• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Listed on September 30 by Theater

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Dragoon Luna wrote:
Kuro shinigami wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:
We Americans have to wait until some time after September?! AAAUUUGGGHHH!

Without a doubt it'll be worth the wait regardless.

At least it's not December! LOL! I'm sure it will, but then the fans will nitpick whatever gets left out of the Heaven's Feel movies, I hope that these movies are at least two and a half hours each, so they can get in as much as they can, I have a feeling this route will suffer from the overhype since this is the one that hasn't been animated yet.

I do hope that Ufotable will remake the Fate route, at least so the obnoxious fans that bash poor Studio Deen can finally stop whining about the animation quality of the 2006 anime.
Deen also did a UBW movie in 2010 as well, which was absolutely terrible from both a adaptation stand point and in animation. Which is why they want a remake of the fate route, both adaptations were bad in the animation and adaption departments. Their isn't a need to feel sorry for a studio that somehow turned out a movie that was as terrible as the UBW movie they did; and the one who is acting obnoxious is you for thinking that people don't have a legitimate reason to hate studio deen for what they did to both the fate route and UBW route (although what ufotable did to UBW was also quite bad).

What Ufotable did to UBW was ALSO quite bad......? I guess to each their own but that wasn't terrible at all.

It was mainly 2014's director, he has stated that he doesn't understand Shirou, so that didn't help. As for Deen UBW, they made the worst decision to cram an entire route into one movie. I detailed all my issues with Fate/Stay Night 2006 in my own review, which is not on this site, I've also criticized UBW 2014. Please message me if you want links to those reviews.
Kuro shinigami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Dragoon Luna wrote:
Kuro shinigami wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:
We Americans have to wait until some time after September?! AAAUUUGGGHHH!

Without a doubt it'll be worth the wait regardless.

At least it's not December! LOL! I'm sure it will, but then the fans will nitpick whatever gets left out of the Heaven's Feel movies, I hope that these movies are at least two and a half hours each, so they can get in as much as they can, I have a feeling this route will suffer from the overhype since this is the one that hasn't been animated yet.

I do hope that Ufotable will remake the Fate route, at least so the obnoxious fans that bash poor Studio Deen can finally stop whining about the animation quality of the 2006 anime.
Deen also did a UBW movie in 2010 as well, which was absolutely terrible from both a adaptation stand point and in animation. Which is why they want a remake of the fate route, both adaptations were bad in the animation and adaption departments. Their isn't a need to feel sorry for a studio that somehow turned out a movie that was as terrible as the UBW movie they did; and the one who is acting obnoxious is you for thinking that people don't have a legitimate reason to hate studio deen for what they did to both the fate route and UBW route (although what ufotable did to UBW was also quite bad).

What Ufotable did to UBW was ALSO quite bad......? I guess to each their own but that wasn't terrible at all.
it was nice in the animation and music department but it was sorely lacking in the directing and adaptation side of it, a lot of time was either spent on extending sol scenes that didn't need it, or padding fight scenes for an unnecessarily long amount of time cutting out time needed for important scenes. Their was also plenty of times they had characters stare at the screen or someone else without using any visual movment or innermonologue to explain what the person was feeling. The biggest gripe I have with the rendition done by ufotable is how they treated shirou, if they had done a good job with adapting his character l would have been fine with all the other problems.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget the info dumping, Ufotable's loads and loads of info dumping. One reason I like Fate./Stay Night 2006 is it keeps its info dumping to only the important things you need to know and doesn't go on and on about things you won't retain later because you'll forget it.

I really hope they don't drag out the beginning, especially since we've seen it, twice already if you've watched both Fate/Stay Night adaptations!
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
I noticed a wrong information regarding the premiere of UBW TV anime, because the TV animation of UBW premiered in october 2014. Please see it to be fixed.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
we have to wait till 2018 for the first movie. 2018 looks like will be the year for a lot of fate stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2