• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isekai Yakkyoku Light Novel About Modern Pharmacologist in Another World Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suxinn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
The manga for this is actually pretty good (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Takano Sei fan). What I especially like is how spoiler[the protagonist is actually really appreciative of the work of medieval doctors in this one, and really impressed at the scope of their medical knowledge despite the limitations in technology. It's a really far cry from how series like these usually decry these cultures/customs as "backwards" and "uneducated". The protagonist knows he's building off of a whole history of knowledge and works with these people rather than over or against them.]
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:17 am Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
Past wrote:
Not sure there's any specific reasoning behind it but the fact that there are literally no recent isekai anime where the protag switches gender looks like there aren't going to be any others soon.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man is airing this year. A second season of Tanya was also recently announced. So that premise is not acting as any sort of deterrent in what series are chosen for adaptation.
Yeah it probably isn't, it's just that there are really good ones with this premise but of course they have to compete with all the other good manga out there. I am familiar with that first manga you mentioned, I didn't know it was going to be animated (but it's not as good as the others I was thinking about). Thank you.
c933103

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:13 am Reply with quote
The main point of conflict in this novel is seeing how the main character, who died from Karoshi in previous life, achieve what he want to do without dying from Karoshi again in this life, while also linited by a number of circumstances due to his reincarnation as he explore his ability, which become a race against his own time
Violet Park

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:32 am Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:
The manga for this is actually pretty good (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Takano Sei fan). What I especially like is how spoiler[the protagonist is actually really appreciative of the work of medieval doctors in this one, and really impressed at the scope of their medical knowledge despite the limitations in technology. It's a really far cry from how series like these usually decry these cultures/customs as "backwards" and "uneducated". The protagonist knows he's building off of a whole history of knowledge and works with these people rather than over or against them.]

spoiler[Also, unlike other anime, the mc is a medical professional with a successful career and most of his divine powers would be useless without his medical background. And yes, his respect for the other doctors (and his existencial crisis over why he was brought there and how much time he has left) really make him shine.]
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:08 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
I am familiar with that first manga you mentioned, I didn't know it was going to be animated (but it's not as good as the others I was thinking about). Thank you.

The source is light novel of which the manga is an adaptation of. The light novel itself is licensed by Seven Seas.

In the same vein...
Quote:
Yeah it probably isn't, it's just that there are really good ones with this premise but of course they have to compete with all the other good manga out there.

In the absolute majority of cases of 'other world'/sword&sorcery works as talked about here, the source material is novels, not manga...
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:46 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
In the same vein...
Quote:
Yeah it probably isn't, it's just that there are really good ones with this premise but of course they have to compete with all the other good manga out there.

In the absolute majority of cases of 'other world'/sword&sorcery works as talked about here, the source material is novels, not manga...
I don't really pay much attention to light novels and I'm just so used to referencing manga as if they are always the source material, I just do it by habit. Thanks for the reminder.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2