• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michiko and Hatchin (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote
spooksmagee wrote:
Did the animation seem a little off to anyone else in episode 14? Especially the way Michiko's face was drawn, I don't know it just looked... different from previous episodes.

yeah i loved the action, but the animation quality of this episode was really bad. for instance spoiler[the way the hitman kept magically getting his hammer back for no apparent reason, and the way the explosion knocks the guy backwards but doesn't effect Michiko, who's barely a few feet away]

i do hope this episode means they're focusing more on the plot, though.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Nope, It's just you, Spooks. It looks fine to me. =0)

This show is full of creamy goodness. The whole thing reminds me of the Mushroom Samba session of Cowboy Bebop. I keep expecting to see Ed and Ein on a scooter chasing a train in the background.
DSilv3R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
spooksmagee wrote:
Did the animation seem a little off to anyone else in episode 14? Especially the way Michiko's face was drawn, I don't know it just looked... different from previous episodes.

yeah i loved the action, but the animation quality of this episode was really bad. for instance spoiler[the way the hitman kept magically getting his hammer back for no apparent reason, and the way the explosion knocks the guy backwards but doesn't effect Michiko, who's barely a few feet away]

I noticed this too, also seems like they cut some corners during the 10-15 sec bridge sequence with the cars animation missing a frame every FPS.

This episode was pretty ambitious of them to animate. spoiler[The two hitmen character designs were awesome, the old guy is funky as, would love a beanie like that. I'm just surprised that Satoshi didn't make sure Shinsuke was dead after he ran him over.] And it is looking like spoiler[the story might try and wrap itself up in this 2nd half of the series]. But the way this anime has gone so far, it's a bit too early to say.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
episode 14
seriously, in WHAT other series would you have two hitmen as eccentric and unique as those guys, and one accidentally, sent after the protagonist? spoiler[Michiko was awesome in this episode; I didn't notice the animation so much as others did, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quality was sacrificed a bit considering the amount of action. I mean, the first two episodes, I believe, were the most action-packed (aside from the bull fight); most of the rest of the action has been running.

The weird thing about Michiko and Hatchin is that, even when there's heart-racing action, it still maintains this kind of laid-back pace- this episode, Michiko's calmness contributed to that.

Can't wait to find Hiroshi!! I hope he's not dead.
]

also, I really like the ED. I'm sure if it were in English I would just think it was stupid, but since I read the subs, the actual rhythm, beat, what have you, is nice.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This has been my main show right now outside of Blade of the Immortal and catching up with Guardian of the Sacred Spirit.

In a lot of ways Manglobe seems to be going for something similar to Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop in terms of fusion of style and narrative structure.

Things have seriously picked up since episode 14 what with that action sequence introducing one of the coolest characters. I hope this is where the plot get's real but. They could however continue on doing mostly isolated episodes with the main plot popping up now and again like in Bebop and Champloo.
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 15...

spoiler[This episode just made my heart melt. It was great seeing Hatchin experience her first crush, as we've all been there at some point in our lives. The final scene with her and Michiko and "it hurts" had me going awwwwwww.]

Luckily, none of my male friends were there to see this, so they still think I eat raw meat and crush big rocks against my face in my spare time. Wink
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
lp[
edpl[edlp[

Has anybody seen the bluray rips of eps. 1 & 2? They look a lot better than the broadcast tv versions and those looked awsome pq wise.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
lp[
edpl[edlp[

Has anybody seen the bluray rips of eps. 1 & 2? They look a lot better than the broadcast tv versions and those looked awsome pq wise.

I have them. I'm probably gonna get all the volumes like this.
Alestal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16 and 17 were amazing episodes!

Anyone notice that Michiko has been drawn a little differently lately?
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
She has been a bit sloppier lately, but I also really like her with that big bun on her head. It's sexy.

Holy crap! 16 & 17

spoiler[First of all, yuri anyone?? I don't know what to make of that kiss, apparently Elise swings both ways. Michiko was angry but not flustered; I don't think anything embarrasses her. In fact, I think it was less about the sexual aspect and more the fact that Elise did something to her without her consent/permission that really upset her.

I'm really wondering what Hiroshi is thinking- does he have a plan in mind, or is he just running away from his daughter and soul mate? I'm PO'd at him right now. He'd better have a good explanation for why he's doing what he's doing.

Also, loved the crossdressers.]
aizome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:

spoiler[I'm really wondering what Hiroshi is thinking- does he have a plan in mind, or is he just running away from his daughter and soul mate? I'm PO'd at him right now. He'd better have a good explanation for why he's doing what he's doing.]

Agreed. And after episode 18,
spoiler[I'm really hoping this guy Hiroshi worked with is just a big liar. Otherwise I don't think I like Hiroshi at all.

Loved the scenes with Atsuko and Hatchin. And Hatchin calling her "Jambo" LOL. Not sure what to think of Feliciano lying to Michiko like that. It could be bad for Hatchin.]

Only four episodes left!
Lolochan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quote
i dont understand..after all this...spoiler[why would michiko still so sure that Hiroshi loves her?or want to be with her?.....and it made me feel worse when hatchin try to make her still believe what she believed by a lie....]
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
episode 18

depending on how this ends, I'm prepared to give it a masterpiece rating. This show has the exact kind of ambiance I adore- it's creative in every way.

spoiler[I love storylines where characters are chasing one mythical character; in this case, they've done such a good job of building up the mystery of Hiroshi that it's almost like he's dead. Michiko seems to be clinging to something that is slowly slipping away, and no matter how much we want it to work out and for Hiroshi to have some really good excuse for his behavior I think we are looking at a happily-ever-after ending with just two people in it.]

I think this story has really emphasized, as the old proverb says, not the end result but the journey (which doesn't make me any less anxious to see the ending).

Also, I really enjoyed the song playing when Feliciano was breaking out of the garage.

And on a side note, who drew Michiko this episode? Her face was worse than ever, and her body was out-of-proportion more than once.
aizome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
First off, I want to say I've been loving this series so hard, and I plan on buying it on DVD whether it gets licensed or not.

But (yeah you knew there was a "but" coming, right?)
The animation for episode 19? FAIL. And, spoiler[for such an emotionally charged episode, bad animation really screwed it up.]

Then we get to 20-21...
spoiler[Re: 21. I think I officially hate Hiroshi. How bloody selfish can a person be? You see your daughter standing there looking at you and you LEAVE? Not to mention how horrible Satoshi's death was. Yeah, he was bad. But he was, once upon a time, Hiroshi's best friend. And the senseless death of that old circus lady really chilled my blood.]

I do love this series. I think it's amazing and unusual and wonderful. And there ARE flaws. But I'm pulling for this being one of the best animated series I've ever seen.
kornpone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
A bit OT, but. . .

If you're curious to get a look at Maki Yoko, Michiko's VA, she's currently on tv in Japan in a new Shiseido commercial:

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/ie/index2.htm

--After the ad plays, clicking on the big button on the lower right will take you to more information about her, the ad, and some behind the scenes shots.

As I've mentioned before, Yoko-san's personality overlaps with Michiko's to a degree --the side of her you see in this ad is in the part that doesn't, really, but hell, who's complaining Wink ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8