• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideo Kojima Has Been Diving Into Made in Abyss

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
americananimotk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
So, Made In Abyss video game helmed by Kojima in the future?
strawberry_milk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:55 am Reply with quote
americananimotk wrote:

He strikes me as the kind of guy who likes to create his own stuff from scratch, but has he ever done any adaptations before?
XaelOstigian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:19 pm Reply with quote
strawberry_milk wrote:
americananimotk wrote:

He strikes me as the kind of guy who likes to create his own stuff from scratch, but has he ever done any adaptations before?

Agreed. I can imagine him making an exploration based game with a limited to zero checkpoint system that relies more heavily on surviving in the environment 24/7 rather than restocking and relaxing in a hub area. Maybe a rouge-like with permadeath and an ever present risk for death in a vast unexplored unknown land. Every play through would be a new experience based on all the knowledge you have accrued since playing it first. Every trek you would go a little farther, a little longer, and a little stronger. That's a lot to ask for, but Made in Abyss has proven to capture the imagination of many creatives, and Kojima is just one of many who may make this and other ideas stemming from Made in Abyss's world a reality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1