• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arifureta - From Commonplace to World's Strongest Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bakasta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:38 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
WE'RE BACK IN ACTION BOYS

FROM COMMONPLACE TO ANIME'S STRONGEST

Bring it on! I loved this (abomination of CGI aside ofc)

Finally a straight edge hero, no moral obligation to befriend enemies or some other nonsense and no problem actually putting a bullet in them!

Also Hajime actually kisses Yue, and does it pretty quickly. Instead of waiting for 20 years and then maybe starting to hold hands whilst acting like children are found in cabbage which we get in almost all other anime and is so annoying.

There's unusually nice synergy in the harem even. Love Yue's vibe, a unique character, unalike copypaste character templates inhabiting most anime. And how he declares his choice of her over all other girls and sticks to it is adorable.

This anime's fresh and unique. S2 better have at least 30 episodes
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 am Reply with quote
CrisGer A.A. wrote:
And i would say in response to some of the posts here, that the fan response was NOT negative on the contrary it has been mostly positive with qulaifications like what i shared. True the novel readers may not like what they see but they are just that...novel readers not anime fans..so it is not a matter of concern

While some Light Novel readers may not be anime fans, I personally think many are, including myself. Since anime is what got me reading Light Novels.

It is a given that anime adaptations will be a condensed or edited version of the source material. But what they did to the Arifureta anime made it more of an animated travelogue than an animated show.

The bad productions values have been talked about already.

The heart of the show, the characters, were gutted to some degree. Which caused anime only fans to see the characters, especially Hajime differently.

As a fan of the franchise, I am saddened by production treatment the anime received. I was happy to see the characters animated and to have an anime, but do not think that the anime performed its job in promoting the franchise.

Despite my feelings on the first season, I am happy that the franchise is popular enough for the approval of a second season. Hopefully it won't have the production issues the first one did.

Though the first season did lay about some issues that the second season will have to address (or ignore). So we may be buried in flashbacks or exposition.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:23 am Reply with quote
Such a burst of commentary for a three month old announcement. . .

Bakasta wrote:
This anime's fresh and unique. S2 better have at least 30 episodes

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Anime adaptations which debut with one cour series almost never get longer follow-ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wouldn't get your hopes up. Anime adaptations which debut with one cour series almost never get longer follow-ups.

K-On! is the only one I can think of out of hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:41 am Reply with quote
These pieces of garbage is a total masterpiece, I enjoyed it for all the wrong reasons and if the second season is exactly as the first one, then it's gonna be a fun ride.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3