• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Love Live! Sunshine!!

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote
It was a good goodbye.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
fyi the song at the end was new the show's first op was used to kick off the ep
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 am Reply with quote
Nate148 wrote:
fyi the song at the end was new the show's first op was used to kick off the ep

Yeah, Aozora Jumping Heart was used as the OP of the episode, with a changed MV reflecting their post Love Live championship announcement encore, plus the full version playing in the background while the episode played out. The ending song is a new one, called Wonderful Stories, which was an amazing song with a great video which made me tear up something fierce because of all the callbacks from the songs of the previous two seasons. Great way to end the series. Now to wait for the movie.

I hope I'll be able to track down a copy of the Water Blue New World/Wonderful Stories CD when it comes out, hopefully at a con like at AnimeNYC, where I picked up 3 CDs a month ago, or at Kinokuniya off of Bryant Park in Manhattan, where I got the rest. I need to add to my growing Aqours CD collection, now up to 6, made up of the insert songs from both seasons, the 2nd season OP, and the Guilty Kiss tracks, since I got into Love Live too late to collect Muse CDs instead... If I could find Awaken the Power, the Saint Aqours Snow CD, it would make a great addition.

So I certainly didn't cry at all during that episode, especially when they were packing up the school, the library especially, and Aqours closing the gate, in addition to during Wonderful Stories; nope, not at all.

With all the buildup this season, I knew there wouldn't be anything to walk back the closure of the school, but I was holding out hope until the end of this episode that something would change. Guess not. Still, the winning of Love Live happened as expected though. Maybe something will happen regarding it in the upcoming movie? Since the school building obviously exists in real life Uchiura, to the point where they have to put up signs nearby to ask that the Love Live pilgrims please not take photos of the school while students are in attendance, for privacy reasons, I would think something would be able to save it in the Love Live universe.

Disappointed we never got a Muse cameo or even them singing Step Zero to One, but I guess for the former, there'll always be the movie for them to do that. Wonder what exotic locale they'll send Aqours to in it?

I really will miss Aqours. Yes, Muse was what started all of this, but it looks like Sunrise and Lantis and Dengeki Gs and all the other companies involved in the series have perfected their delivery of idolness. Sunshine might've followed the same general story path of OG LL, but it seemed like Chika and the rest of Aqours had to go through a lot more troubles to meet their goal, and they failed to save the school anyway, and in doing so, they came off as better characters struggling through a lot more problems than Muse. Such a shame that they failed though. Muse is still the OG and therefore the best as a whole, and an inspiration to school idols everywhere, but I like individual members of Aqours more. They really did grow a lot on me, and let me indulge my fandom like I was unable to do so for with Muse unfortunately because I didn't get into LL until after the movie was out of theaters and Final Live was already over.

Sure, there's a lack of character development for some members like You unfortunately, but Chika and the third years got their due, as did Riko and most of the first years to a lesser extent. Hopefully the movie will help with this. Can't wait for it, as well as the upcoming concerts next year, which I will hopefully attend a Delayed Viewing of Third Live. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the movie either. I'll just be here, patiently waiting warmly while playing SIF and shan-shan'ing away while hoping the gatcha gives me more URs (up to 11 now, when at the beginning of last year I had 0). Please, biased idol Love Live gods, don't make us wait too long, and have PDP be good, even if there doesn't look to be an anime being made for them...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 16 of 16