• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Joshua Seth, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, More Return for Digimon Adventure tri. Film's English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm still really upset about the loss of Kari's voice actor though. She had such a distinctive voice that no one will be able to replace. But so did Joshua and Colleen, so at least we have a few victories!
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Dear god that song is horrible.

Either use Butter-fly, or use the Digimon theme.

I'm really happy about Joshua Seth returning, though.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
My ears feel like bleeding! Probably even more so because the original theme song has aged so poorly and that Butter-Fly is really good.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty happy as I've missed Joshua Seth's voice in anime. what I'm not happy about is the music, English dub Digimon opening were always either annoying or uninspired, and as far as I know Saban isn't involved with these movies so what gives?
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I'm pretty happy as I've missed Joshua Seth's voice in anime. what I'm not happy about is the music, English dub Digimon opening were always either annoying or uninspired, and as far as I know Saban isn't involved with these movies so what gives?

Are you kidding me??? All five of the Digimon theme songs were great especially Digimon Frontier which is one of my favorites
GFYC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
The song is horrendous, I hope it's a joke
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Despite the fact they didn't get the Japanese music, Eleven Arts has said the script will be closer to the Japanese. Had Saban gotten a hold of this, I question whether he would be willing to do a faithful dub.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
Dear god that song is horrible.

Either use Butter-fly, or use the Digimon theme.

Exactly!isn't it great how nostalgic they are trying to be?they kept most of the original VAs as they could AND kept the practice of replacing a great soundtrack with shitty generic saturday morning cartoon music!Now show us they will keep the shitty jokes and puns in every dialogue(especialy when the scene in the original is supposed to be silent and/or serious,can't forget that.) and we will have the complete package for this nostalgia trip that I SURE AS HELL WILL NOT BE TAKING!
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Despite the fact they didn't get the Japanese music, Eleven Arts has said the script will be closer to the Japanese. Had Saban gotten a hold of this, I question whether he would be willing to do a faithful dub.

watch Glitter Shit and you will have your answer. spoiler[no,he wouldn't.At all...]
taster of pork

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, that song. I'm having flashbacks of that crappy rap song in the first movie. Why Toei?
lunaitc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. That song. I think we all knew it wouldn't be on the same level as Butter-Fly, but I was expecting a remake of the classic cheesy theme we all knew back in the day, not whatever the hell that was.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
GFYC wrote:
The song is horrendous, I hope it's a joke

Sad it is to say, it's the real deal. Sad Then again, I'm not surprised it came to that, since Toei is aiming the films at people that only grew up with the Americanized English version of the Digimon anime show rather than the entire franchise.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
I'm still really upset about the loss of Kari's voice actor though. She had such a distinctive voice that no one will be able to replace. But so did Joshua and Colleen, so at least we have a few victories!

And it's not like Laura Jill Miller reitired, UGH! She's sitll active!
I liked the old theme song better too.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Really should have just added a slight remix to the original rather than this techno crap. That being said, still not happy with JYB being T.K. Especially since 1 I'm tired of his voice and 2 T.K.'s 02 VA is in the freaking movie. Also I see they couldn't get Matt's original VA back either or Kari's. A shame
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
The new theme song is disappointing but I was already expecting something like this so I'm not surprised. I would have loved to see all of the original VAs return but we're still getting far more of the original English cast back than the Japanese version, so I for one am applauding them for this effort. In any case, we still have the Japanese version available for streaming on Crunchyroll, which is more than we can say about the old episodes of Digimon. So even if you don't like the new dub, you still have this option. Everyone needs to calm down before they bring out the pitchfork. I thought a nostalgic dub was what everyone was begging for for months now? I don't know why anime fans are so angry about cartoons all the time. It can't be good for your heart.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4