriously consider giving that arc a try.

If Bleach really is ending then knowing how much more there is to it will make me more willing to continue, even if only an arc at a time.

Thank you for the information.

The Hueco Mundo arc starts in volume 21 of the manga and finishes in volume 48. Then the Fullbringer arc goes from vol. 49 to 54. Vol. 55 onwards is the Thousand Years Blood War arc, which is still running and is gonna be the last one. Bleach has abnormally long arcs compared to other shonens
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, CrowLia.

28 volumes is a lot, but I will still seriously consider it the next time that I am ready to start something new.
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:47 am Reply with quote
Bout time this clownfest ended. I started reading Bleach around 2009, and ragequit when spoiler[Yamamoto unleashed a Bankai he didn't even try to use in the fight against Aizen, and wound up being killed by a fake Yhwach.] But then i died a second time when Black Zangetsu's orgin was retconned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6