• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - February 16th - 22nd

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
This episode of Blood+ contained the second thing in Blood+ history that made me go "HUH?"

Now, we have episode 45, where spoiler[Moses walks to his death didnfor no apparent reason. The "thorn" wasn't eating him up yet, he still had friends to live for, and he would have made a valuable ally against Diva and her Chevaliers. Now Moses wants to die simply because he realizes that Karman doesn't want him to kill Kai, and because he now knows that Kai will remember him? The only thing I can think of is that he loved Karman so much that he couldn't live without him. Insert shrug.]

Oh, and I've been imagining various ways the series can end, mostly predicting who will die (few action/sci-fi anime don't have deaths before the end, yeah?). I've predicted (probably with thousands of others) that spoiler[Solomon is as good as dead. He'll probably die protecting Saya from some mortal blow, or something. I hate to think the show would be this predictable, but some things you can just see coming. Also, I've felt that all of the Schiff would die for a while now, and now there's only one of them left. Bonus points for the series if Lulu manages to pull a minor miracle and survive; maybe I'll consider an "excellent" (though that would depend on the overall ending quality, too). If Lulu AND Solomon both somehow survive, however, I'm NOT going Masterpiece. Just saying...]

I typed the above block so that I can look back after the show is over and read over what I wrote. It'll be fun.

I actually think the episode was very well done. spoiler[As you mention in your prediction, we've known for a while now that things couldn't end well for the Schiff and it was just a matter of how they were going to handle what time they had left, including the manner of their deaths. Moses may have had one or two more good fights left in him backing up Saya's crew, but I can understand why he made the decision he did. Carman's death was imminent and he was grief-stricken, lonely, scared and probably emotionally exhausted. Lulu and his new friends weren't enough to keep him going anymore, so he decided to die quickly with Carman instead of a long, drawn-out, painful death-by-thorn and having to look Kai in the eyes after what he'd done in his moment of panic over Carman. I thought it was very tastefully handled, and I felt for Moses and Carman and deeply respected Kai for understanding why Moses did what he did and not holding it against Moses. ]

As for your predictions, I agree. spoiler[Solomon is toast (probably heroic toast), and Lulu is set up to be the sole Schiff survivor considering the tone of Moses and Carman's discussion of her, with the gang probably finding a cure right when she starts showing symptoms. The real big question is how Saya and Kai are going to handle Diva considering she's pregnant with their murder-raped kid brother's children, who are now Kai's only blood relatives. (Wow - actually writing that out slams home how screwed up their situation really is!) ]
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Elahrairah wrote:
Also, Samurai Champloo....

DVR says it's on, it records, but is replaced by something else....didn't bother to catch what it was....

Perhaps a different time?

Nope, it's off the schedule for the moment.

It starts again showing March 4 at 1:30 and 4:30.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote
DELETE.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
TheVok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Good news for Robotech fans: Space announced today (via on-air promo) that it will be airing 'The Shadow Chronicles' on Friday, March 7 at 9pm ET.

This is heartening after Space moved the show itself recently to an arguable unfavourable weekday timeslot (i.e. from 5pm ET to 11am ET) ... but it's especially heartening to see Space air first-run animation of any kind in primetime.

(Further evidence can be found online, as Space has officially added the movie to its schedule right here: http://www.spacecast.com/tvschedule.aspx?date=3-7-2008 )
Elahrairah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Elahrairah wrote:

DVR says it's on, it records, but is replaced by something else....didn't bother to catch what it was....

Sorry, my first post skipped the subject line.....SC was my #2 rant, my #1 rant was that Death Note didn't come up.....also DVR schedule says it's on, and recorded, but something else was aired....did it switch times?

Thanks for the update on SC.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Elahrairah wrote:
samuraiwalt wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Elahrairah wrote:

Sorry, my first post skipped the subject line.....SC was my #2 rant, my #1 rant was that Death Note didn't come up.....also DVR schedule says it's on, and recorded, but something else was aired....did it switch times?

Thanks for the update on SC.

They changed the Saturday line up Death Note airs at 12:30 now
Mad Ludwig

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
To those of you planning to record anime on SciFi Tuesday nights (hey, what can I say? I don't get Encore, so I missed out on the first 20-30 chances to catch Kai Doh Maru Wink ) -- it seems as if SciFi has been having wrestling spill about five minutes into Ani-Tuesday's timeslot, so that the anime ends up finishing at five minutes past the hour as well. Not sure if this is just for sweeps, but you may want to pad the time settings on your VCR/DVR just to be safe.

And yes, Kai Doh Maru is very pretty. If only I had any idea why half the people were doing the things they were in that show. Smile
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Mad Ludwig wrote:
To those of you planning to record anime on SciFi Tuesday nights (hey, what can I say? I don't get Encore, so I missed out on the first 20-30 chances to catch Kai Doh Maru Wink ) -- it seems as if SciFi has been having wrestling spill about five minutes into Ani-Tuesday's timeslot, so that the anime ends up finishing at five minutes past the hour as well. Not sure if this is just for sweeps, but you may want to pad the time settings on your VCR/DVR just to be safe.

And yes, Kai Doh Maru is very pretty. If only I had any idea why half the people were doing the things they were in that show. Smile

Don't worry anime will only be on Sci-fi Tuesday night for 1 more week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2