Knights of Sidonia Anime's TV Spot Streamed
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
King Records began streaming a 15-second TV spot of the anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga on Tuesday. The 12-episode series is slated to premiere on MBS' "Animeism" programming block in April.
The official website also updated with a new key visual on Wednesday.
The show's Japanese-language cast is as follows:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Nagate Tanikaze
- Aya Suzaki as Shizuka Hoshijiro
- Aki Toyosaki as Izana Shinatose
- Takahiro Sakurai as Norio Kunato
- Hisako Kanemoto as Yuhata Midorikawa
- Eri Kitamura as Honoka Series
- Sayaka Ohara as Captain Kobayashi
- Tomohiro Tsuboi as Ichirō Seii
- Takehito Koyasu as Ochiai
- Satomi Arai as Lala Hiyama
- Atsuko Tanaka as Samari Ittan
- Nanako Mori as Eiko Yamano
- Takako Honda as Sasaki
- Kousuke Toriumi as Tsuruuchi
- Ayane Sakura as Mozuku Kunato
- Osamu Saka as Shinsuke Tanba
Kobun Shizuno (G.I. Joe: Sigma 6, Detective Conan movie) is directing the anime with co-director Hiroyuki Seshita (Street Fighter x Tekken, Final Fantasy). Sadayuki Murai (Steamboy, Millennium Actress) is writing the scripts and serving as series script supervisor, and Yuki Moriyama (Street Fighter x Tekken, Dino Dominion) is adapting the characters for animation.
The manga's story takes place after humans flee Earth due to the devastating invasion of alien creatures called Gauna. Humans travel through space in giant ships while the Gauna continue to pursue them. As a new human culture develops, people fight the Gauna with Morito (Guardian) robotic mecha. A young man named Nagate Tanikaze trains as a Morito pilot aboard the spaceship Sidonia and defends its people from Gauna attacks.
Source: MoCa News
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history