• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces English Dub Casts for Space Patrol Luluco, Regalia: The Three Sacred Star

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vannil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Brittney Karbowski could be an excellent Luluco.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Justin Briner has Nova? I'm buying.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
In addition to the cast revealed here, Bevins also has revealed that Inferno Cop will be voiced by Chris Sabat, that the main scriptwriter was Bonny Clinkenbeard (John Burgmeier is still only in his supervisor role in the writing department), and that Rachelle Heger couldn't reprise her cameo as Sucy. He tried, but the budget sadly wouldn't allow for it.

He also stated that he's going to be announcing a lot more of the cast on his Twitter account, so look forward to that.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Finally. Ingrid is coming September 5th. Smile
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Speak of the devil, here are the additional voice roles that Bevs was mentioning:

https://twitter.com/VoiceofBevins/status/887833420654673920
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised Regalia is getting a dub. I though that show ended up being too boring in the long run which is a real shame since female-led mech shows are freakin' rare.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
... and that Rachelle Heger couldn't reprise her cameo as Sucy. He tried, but the budget sadly wouldn't allow for it.

He also stated that he's going to be announcing a lot more of the cast on his Twitter account, so look forward to that.

Awww, that's real bummer. Sad
Vannil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
In addition to the cast revealed here, Bevins also has revealed that Inferno Cop will be voiced by Chris Sabat, that the main scriptwriter was Bonny Clinkenbeard (John Burgmeier is still only in his supervisor role in the writing department), and that Rachelle Heger couldn't reprise her cameo as Sucy. He tried, but the budget sadly wouldn't allow for it.

Its a shame that they aren't able to have Rachelle Heger reprise her role as Sucy, I do think anyone but Chris Sabat as Inferno Cop would have been a disappointment (I would have made an exception if by some miracle, they got Nick Offerman to do it, the voice for Inferno Cop). Thanks for the info SpacemanHardy!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Great cast list, can't wait, definitely buying.

darkchibi07 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised Regalia is getting a dub. I though that show ended up being too boring in the long run which is a real shame since female-led mech shows are freakin' rare.

It's good that they are finally dubbing a new mech show (still disappointed Buddy Complex didn't get one even though it was pretty standard mech show), but yeah, was really hoping this show was going to be better.

darkchibi07 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
... and that Rachelle Heger couldn't reprise her cameo as Sucy. He tried, but the budget sadly wouldn't allow for it.

Awww, that's real bummer. Sad

Yeah Sad
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
I'm liking this Luluco thing.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
BRETT WEAVER!?!?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 am Reply with quote
Brett Weaver! I like it, he always gives such interesting performances, I hope he will be in Ushio to Tora as well. I haven't finished Regalia, so I could start from the beginning with the dub, I just wish the cast wasn't made up of amateurs.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Brett Weaver! I like it, he always gives such interesting performances, I hope he will be in Ushio to Tora as well. I haven't finished Regalia, so I could start from the beginning with the dub, I just wish the cast wasn't made up of amateurs.

Amber Connors, Bryn Appril, and Jill Harris have more than proven themselves in shows over the past couple of years, and I'd hardly call Jad Saxton and Heather Walker "amateurs".

It's Tyler Walker, he always likes to cast newer people in shows that he directs. Worked for Is This a Zombie, and Fairy Tail.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Amber Connors, Bryn Appril, and Jill Harris have more than proven themselves in shows over the past couple of years, and I'd hardly call Jad Saxton and Heather Walker "amateurs".

It's Tyler Walker, he always likes to cast newer people in shows that he directs. Worked for Is This a Zombie, and Fairy Tail.
I meant to say mostly, since it has Luci Christian.
Not_Nitsugalego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
I'll admit I'm a little sad they didn't get Sarah Williams to voice Midori (she voiced Nonon in Kill la Kill)... But Jamie Marchie rarely disappoints (in her acting roles, anyway), so I'm expecting to be pleasantly surprised.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1