• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Alderamin on the Sky

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Count me in the group surprised that he actually lost a finger.

Absolutely this. It was a nice touch.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure he didn't cut his finger off just for Nana, but also for anyone in Nana's clan that might question her decision to side with the people they'd just been fighting (and who had done some pretty atrocious things in the process). If she'd said, "I've decided we'll join up with my old childhood pal and fight against these other invaders." She might not have survived the resulting uproar. OTOH, she can tell them what Ikta did as well as what he said. Plus, Ikta deliberately told her that native story to give her additional ammunition against anyone who might gainsay her.

And Ikta was right, IMO: that was the best way to try to sway them to his side in the limited time he had. A tough road to walk, and he did it without hesitation. The guy's got guts.
nubguy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I think the only reason that the other 3 got lesser promotions is because they needed to fill in the gaps after promoting the main 2.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:
I think the only reason that the other 3 got lesser promotions is because they needed to fill in the gaps after promoting the main 2.

It's not really that simple actuality, there are a few factor that lead to their promotion.

1. although their field rank is low they are technically close to being the princess personal entourage

2. they are supposed to be the reserved but are push to the front line.

3. Ikhtar leading their team to capture the point in record time with all below the amount of troops thought possible.

4. Besides Ikhtar and Haro the others are noble
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Yatori's "confession" is one of the most tragic lines I've ever heard. In essence, she's declaring that she would perform a double-suicide with Ikta, except that she'll remain alive as a soulless weapon of war. I really hope that's not foreshadowing the end of the story Sad but, from what I know from the manga, I unfortunately can't rule it out...
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
For some reason I didn't give this series a try until about two weeks ago. I didn't expect much, but decided to give the first few episodes a look.

I ended up binge-watching the entire series to date in one late-night sitting.

Really hope this gets another season. And a longer one at that.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
How are Suya and Matthew not brother and sister? Smile They practically even have the same hairstyle.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Really hope this gets picked up for an S2. I'd almost counted it out after the first few episodes, but it's really cleaned its act up since then. That Yatori line - just, damn.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 11

I really liked this episode. Yea, I have my quibbles (more dumb its not science! lines) but overall I really enjoyed it. I think Ikta having a moment of doubt was necessary and good. It helped humanize him further. It built on other things like his reaction over Kanna's death, made him seem not infallible and I didn't have to endure his awkward womanizer shtick. I also thought Suya's frustration and grief were done well and the show didn't gloss over or forget that these were enemies being forced to be allies with all the potential resentments that entails. Bravo. I'm ready for another season.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
With every episode (or chapter of the manga) that pass I confirm my thoughts that the one who will bring more problems to the plot of the Princess and when the time comes for Ikta to act on it, will be Yatori and the Igsems.
AholePony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
I'm feeling all kinds of death flags for Yatori, I hope they don't lead there though Sad
Thumpthump

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Yatori spoiler[aint going to live sort of] certainly has a presence. I didn't think the adaptation of this would be so solid.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
hurafloyd wrote:
With every episode (or chapter of the manga) that pass I confirm my thoughts that the one who will bring more problems to the plot of the Princess and when the time comes for Ikta to act on it, will be Yatori and the Igsems.

Well if Yatori's line a few episodes ago wasn't a strong enough hint, this last episode explicitly said the Igsems would be the main wall the princess was going to have to climb over for her plan.

I'm kind of surprised she actually has some kind of goal. Her entire presence so far has really just been to be dere for Ikta. I was thinking more along the lines of her getting caught up in it rather than orchestrating it.

Really sad this is all we're getting. I don't mind LNs, but they did a really good job adapting this.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
This anime was very bad, the story was ridiculous and had bad animation. Theron Martin is a fanboy of Madhouse.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
I will be very disappointed if this series does not get a second season. It was by far my favorite of the summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12