• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G4 Presents: Comic-Con '08 - Viz Media: Shojo Beat

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Finally some damn news about NANA and H&C. I'm curious how both series will be released though, especially NANA considering its length (sets I hope). I'll be cautious regardless because it's Viz...
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
To be fair, the industry is in a shift. Some titles were licensed under the old concept of individual dvds which is fast changing to box sets of various sizes. A title licensed with the idea of individual sales having to shift to probably a lower profit in box sets may not work.

The fans ARE often very cold to older titles. If it's more than 5 yrs old, it's too old. They want the bells & whistles of newer stuff which does suck because there are some wonderful older titles out there.

A friend of my daughter's with us at the Shonen Jump panel had NO CLUE as to who Stan Lee was. I have a decent sized movie collection & my daughter has seen a lot of my favs, yet various friends of hers have never seen titles like Uncle Buck, Back to the Future, the Indiana Jones series...
Kids these days...

Kids not knowing Back to the Future? What is wrong with this world!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Finally some damn news about NANA and H&C. I'm curious how both series will be released though, especially NANA considering its length (sets I hope). I'll be cautious regardless because it's Viz...

Be very wary of singles. My biggest outlay of cash for a series was the 7 released disks of Full Moon (Shana in singles came pretty close to topping the cost). At this point, all I have is mainly bitterness. I still have some hope, but this event caused me to shift my buying pattern.

I waited for Beck until the box (Best Buy had it out early last week), and now I cant believe I denied myself the gem that it was until I could pick up the box.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
CCS: When she's old enough to see an R movie, have her check out Mallrats; that will best acquaint her with Stan Lee. Wink As for Back to the Future, that kind of makes sense, since poor FOX hasn't been doing work since Spin City. And the Indy trilogy unfortunately got upended by Tomb Raider.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2