Irregular at Magic High School Anime Film's 3rd Teaser Previews GARNiDELiA Song
posted on by Egan Loo
The production company Aniplex began streaming the third teaser trailer for the Gekijōban Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Hoshi o Yobu Shōjo (The Irregular at Magic High School The Movie: The Girl Who Calls the Stars) anime film on Saturday. The new teaser previews the theme song "Speed Star" by the duo GARNiDELiA.
In the story, the seasons have changed, and it will soon be spring before the main characters' second year in high school. The poor student/older brother Tatsuya and the honor student/younger sister Miyuki have finished their first year at their magic high school, and are on their spring break. The two go to their villa on the Ogasawara Island archipelago. After only a small moment of peace, a lone young woman named Kokoa appears before them. She has abandoned the Naval base, and she tells Tatsuya her one wish.
The film's returning cast includes:
- Saori Hayami as Miyuki Shiba
- Yūichi Nakamura as Tatsuya Shiba
- Yumi Uchiyama as Erika Chiba
- Takuma Terashima as Leonhart Saijo
- Satomi Satou as Mizuki Shibata
- Atsushi Tamaru as Mikihiko Yoshida
- Sora Amamiya as Honoka Mitsui
- Yuiko Tatsumi as Shizuku Kitayama
The film's new cast includes:
Konomi Kohara as Kokoa, who is a deserter from the National Defense Navy's base, and who ends up in Miyuki's care. Her appearance is that of a very young woman, but her true character is shrouded in mystery.
Yōko Hikasa as Angelina Kudou Shields
Kana Hanazawa as Mayumi Saegusa
Marina Inoue as Mari Watanabe
Junichi Suwabe as as Katsuto Jyumonji
Risako Yoshida, who served as a unit director and a storyboarder on the television anime series, is directing the film at studio 8-Bit (Madhouse animated the television series). Original light novel series artist Kana Ishida is returning to serve as the character designer and chief animation director. Original light novel author Tsutomu Satou is writing an original new story for the film, and he and WriteWorks are in writing the script. Taku Iwasaki is returning to compose the music.
Other staff members include:
- Art: Hiromasa Ogura, Kazushi Fujii
- Art Design: Yuuho Taniuchi,
- Mechanical Design: Junji Okubo
- CAD, Sub Character Design: Jimmy Stone
- 3D Director: Yasutaka Tanaka (Mad Box)
- Director of Photography: Yuuki Kawashita (Mad Box)
- Editing: Kashiko Kimura (Mad Box)
- Color Key: Yukie Noguchi
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Sound Effects: Tomoji Furuya
- Sound Production: Studio Mausu
Tsutomu Satou began writing the novel series with character designs and illustrations by Kana Ishida (Aquarion Evol character design) in 2008 under the Dengeki Bunko label. The novel series has more than 7.7 million copies in print in Japan. Yen Press licensed the original light novel series and the spinoff manga The Honor Student at Magic High School.
The earlier 26-episode television anime adaptation debuted in April 2014 from director Manabu Ono at Madhouse. Aniplex of America licensed the anime and released it on home video in 2015.
Thanks to Dennis R for the embedded video