• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
problems contacting media blasters

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVogfather

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
i recently purchased the tekkaman blade collections 1-3 at acen a few weeks ago from the meida blasters booth.. However when i got to the last disk in box 3 none of my DVD players can read it past the first eppisode including my computer. So since i bought it from them directly i thought to try to contact them via there site.. The first thing i tried is the email address on their site.. And this is what i got

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

so after resending it twice and getting the same message i tried to call them via the number on the same page. And all i got was a fax machine.

Does anyone know who I need to talk to get my disk replaced?

is anyone haveing the same issues as me geting ahold of them?
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, yeah, their website is pretty much unnavigable. You probably won't be able to contact them.

Your best bet might be to see if a store locally carries it... then do an exchange. The store can just return the defective to their distributor... and the distributor can then return it to the company. In fact, if you DID contact them that might be what they tell you to do, anyway. In my retail experience companies really prefer people handle that sort of exchange in a physical location.

If no store around you carries it, they might at least be able to special order it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't know.. I can't see how they would recommend just exchanging it at a local store. Most stores have a receipt based return policy. I know I've read that others have nice return people, but the stores in my area have always been pretty strict with the days and having the receipt.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
I don't know.. I can't see how they would recommend just exchanging it at a local store. Most stores have a receipt based return policy. I know I've read that others have nice return people, but the stores in my area have always been pretty strict with the days and having the receipt.

Returns, yes. Exchanges tend to be more lax. Especially with defective exchanges for the same item.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
you'll have to call them and most likely they'll just tell you (like they told me) to exchange it at the retailer you got it.

1-212-868-0991 ext. 252

I still, after buying three copies, do not have a working copy of Giant Robo vol 3

I love a lot of their dubs and licenses but still hate their Customer service.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
Returns, yes. Exchanges tend to be more lax. Especially with defective exchanges for the same item.

Sorry, my fault. I tend to lump returns and exchanges together. My local Best Buy would not exchange defective merchandise I got from them, because they claimed it was "too old", as in they don't carry that model. It was only a week or so past the date on the receipt, so I thought I could slide by, but they got all huffy on me.

But yes, I have heard many other success stories with exchanges, so best of luck with that! (sorry that sounds a lil sarcastic.. I don't mean for it to be.. but I can't figure out how to rephrase it right now so it doesn't.. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1